Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I am trying to book LHR-CDG on BA using AAdvantage. Currently, the only flight available is the evening flight, both in coach and business (same availability shows on aa.com and ba.com). However, EF doesn't show availability on any flights that day in X or U. I want to set up an EF alert for the earlier flights, but I don't have confidence that EF will show the availability since it doesn't see the available space on the evening flight. I am EXP (though I don't think that matters here since I can see the availability on aa.com even if not logged in).

You can try yourself to see the issue - June 1 LHR-CDG
For the times when EF is returning false negatives for BA flights, https://rewardflightfinder.com is an alternative (although its level of detail only goes down to days rather than specific flights). It's returning a positive for 1 June, which confirms that EF is returning false negatives at the moment for that day, given that ba.com is being very specific that there is availability on that evening flight.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
For the times when EF is returning false negatives for BA flights, https://rewardflightfinder.com is an alternative (although its level of detail only goes down to days rather than specific flights). It's returning a positive for 1 June, which confirms that EF is returning false negatives at the moment for that day, given that ba.com is being very specific that there is availability on that evening flight.
Thanks. PS - I deleted the post as I didn't want to run afoul of the cross-posting rules.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:29 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Thanks. PS - I deleted the post as I didn't want to run afoul of the cross-posting rules.
Actually, JDiver invited you to post the question in this thread.
Originally Posted by JDiver
@ExpertFlyer Voice should bring attention to this, but you can also use ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Actually, JDiver invited you to post the question in this thread.
Well, now that a mod has signed off...
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by TWA884
CAPTCHA is the acronym for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.

This is their website:
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

TWA884
Travel Tools Moderator
I know what a captcha is.

I was trying to make clear I did not see one with E/F ...

My account was simply locked out while expertly deleting multiple saved queries one by one - one the expert flyer devices firefox browser portal.

Several times.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The EF alerts are always beneficial for flight schedule changes. However, I had a recent flight schedule change that I wasn't notified of, most likely because the schedule change also involved a flight number change. Is there anyway the trigger a notification in this scenario?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:30 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by dciolli
The EF alerts are always beneficial for flight schedule changes. However, I had a recent flight schedule change that I wasn't notified of, most likely because the schedule change also involved a flight number change. Is there anyway the trigger a notification in this scenario?
The schedule alert will trigger if the flight number it is set for has it's airport codes changed. If that didn't happen (or if the original flight number was deleted) that would be why you weren't alerted. For further help please email us with an example.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
EF Web site slow

Using Firefox.
Yesterday & today I experienced web pages are really slow in response, that included typing & clicking on choices.
Any suggestions to speed it up on my end as well EF's ?
Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:14 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Using Firefox.
Yesterday & today I experienced web pages are really slow in response, that included typing & clicking on choices.
Any suggestions to speed it up on my end as well EF's ?
Thanks
There are no current issues with the website. Try a different browser or restarting your computer. If you need further help then please email us directly at customercare@ for help.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:26 pm

I am trying to book LHR-CDG on BA using AAdvantage. Currently, the only flight available is the evening flight, both in coach and business (same availability shows on aa.com and ba.com). However, EF doesn't show availability on any flights that day in X or U. I want to set up an EF alert for the earlier flights, but I don't have confidence that EF will show the availability since it doesn't see the available space on the evening flight. I am EXP (though I don't think that matters here since I can see the availability on aa.com even if not logged in).

You can try yourself to see the issue - June 1 LHR-CDG
Bumping this to see if others see the issue.

Currently looking at May 31: LHR-CDG. BA 322 shows no availability in U or X, but I can book U through AA.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:17 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Bumping this to see if others see the issue.

Currently looking at May 31: LHR-CDG. BA 322 shows no availability in U or X, but I can book U through AA.

Thanks!
Edit: This has been fixed by our vendor, thank you for your patience.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Apr 24, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I was wondering if it were possible to create a re-occurring flight alert

If I am on a flight that is pretty full in J, I sometimes put an alert it to keep track of it. However, once it matches up, it runs only once and never again.

It would be nice, if it could keep that same alert active for as long as I would want it.

Is that doable?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I was wondering if it were possible to create a re-occurring flight alert

If I am on a flight that is pretty full in J, I sometimes put an alert it to keep track of it. However, once it matches up, it runs only once and never again.

It would be nice, if it could keep that same alert active for as long as I would want it.
It's not hard to reset the alert, assuming that the availability has disappeared again. Go to the alerts page, check the "Notified" box to bring up the alert that's been triggered, and click the hooked arrow (which only appears on triggered alerts) to reactivate the alert. This takes about 15 seconds to do, assuming that you have to log in.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Anyone else having issues with searches today? Get the following message appear for basic availability searches:

"An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:04 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by jackowilkinson
Anyone else having issues with searches today? Get the following message appear for basic availability searches:

"An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
There was an outage at our main reservation system vendor earlier today which has now been resolved.
jackowilkinson likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.