ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:33 am

How to find partner airline awards in expert flyer

I’m interested in nrt to lax using ba avios, 3 seats on jal. How do I set up alerts? What flight numbers from what airlines?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:29 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by webazoid
I’m interested in nrt to lax using ba avios, 3 seats on jal. How do I set up alerts? What flight numbers from what airlines?
The searching and alerts are based on the operating airline. Since EF doesn't have access to JAL award inventory at this time, it's not something we can currently help you with.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:07 pm

would it allow search Asiana or AA businss class seats for saver awards?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:38 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

would it allow search Asiana or AA businss class seats for saver awards?
The list of supported Award & Upgrade airlines is on our Help/FAQ page here: https://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:18 pm

What product is needed if I want to find 3 seats on a flight with award availability? Basic version or premium version?

I plan to fly October. Want to set alert so that if 3 seats open on a particular day for biz or first class, I get email.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 24, 2019 at 8:55 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:25 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

What product is needed if I want to find 3 seats on a flight with award availability? Basic version or premium version?
As noted here: https://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-flyer-programs Flight Alerts is a Premium Subscription feature.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
I keep getting an alert that NH176 on May 12, 2019 has at least 1 seat in I (award business), but I can't find that anywhere when searching Aeroplan or United. Phantom availability?
NH releases more award availability to members of its own frequent flyer program - especially in business and First class - than it does to partner airlines.

So if Expertflyer uses the NH website as its data source, it will show a lot of award availability not bookable via partner airlines.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Hey gang, not sure if you are aware but it seems as though some current searches on VA aren't working properly. For example, I just searched HBA-SYD 2x business awards on 30/12 and while nothing returned on EF, Velocity shows the seats available and I'm actually on the phone with Etihad now booking them. Just a heads up!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:57 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by nichojo
Hey gang, not sure if you are aware but it seems as though some current searches on VA aren't working properly. For example, I just searched HBA-SYD 2x business awards on 30/12 and while nothing returned on EF, Velocity shows the seats available and I'm actually on the phone with Etihad now booking them. Just a heads up!
It must be something specific about that flight as BNE-SYD on the same day shows plenty of award inventory for VA. Please be sure to email us directly at [email protected] to report technical issues, thanks.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:16 pm

I am trying to set up an alert for a business class award flight ORD-IST on Turkish Airlines for April 3, 2020, but I'm having some trouble.

When I search on ExpertFlyer, it shows no no availability -- see attached screenshots.

I know that a flight exists, and even if an award isn't currently available, shouldn't I see the flight with an option to set an alert?

Old May 9, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I know that a flight exists, and even if an award isn't currently available, shouldn't I see the flight with an option to set an alert?
I think that this can vary by airline.

However, I believe that if you know that the flight exists and you know that you need I class, you can go to the normal flight availability display and use the alert function there to set an alert for an I class seat even if I class isn't displayed on that page.
Traveler56789 likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:39 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I am trying to set up an alert for a business class award flight ORD-IST on Turkish Airlines for April 3, 2020, but I'm having some trouble.

When I search on ExpertFlyer, it shows no no availability -- see attached screenshots.

You can use the Flight Availability search, the Create New Flight Alert page, or add an Other Class to the Award search like Y to force the flight to show. For some airlines flights won't show if they have no availability.
Traveler56789 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:25 pm
Suspended

How often does the award availability check run, and what is the latency for alert emails?
Here's what I saw today:
- I had previously set up an Iberia award alert for several dates in December.
- I received an email around 9 am telling me that there's now availability for date "A" on the ORD-MAD route.
- At 9:15 am, checking both the AA award search web page and ExpertFlyer, I verified that there was in fact availability on date "A"
- Using the award search on aa.com, I also found one seat for date "B", and I booked it around 9:20 am. Using both aa.com and EF after making the booking, I verified that there were no more award seats available on date "B".
- At 1 pm, I received an email alert that there was at least one award seat available on date "B". At 1:05 pm I verified on both EF and aa.com that there was no award seat available at that date.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
EF not showing all available award space..

Hi there,

When I search EF for AA awards in all SAVER classes, I see 0 availability. I go
to AA website and it shows many awards (in SAVER) for the same city pairs.
EF is only showing LIS-BOS via MAD/JFK (IB and AA but not BA). While AA
website is showing available space via BA. When I search EF for BA awards,
it does show same availability.
Is this something EF is planning to fix ? Sometimes airline showing award space
may not be available for partners. Also I am not able to map BA award codes to
AA since they do not have different levels like Saver and Anytime..
I would rather just do one search than multiple searches....
Old May 26, 2019, 11:14 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by GFrye
How often does the award availability check run, and what is the latency for alert emails?
Here's what I saw today:
- I had previously set up an Iberia award alert for several dates in December.
- I received an email around 9 am telling me that there's now availability for date "A" on the ORD-MAD route.
- At 9:15 am, checking both the AA award search web page and ExpertFlyer, I verified that there was in fact availability on date "A"
- Using the award search on aa.com, I also found one seat for date "B", and I booked it around 9:20 am. Using both aa.com and EF after making the booking, I verified that there were no more award seats available on date "B".
- At 1 pm, I received an email alert that there was at least one award seat available on date "B". At 1:05 pm I verified on both EF and aa.com that there was no award seat available at that date.
The alerts are checked a few times a day, not every minute. There is no "latency" in the email, if an alert check finds award space, it immediately emails you.

Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi there,

When I search EF for AA awards in all SAVER classes, I see 0 availability. I go
to AA website and it shows many awards (in SAVER) for the same city pairs.
EF is only showing LIS-BOS via MAD/JFK (IB and AA but not BA). While AA
website is showing available space via BA. When I search EF for BA awards,
it does show same availability.
Is this something EF is planning to fix ? Sometimes airline showing award space
may not be available for partners. Also I am not able to map BA award codes to
AA since they do not have different levels like Saver and Anytime..
I would rather just do one search than multiple searches....
There is nothing to fix, the AA award search will only show award space on AA operated flights. To see award space on BA operated flights choose BA as the airline, etc. It's not meant to be the same as an airline website. The inventory we show is partner level award inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.