ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
We've talked about this before EF. It's your Distil product that's throwing a false positive. You have fixed it for me, but it would happen regularly when clicking fast on a mobile browser. This guy is not crazy.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:31 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by seaskybound
1. If you look above you will see the complaints are not just from me on this issue.
2. I surf the web all the time a lot, around the world, different wifi sources different VPN servers (though same VPN provider) and it is only your website "that complains". This happens on PC and Phone (same VPN provider though)

I realise you could have a mere $8 a month subscription and get huge amounts of data for that via bots, and that is a risk. But a risk easily mitigated post login (if too much data is asked for at a fast rate) not just because your scripts don't match
1. Like we said uBlock made some changes that cause the JS from our site not to load, this will trigger the captcha. This is an easy fix, just whitelist ExpertFlyer. There are different reasons someone could get a captcha, don't confuse more than one person saying they saw a captcha with it being for the same reason.

Everyone who recently saw a captcha because of the recent uBlock change solved the issue by whitelisting ExpertFlyer.com. Your issue is because you use a VPN that has an end point in a known bad data center. That has always resulted in a captcha (which is good for at least 10 min) and always will.

2. Not many sites use services to block data harvesting like we do. But again, it's not new. Yes we do usually only show a captcha if too much data is asked for at a fast rate as you suggest, however if your browser isn't properly loading javascript then that will trigger the captcha no matter what as that is a tell tale sign of a bot (which has always been the case). All sites require their JavaScript to load for the site to work, we are no different. Again, just whitelist ExpertFlyer.com in your browser add-on if it applies to you.

As noted before, if you do whitelist and still have issues, then contact us directly with the additional information mentioned in our last post so we can look up exactly what triggered a captcha for your browsing session. That is not something we can troubleshoot via FlyerTalk as we need the other data to look up the details of your session and as such we won't be responding here further on this issue, thanks.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Apr 24, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Someone recently reminded me about married segment availability on AA -- how can I create an award space alert that performs a multi-segment search?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:19 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by lairdb
Someone recently reminded me about married segment availability on AA -- how can I create an award space alert that performs a multi-segment search?
Multi-segment Flight Alerts are not available at this time.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:44 pm

Not sure what's happening. My EF keeps timing out and making me do the CAPTCHA for "suspicious activity"

I'm running Firefox with Privacy Badger, HTTPS everywhere, canvas, and uBlock Origin. The CAPTCHA doesn't let me spin the ball until it's the right way up without timing out.

Tried this in an inprivate window and a regular window. It's all doing this. It's basically made the site next to impossible to use for more than one query.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:35 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
Not sure what's happening. My EF keeps timing out and making me do the CAPTCHA for "suspicious activity"

I'm running Firefox with Privacy Badger, HTTPS everywhere, canvas, and uBlock Origin. The CAPTCHA doesn't let me spin the ball until it's the right way up without timing out.

Tried this in an inprivate window and a regular window. It's all doing this. It's basically made the site next to impossible to use for more than one query.
As noted in our previous post above, uBlock Origin and/or Privacy Badger is causing the issue by blocking our JavaScript. Whitelist ExpertFlyer.com in both those tools.

If you still have issues after whitelisting then, as also noted above, please email us directly at [email protected] with your account information along with the exact trace string from the bottom of the captcha page, your IP address, your browsers user-agent string (What's my user agent?) and a list of browser add-ons you are using.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Very disappointed -- no alert?

Why has this alert

not fired?

Super disappointed -- this alert is the principal reason I paid for the service, and it hasn't worked.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:47 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by lairdb
Why has this alert

not fired?

Super disappointed -- this alert is the principal reason I paid for the service, and it hasn't worked.
It will, the alerts check several times a day, not every second. If you want to make sure that on next check of the alert you will be notified, just click the Quick Check icon (the magnifying glass) icon next to the alert.

If you have further questions about how alerts work, you can email us directly at [email protected]
Old May 3, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Showing wildly incorrect data for award space DOH-UTP on QR.
Shows flights on days there are no real flights and isn't even aware of flights happening on the correct days :-(

eg: QR828 on 17th June.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:09 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Showing wildly incorrect data for award space DOH-UTP on QR.
Shows flights on days there are no real flights and isn't even aware of flights happening on the correct days :-(

eg: QR828 on 17th June.
As ExpertFlyer doesn't show award space for QR, it's not clear what it is you think you are seeing. QR isn't listed in the Award & Upgrade search, which is the only proper way to see award inventory.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:01 am

EF seat map not the same as LH's dynamic map?

I contacted EF about this and they replied saying they, EF, have the most accurate map, but I beg to differ. Question: why the discrepancy?

I have 2 flights booked on LH, Aug 20 and Aug 21, flights 499 and 572, respectively. On the LH site, where I choose my seats, the seat map shows the aircraft to be the the 747-8 version 1, with rows 10-11-12-14 in J class. However, the seat map EF provides is for a later version (2 3 4) 747-8 which is lacking those extra J class rows and has replaced them with PE seating.

Anyone know which is the accurate seat map?
Old May 8, 2018, 9:38 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by elizadoo
I contacted EF about this and they replied saying they, EF, have the most accurate map, but I beg to differ. Question: why the discrepancy?

I have 2 flights booked on LH, Aug 20 and Aug 21, flights 499 and 572, respectively. On the LH site, where I choose my seats, the seat map shows the aircraft to be the the 747-8 version 1, with rows 10-11-12-14 in J class. However, the seat map EF provides is for a later version (2 3 4) 747-8 which is lacking those extra J class rows and has replaced them with PE seating.

Anyone know which is the accurate seat map?
It could be that LH isn't correctly publishing the seat map in the reservation systems, because as we noted in our email to you we are showing exactly what LH is publishing for the flight:

Code:
4G*LH572J21AUGFRAJNB«
AUTH-364 74H
0 - FRA 1 - JNB
NO SMOKING FLIGHT

A C D G H K
4 /DB ID *D *D ID /DB 4
5 * * * * * * 5
6 * * * * * * 6
7 . * * * H * * 7
8 * * * * H * M * M 8
9 * * * * * * 9
LAV LAV
GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL
STR

W10 /DB ID *D *D ID /DB 10W
W11 * * * * * * 11W
LAV

A C H K
81 .J .J /JD /JD 81
82 /J /J /J /J 82
83 /J /J /J /J 83
BHD BHD BHD BHD
84 .J .J .J .J 84
85 *J *J .J .J 85
86 *J *J *J *J 86
87 *J *J *J *J 87
88 *J *J *J *J 88
A C H K

AVAIL NO SMK: * BLOCK : / LEAST PREF: U BULKHEAD: BHD
AVAIL SMKING: - PREMIUM: Q UPPER DECK: J EXIT ROW: X
SEAT TAKEN: . WING: W PAID: P LAVATORY: LAV GALLEY:GAL BED:S
PREF ACCESS LAV: PAL DOOR: DOR SCREEN: SCR CLOSET: CLS
PREF ACCESS:H BASSINET:B LEGROOM:L UMNR:M REARFACE:@
Old May 8, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
It could be that LH isn't correctly publishing the seat map in the reservation systems, because as we noted in our email to you we are showing exactly what LH is publishing for the flight:
Code:
:@
So: when I go to the LH site and book myself into seat 12 B, a business class seat as shown in their map (which shows rows 10-11-12-14), where am I REALLY going to be seated? And for that matter, all the other pax who choose to sit in one of those 4 rows as shown on the LH site? I understand what you are saying re: the wrong seat map. However, there will come a point when LH will have to change the seat map (for the correct map) or alter the information supplied to you and all the other travel agents about the type of aircraft actually being flown, that is V1 versus a later version.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I have question regarding the current AF issue with F fares.
Looking at EF.com, on historical fares.
Departure on May 8th, Return Nov 12th, ticketed May 6th.

MFFTR now shows as PE. Before booking it, it definitely showed as F. So did the DFFTR. I have printout and PDF actually, but can AF amend the system in this way "to change the past"?
Old May 10, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I wonder how often EF checks upgrade availability.
Once I found AA's C upgrade availability at EF.com by myself and then called AA to confirm the upgrade.
I set up an alert for the C inventory, but I didn't get a notification.

Also, for another flight I didn't get an notification, but when I checked my AA account, my seat had been already upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.