ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:27 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by kkl
So if I put a manual search for O or I awards it will alert me if it comes up?
If you mean creating a manual Flight Alert, then yes. Another trick is to add a fare class code like Y as an Other Class code to the Award search. You still won't see the award class if it's not there, but it would force the flight to show.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:21 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
If you mean creating a manual Flight Alert, then yes. Another trick is to add a fare class code like Y as an Other Class code to the Award search. You still won't see the award class if it's not there, but it would force the flight to show.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Are your searches for different days? The UA seat map display says "Depart SFO: Sun, Jan 27" while the EF seat map display is for "28/01/19".
My stupidity, only ameliorated by the tendency of the UA website to show the next day's early morning flights when searching for a specific date. i.e. a 1am flight on 28th will show on search
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: One World
Is there a significant difference in using a GDS (not ticketing, just availability) over using ExpertFlyer?

Is there any difference? More current? More expensive?

Taara
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Any way to add Vietnam POS, given the Cathay mistake fare?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Taara
Is there a significant difference in using a GDS (not ticketing, just availability) over using ExpertFlyer?

Is there any difference? More current? More expensive?

Taara
Do you have access to a personal GDS tool?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by adambadam
Do you have access to a personal GDS tool?
Yes I have access to corporate Galileo, but am weighing the benefits as we are not ticketing with it and EF seems much cheaper
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
My EF membership has lapsed b/c I've gotten pretty good at finding what I need otherwise. But I'm having some difficulty and have two questions before I pay for EF.

1) UA and CA both show 5x seats for CA flights at the saver level (I have no status or cc for these programs), but ANA won't work with more than 4 for CA flights. Will EF be able to determine if the 5th is available to ANA? I can call, but would like to search options first.

2) UA and CA both show ZRH-VIE-ORD (on Austrian), but when I do a straight VIE-ORD search, no VIE-ORD shows up. Will EF show the direct as singly bookable? I believe it will, but I haven't used it in a few years.

UPDATE: I went ahead and re-upped EF, which says only 4x on those CA flights. They must limit to 4 generally. And the VIE-ORD shows up, so I guess that's a call in.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 28, 2019 at 7:59 am
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I am searching connections and I am seeing absolutely bewildering choices. QYC? HHI? What are these? I mean, QYC is the bus station in Drachten but I am reasonably sure noone flying from Africa to the Carribean needs or wants to go through that. HHI is a tiny airport on a tiny island and I am reasonably sure it is not connected to Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Atlanta and Casablanca and more.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:23 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by chx1975
I am searching connections and I am seeing absolutely bewildering choices. QYC? HHI? What are these? I mean, QYC is the bus station in Drachten but I am reasonably sure noone flying from Africa to the Carribean needs or wants to go through that. HHI is a tiny airport on a tiny island and I am reasonably sure it is not connected to Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Atlanta and Casablanca and more.
We show what the reservation returns given the city pair/date/airline you entered. Since you didn't post enough information to help you here, you can email us directly with the details.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I typically search for AA availability, but have been trying to book some close-in *A space recently, and noticed that the data source won't allow for any searches within 3 days of departure (JST). Am I crazy, and has it always been this way, or is the <=3 day limitation recent?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:10 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by linglingfool
I typically search for AA availability, but have been trying to book some close-in *A space recently, and noticed that the data source won't allow for any searches within 3 days of departure (JST). Am I crazy, and has it always been this way, or is the <=3 day limitation recent?
That is a limitation for some *A airlines.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:56 am

Tried to use Seat Alerts, and keep getting this error message ‘The network connection was lost’ on my iPad. Removed and reinstalled app didn’t help. My iOS is the latest one. Can someone help?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:56 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by jerrywu
Tried to use Seat Alerts, and keep getting this error message ‘The network connection was lost’ on my iPad. Removed and reinstalled app didn’t help. My iOS is the latest one. Can someone help?
When you say your iOS is "the latest one" does that mean the latest public or a beta release? Does the same error occur when using the same iOS version on your iPhone? Please email us directly at customercare@ with the answers to to troubleshoot.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:53 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by jerrywu
We have reports that iOS 12.2 beta 2 fixes the issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.