Wiki Posts
Search

flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Cuba, Si!

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
Thanks. . . and thanks. I went on a tour arranged through Koryo tours from Beijing (much to the surprise of many, it is legal for Americans to go on tours into North Korea. . . Cuba, no. . . but North Korea, yes).
Not to wander too far OT but just in case anybody reads the above and thinks Cuba is off-limits, that's no longer the case. Just has to be with specified travel agencies, e.g., OAT Travel, and include a "cultural" element.

I went in the mid-70's on official business when the Russians were there in force. It's a bit like Myanmar, untouched by the tourist hordes for half a century. Time travel!!
Old May 30, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Fantastic Tool! Is there a way to edit my ANA user/pass?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
Thank you. Doing some sample searches now...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
I tried to shoot you some money via PayPal for the premium features but there is an error message that pops up. Says you aren't set up for them.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:05 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by gameboy213
I tried to shoot you some money via PayPal for the premium features but there is an error message that pops up. Says you aren't set up for them.
Let me sort that out via PM with you
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: USAirways
Hi Pseudo Nim - thanks for the great Star Alliance site. I have used it quite successfully in the past and appreciate your work on this. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get it to work for me during the past week. I put in searches that definitely have yielded results on the actually airline (in this case US Airways), but no results come up on your site. Here is an example of something I've tried that should have results:

To: CDG
Date: 11-04-2013
Economy Class
Not Direct
Aeroplan

I think the system is not working!

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Fixed! Sorry - am on a trip, was slow with the reply. Should be all good now.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: USAirways
Hi Pseudo Nim. I hope that you had a great trip.

Yes, this particular search is fixed, but when I go to add Business Class and then +3 days, I get caught in an endless loop. I can try other searches, but I think something is broken in the program.

To: CDG
Date: 11-04-2013
Economy Class, Business Clas
Not Direct
+3 days
Aeroplan
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Ahh, yeah, I see. Unfortunately, it looks like +3 days is taking too much time (in fact, the result seems to time out). Please search using "Exact day" or +1 day at the most for now, I will work on improving the search response.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
"BOM | BOMBAY, INDIA | Airport not found!"
Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
"BOM | BOMBAY, INDIA | Airport not found!"
haha what? reload the page and try again. the site wouldn't be worth much if it didn't find BOM
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Hey Pseudo,

So if the flight is on your search, it should be on Aeroplan, right?

If it doesn't show up online on Aeroplan's page, can you call them and have them find it to book? Do they have a phone surcharge?

If its economy on your list (within Canada/US) it should be 25k miles right?... Just wondering if your search in economy knows whether its the 25k. Sometimes Aeroplan has those higher economy miles rates.

Thanks, and awesome job!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coleworld
Hey Pseudo,

So if the flight is on your search, it should be on Aeroplan, right?

If it doesn't show up online on Aeroplan's page, can you call them and have them find it to book? Do they have a phone surcharge?

If its economy on your list (within Canada/US) it should be 25k miles right?... Just wondering if your search in economy knows whether its the 25k. Sometimes Aeroplan has those higher economy miles rates.

Thanks, and awesome job!
Hey - so, in order:

1) if it doesn't show up on Aeroplan's page, it's not likely to show up on mine in the first place - UNLESS you search using ANA / LifeMiles (in this case yes: you should be able to call in). There is a $35 or so fee for booking by phone.
2) The only times there's a difference in points in short-haul economy is for AC vs partners on short-haul (15K if you are on a single AC flight vs 20K on UA/US/etc). Everything else (i.e. pretty much almost all other North America economy) is 25K and should show up all the same - btw, I don't display those crazy Market Fares or ClassicRipoff or whatever Aeroplan calls them
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

New feature added: LifeMiles searching, together with forcing specific airlines (this feature is supported only for LifeMiles). For, you know, those cases where, you know, you just MUST fly a certain airline, irrespective of how much further the flight becomes for no reason... ahem.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Thanks PN!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.