Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Globaliser
This is a revenue management tool called married sector (or married segment) availability. The availability in a particular booking class is governed by your end-to-end journey rather than fixed by flight. It is not a coincidence that in the first example, availability is C8 D4 on both flights, and in the second example it's C2 D1 on both flights. The numbers are what the system is offering for the pair of flights taken together.
I suspected something like this. Thank you for confirming!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:12 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Does anyone know which GDS ExpertFlyer searches when checking flight availability?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:23 am

My biggest issue with ExpertFlyer is that the flight availability tool doesn't always give me the same result as when booking on the airline website.

For example, there is U class seats (the cheapest fare for TK) available on the return flight on 11/4.
But on Turkish Airline (I set the country as France), I can only buy the L class:
imgur.com/a/VXust (can't upload pic directly)

Why can’t I get a U class instead… I have checked the fare rule (UHAPPYRT) and didn’t see anything which would prevent it to be sold on this day… It’s sold on 10/30 only.
I already tried clearing my cookies and changing ip. I have the same issue with KLM not selling me a V class ticket although it should be available. Seems like some day they sell it and some day they don’t even though it should be available based on EF.
I don’t know if it’s usual for airlines to do that, if that’s the case then I can't rely only on ExpertFlyer.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:01 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by TBD
Does anyone know which GDS ExpertFlyer searches when checking flight availability?
We use multiple GDSs.

Originally Posted by chriswt
My biggest issue with ExpertFlyer is that the flight availability tool doesn't always give me the same result as when booking on the airline website.

For example, there is U class seats (the cheapest fare for TK) available on the return flight on 11/4.
But on Turkish Airline (I set the country as France), I can only buy the L class:
imgur.com/a/VXust (can't upload pic directly)

Why can’t I get a U class instead… I have checked the fare rule (UHAPPYRT) and didn’t see anything which would prevent it to be sold on this day… It’s sold on 10/30 only.
I already tried clearing my cookies and changing ip. I have the same issue with KLM not selling me a V class ticket although it should be available. Seems like some day they sell it and some day they don’t even though it should be available based on EF.
I don’t know if it’s usual for airlines to do that, if that’s the case then I can't rely only on ExpertFlyer.
Assuming all the fare rules are met (which isn't always the case) it sounds like a Point of Sale issue. Be sure to choose the correct POS when doing the Flight Availability search. You can email us directly at customercare@ for more help.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I am new to EF. I am getting strange errors about not having javacript enabled. But I have it enabled. Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (64bit).

I tried ot go to the page that talks about ghostery (which I don't have installed) and now I see the following:

Suspicious Activity Detected
Due to suspicious activity from your computer, we have blocked your access to ExpertFlyer. After completing the CAPTCHA below, you will immediately regain access unless further suspicious behavior is detected.

Note: This website requires JavaScript. If you have JavaScript disabled, please enable it before attempting to return to ExpertFlyer. If you are using Ghostery or NoScript, you must allow JavaScript from Distil Networks to run on ExpertFlyer.com as noted here.

You reached this page when attempting to access https://www.expertflyer.com/air/seatMap.do from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on 2018-04-10 20:18:16 UTC.
Trace: f1a1ffe0-3c02-4515-b475-8ea510c11e06 via 35a9edc9-dac9-459f-8854-dc3ec5d9864f

But I don't see a captcha. I just signed up for a full year and am in day 2 of my 5 day trial. I am about ready to pull the plug on it. This is about the least user friendly GUI I have ever seen.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I'm not an EF representative, but I sometimes get the "Suspicious activity" when I'm connecting via a VPN. If you are connecting via a VPN and have the ability to bypass it temporarily, you might check that and see if it helps.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by angra
I'm not an EF representative, but I sometimes get the "Suspicious activity" when I'm connecting via a VPN. If you are connecting via a VPN and have the ability to bypass it temporarily, you might check that and see if it helps.
Nope. Doing it from work (where I registered). Maybe going through a NAT firewall might do it. But even your home router is typically a NAT firewall so that should not be an issue.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Fares vs availability

OK -- my example search is AYQ-CNS on 9/17/18. Fares list shows:

...and availability shows:

Initially I was puzzled why there were published fares that don't show up (even if zero availability) on the direct -- is that because they weren't ever offered on that flight except with married segments as shown below?

If that's the case, I'm still puzzled by G0 showing up, since it doesn't appear anywhere in the published fares list. How does that work?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:30 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by lairdb
OK -- my example search is AYQ-CNS on 9/17/18. Fares list shows:

...and availability shows:

Initially I was puzzled why there were published fares that don't show up (even if zero availability) on the direct -- is that because they weren't ever offered on that flight except with married segments as shown below?

If that's the case, I'm still puzzled by G0 showing up, since it doesn't appear anywhere in the published fares list. How does that work?
There doesn't have to be a coloration between the published fares and the class codes assigned to a given flight. The G class may be there because there is a G fare for some other city pair that could use that flight as one of many flights.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:31 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Nope. Doing it from work (where I registered). Maybe going through a NAT firewall might do it. But even your home router is typically a NAT firewall so that should not be an issue.
As we noted in our email to you, that can happen when you have an add-in that is blocking our JavaScript. Please try a different browser, device, or private browsing mode then email us with the results.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
As we noted in our email to you, that can happen when you have an add-in that is blocking our JavaScript. Please try a different browser, device, or private browsing mode then email us with the results.
I can see that happening. But the funny thing is I visit all sorts of sites that run javascript with absolutely zero issues.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Ambassador (LT Titanium)
Unhappy Finally sprung for ExpertFlyer and I'm confused

I'm looking to create an alert for essentially the following:

"Find me any flight LAX-MIA with Economy Saver or Business Saver (T or U) availability on June 29"

I attempted to do this by searching in "Awards & Upgrades" for flights on that day. Once I'm on the page where the flights show up, the only option I see is to create a separate alert for each flight+fare class combination, and it appears there is a 30 alert limit, even with premium subscription.

I was expecting a way to create a more broad alert along the lines of what I quoted above. Is it possible?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by sam2k2002
I'm looking to create an alert for essentially the following:

"Find me any flight LAX-MIA with Economy Saver or Business Saver (T or U) availability on June 29"

I attempted to do this by searching in "Awards & Upgrades" for flights on that day. Once I'm on the page where the flights show up, the only option I see is to create a separate alert for each flight+fare class combination, and it appears there is a 30 alert limit, even with premium subscription.

I was expecting a way to create a more broad alert along the lines of what I quoted above. Is it possible?
yes you must each flight and give it a name. Just curious how would you expect EF to notify you about a flight if it didn’t have the exact flight info?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Ambassador (LT Titanium)
Originally Posted by enviroian

yes you must each flight and give it a name. Just curious how would you expect EF to notify you about a flight if it didn’t have the exact flight info?
By specifying Origin+Destination+Date, EF has access to the flight info, doesn't it?

Even a place to input multiple flight numbers would save a lot of time.

"Create an alert for T fares on flights 987, 654, and 321 on 6/29" seems like something EF would and should be able to do.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Awardnexus does this. I find it easy enough to do on EF -- copy+paste "yyymmdd AAABBB AA", and type in the flight number you searched for into the description box for the query on the results page for that day's flights. Takes 5 seconds a flight.
LovePrunes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.