FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1309114-flisea-com-star-alliance-award-availability-lookup-tool.html)

Pseudo Nim Jan 31, 2012 8:35 pm

flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Hi everyone,

So since I felt there weren't ENOUGH *A reward availability sites out there, I went and wrote one - and where else to announce it but on FT :) I actually started the same thread on MilesBuzz, but I think that was the wrong place for it - allthough the mods didn't move it (and the thread died anyway), so I am re-trying here.

It's completely free - for now, anyway, and it basically allows you to search Aeroplan (anonymously) and ANA (with registration/input of your ANA credentials) availability in a HTML5-compatible (i.e. it'll work on your iPhone/iPad/Android/whatever device, in addition to your PC - Chrome-optimised!) layout.

The URL is http://flisea.com. Once again - you don't NEED to register, but you MUST if you want to use a) ANA, or b) scheduled watchlist function (!) - it'll let you schedule a search and run once daily to try to find whatever segment it is you're trying to get your paws on.

Thanks, and please feel free to suggest new features, find bugs, and other stuff like that. It's a work in progress.

-pN

zh Feb 1, 2012 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 17926384)
Hi everyone,

So since I felt there weren't ENOUGH *A reward availability sites out there, I went and wrote one - and where else to announce it but on FT :) I actually started the same thread on MilesBuzz, but I think that was the wrong place for it - allthough the mods didn't move it (and the thread died anyway), so I am re-trying here.

It's completely free - for now, anyway, and it basically allows you to search Aeroplan (anonymously) and ANA (with registration/input of your ANA credentials) availability in a HTML5-compatible (i.e. it'll work on your iPhone/iPad/Android/whatever device, in addition to your PC - Chrome-optimised!) layout.

The URL is http://flisea.com. Once again - you don't NEED to register, but you MUST if you want to use a) ANA, or b) scheduled watchlist function (!) - it'll let you schedule a search and run once daily to try to find whatever segment it is you're trying to get your paws on.

Thanks, and please feel free to suggest new features, find bugs, and other stuff like that. It's a work in progress.

-pN

Just took a quick look - nice design! Did a few searches - will take closer look when I have a bit of time.

Nice work Pseudo Nim.

ZH

Pseudo Nim Feb 2, 2012 6:44 am

Originally Posted by zh (Post 17934951)
Just took a quick look - nice design! Did a few searches - will take closer look when I have a bit of time.

Nice work Pseudo Nim.

ZH

Thanks for the positive feedback - let me know if any weirdness crops up.

astroflyer Feb 12, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks for the effort.

When I load your site in Firefox, I don't get a place to input the return date which prompts an error upon search.

Pseudo Nim Feb 12, 2012 11:43 am

Originally Posted by astroflyer (Post 18000501)
Thanks for the effort.

When I load your site in Firefox, I don't get a place to input the return date which prompts an error upon search.

Thanks for the comment! Could you PM me the exact error that you get? I used to have a return functionality, but I have removed it as the point of the tool is to search for segments, so return date should not be relevant and you should no longer see that error.

SKRan Feb 12, 2012 12:33 pm

had a dummy search for LHR-FRA 25FEB.
It's showing First class availability for the business class.

Pseudo Nim Feb 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by SKRan (Post 18000906)
had a dummy search for LHR-FRA 25FEB.
It's showing First class availability for the business class.

What do you mean? Just tried it, if I select only "First", I get no hits. If I select only "Business", I get a few flights. Not sure I understand?

JOUY31 Feb 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Moving this thread to the Star Alliance forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator

Pseudo Nim Feb 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 18001301)

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator

No problem, I was just following where the other threads of similar nature ended up. :) Thanks!

JOUY31 Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator

cheltzel Feb 12, 2012 4:42 pm

I don't know if I did something wrong but I tried registering so I could use my ANA number.

I never got a confirmation email and the website was constantly processing my registration.

Let me know if I need to PM any personal info.

Pseudo Nim Feb 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel (Post 18002286)
I don't know if I did something wrong but I tried registering so I could use my ANA number.

I never got a confirmation email and the website was constantly processing my registration.

Let me know if I need to PM any personal info.

Please PM me the username you used, and I'll see what's up.

djjaguar64 Feb 13, 2012 6:25 am

Pseudo Nim, this is amazing, thank you.

Paiteaw Feb 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 18005225)

I agree , a very nice tool, well designed too.
Thank you kindly for your effort.
Just wondering if I will receive an email if there is a find on a saved search or do I just keep logging on to the site?
Any possibility of adding in a connecting city for a two segment itinerary as on the Ana search engine?

Pseudo Nim Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 18005225)

Originally Posted by Paiteaw (Post 18010002)
I agree , a very nice tool, well designed too.
Thank you kindly for your effort.
Just wondering if I will receive an email if there is a find on a saved search or do I just keep logging on to the site?

Thanks for the positive feedback. Send me bugs if you find them. Had some downtime a few hours ago btw, sorry about that.

And Paiteaw: yep you'll receive an email. That's the beauty of the feature. :)