flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:15 pm

Having some difficulty with tool

Pseudo Nim - many thanks for creating this - really nice job! I am having some difficulty though - for example, I tried looking at availability for Jan., 2013 for LAX-AKL or for LAX-RAR - nothing came up (used both Aero and ANA). Then, I went on CO.com, and did find the Sunday flights from LAX-RAR (but again, not with your tool) -- am I missing doing something?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:19 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by psterman
Pseudo Nim - many thanks for creating this - really nice job! I am having some difficulty though - for example, I tried looking at availability for Jan., 2013 for LAX-AKL or for LAX-RAR - nothing came up (used both Aero and ANA). Then, I went on CO.com, and did find the Sunday flights from LAX-RAR (but again, not with your tool) -- am I missing doing something?
Interesting. It's *possible* CO shows different availability, but should still match at least one of AE/ANA. Could you PM me your searches? I'll check. Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:45 pm

Update

Actually, I did now find flights for this April (various choices), but couldn't find anything for next January (or even this November) -- does the tool perhaps not pick up on seats out that far or something?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by psterman
Actually, I did now find flights for this April (various choices), but couldn't find anything for next January (or even this November) -- does the tool perhaps not pick up on seats out that far or something?
Very curious. I will check. I think ANA publishes at around 330 days (or even 300) but pretty sure Aeroplan is at 350... Hm.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:26 pm

A very basic question- I see the flights, but how do I know if there is availability?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marion10
A very basic question- I see the flights, but how do I know if there is availability?
If you perform a search, and you get results back, that means there's availability on the segments that are shown for the dates/class/num of people you selected
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
This seems a really excellent site!! Very easy to use and intuitive (I haven't tried to actually get tickets, but fun to play around). Works well with Firefox.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
Sounds great Pseudo Nim. Site seems to be down now - can't access. Hopefully just a glitch in the matrix.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQjunkie
Sounds great Pseudo Nim. Site seems to be down now - can't access. Hopefully just a glitch in the matrix.
Yep, experiencing some downtime at the moment - working with the service provider to restore... thinking of moving to EC2. Sigh.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:15 pm

Thanks so much for this. Thanks to you we now have our Disneyland trip booked! I had been on the phone for days to a Singapore Airlines person trying to find available dates and he ended up not calling me back so had given up hope on this trip till I found your tool and found the dates myself...called up and all booked!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zaftig74
Thanks so much for this. Thanks to you we now have our Disneyland trip booked! I had been on the phone for days to a Singapore Airlines person trying to find available dates and he ended up not calling me back so had given up hope on this trip till I found your tool and found the dates myself...called up and all booked!
Awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:06 pm

It is nicely designed! I am going to do some mock tests tonight.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:12 pm

This is terrific!! Extremely user-friendly and much easier to read than the airlines websites, at least those I use.

I've been using just the AP search because I don't have an ANA account. Do you think I would get better availability if I took the time to set up an ANA account? Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewToCanada
This is terrific!! Extremely user-friendly and much easier to read than the airlines websites, at least those I use.

I've been using just the AP search because I don't have an ANA account. Do you think I would get better availability if I took the time to set up an ANA account? Thanks!
Nah, not likely. You would get alternate routing results, but it's a bit unlikely (slough nothing is impossible, I suppose) that you'd see a seat with ANA and be able to get Aeroplan to give it to you. I *have* seen flights on, for instance, LH show F availability on ANA and only J/Y on AP, but I doubt AP can give you that seat anyway.

Then again... The ANA account IS free
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:04 pm

Thanks Pseudo Nim.

is there any way you can search only for multisector flights.

I.E UA 888.

Is there a tool that would show days a paticular flight is avaiable? like if i wanted to see if UA 888 had award seat from PEK-LAX via SFO

something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.