ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Help needed

I have a BOM-EWR-BOS saver award in Economy booked. I set alert for
same flights if saver Business space opens up later. How do I now set alerts
for other options like BOM-ZRH-BOS or BOM-FRA-BOS ? Is there any
easy way to set alerts instead of multiple flights alerts? Please advise...Thanks
in advance.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:25 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by flyalways
I have a BOM-EWR-BOS saver award in Economy booked. I set alert for
same flights if saver Business space opens up later. How do I now set alerts
for other options like BOM-ZRH-BOS or BOM-FRA-BOS ? Is there any
easy way to set alerts instead of multiple flights alerts? Please advise...Thanks
in advance.
At this time Flight Alerts are for specific segments only, not for married segments.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Neither Seat Alert or Aircraft Change Alert Notified Me

Wondering why I was not alerted when my 9/2 flight had an aircraft change and we were given different seats. I had set an aircraft change alert and also an alert if we were removed from our seats (seats shown as available). Neither alert was received.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:03 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by 747FC
Wondering why I was not alerted when my 9/2 flight had an aircraft change and we were given different seats. I had set an aircraft change alert and also an alert if we were removed from our seats (seats shown as available). Neither alert was received.
We'd love to help you, but since you didn't email us we can't look up your account or the specific flight information you're referring to. It depends on how the airline publishes the flight changes, the aircraft type in the seat map or the seat map it self has to change, but it sounds like it didn't. Again we can't tell you for sure since you didn't tell us who you are or the flight information. Please email us directly for help.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Can you add a feature that allows viewing any/most airline ticket's information and details by entering the ticket number ?

If you go to Saudia.com "manage my booking" section, you will be able to detailed information by entering a ticket number and last name of passenger. And it works for tickets issued and flights operated by many airlines. But I'm worried that the Saudia.com door will be shut down any time.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:28 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Can you add a feature that allows viewing any/most airline ticket's information and details by entering the ticket number ?

If you go to Saudia.com "manage my booking" section, you will be able to detailed information by entering a ticket number and last name of passenger. And it works for tickets issued and flights operated by many airlines. But I'm worried that the Saudia.com door will be shut down any time.
Unfortunately not as ticket/reservation information is only viewable to the airline and the booking agency.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Unfortunately not as ticket/reservation information is only viewable to the airline and the booking agency.
that's odd because Saudia can display tickets information on most airlines even if not ticketed or operated by Saudia
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:05 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by MasterGeek

that's odd because Saudia can display tickets information on most airlines even if not ticketed or operated by Saudia
Travel agents and non-airlines certainly cannot.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
A Thank you to the Expert Flyer team - I had booked an Aetoplan redemption in Y ( X) class since no J space was available.
I set an EF alert for I class, and received the email alert this evening that I space was available on this flight.
A quick phone call and $100 later I had the J class seat.
Thank you, and that alone is worth the annual fee for me.
747FC and Calchas like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:11 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
A Thank you to the Expert Flyer team - I had booked an Aetoplan redemption in Y ( X) class since no J space was available.
I set an EF alert for I class, and received the email alert this evening that I space was available on this flight.
A quick phone call and $100 later I had the J class seat.
Thank you, and that alone is worth the annual fee for me.
^
Glad we could help!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
UA 1796 Boeing 777-200
Depart SFO: Sun, Jan 27
Arrive EWR: Mon, Jan 28

Why would EF show all the empty seats as blocked, when on UA they show as available? I am sure that is what the GDS shows, but why would UA publish it that way?

As see on UA

As shown on EF
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Are your searches for different days? The UA seat map display says "Depart SFO: Sun, Jan 27" while the EF seat map display is for "28/01/19".
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:18 am
kkl

Is there a reason why flights are not shown on the "Award and Upgrades" section but shown on the "Flight availability"

e.g BKK-KIX in April. No direct TG flights are shown in the Upgrade section
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kkl
Is there a reason why flights are not shown on the "Award and Upgrades" section but shown on the "Flight availability"

e.g BKK-KIX in April. No direct TG flights are shown in the Upgrade section
Because no direct TG flight has any awards or upgrades available. Connecting flights are shown if at least one segment is available.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:22 am
kkl

Originally Posted by TerryK
Because no direct TG flight has any awards or upgrades available. Connecting flights are shown if at least one segment is available.
So if I put a manual search for O or I awards it will alert me if it comes up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.