ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I just finished 35 hours of USA-SYD-AKL.

I needed to know about “I” inventory for DL on December 3. Every time I used flight availability, it showed I0.

Fortunately, I set an alert and it informed me on arrival to SYD that there was at least I1. I called DL and was told to complete the trip to AKL to avoid paying more than a change fee.

Again flight availability showed I0 so I set another alert which immediately told me there was at least I1..

I was fortunate that once I got to AKL there was I1 as DL earlier said it was I2, but am confused why flight availability failed to match their own flight alert and what DL was telling me.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Folks,

Please don't ask members to look up and post proprietary information. If you want to know seating or upgrade availability for your upcoming flights, I suggest getting a trial subscription.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
eddieras likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:11 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Xeno
I just finished 35 hours of USA-SYD-AKL.

I needed to know about “I” inventory for DL on December 3. Every time I used flight availability, it showed I0.

Fortunately, I set an alert and it informed me on arrival to SYD that there was at least I1. I called DL and was told to complete the trip to AKL to avoid paying more than a change fee.

Again flight availability showed I0 so I set another alert which immediately told me there was at least I1..

I was fortunate that once I got to AKL there was I1 as DL earlier said it was I2, but am confused why flight availability failed to match their own flight alert and what DL was telling me.
Sounds like married segment logic. If you did a search for USA-SYD-AKL a connecting flight shown may have different inventory than searching for just that segments city pair. If you do a search just for the city pair of the flight segment you created the alert for, you will see the same results as the alert.
Xeno likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Perhaps you are correct in that my query was SYD-OKC. However, I noticed previously and again today that I inventory does show up on days other than my target day (Dec 3).
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Xeno
Perhaps you are correct in that my query was SYD-OKC. However, I noticed previously and again today that I inventory does show up on days other than my target day (Dec 3).
The airline may not show a fare class that is zero. If you need further help then email us with specifics.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
How come I can't see the fare rules anymore? I have premium service
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:50 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Deltahater
How come I can't see the fare rules anymore? I have premium service
The Fare Rules haven't changed and are still there, please clear your browser cache if you are having issues or email us directly for help.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
The Fare Rules haven't changed and are still there, please clear your browser cache if you are having issues or email us directly for help.
I had this issue too several times, had to clean up the cache.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:31 am

OK - i HAVE to give a huge THUMBS UP to the expert flyer alert service! I booked a trip back in May for my family of four to Rome (from ORD) for Christmas / New Years. I used American MileSAAver fare, but of course my routing was horrible. I then signed up for EF Alerts. My original routing was: ORD- CMH - PHL - LHR - FCO! EF quickly alerted me to ORD-PHL directly, but i still had LHR and those expensive taxes. We leave Christmas day and was hoping still that something would come up eliminating LHR. Well, I woke up this AM to an early Christmas gift, with an email from EF stating seats were found! I now have ORD-PHL-FCO !! and i saved $225 in taxes! I'm still hoping for a change on my return but i couldn't be happier!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:36 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by eddieras
OK - i HAVE to give a huge THUMBS UP to the expert flyer alert service! I booked a trip back in May for my family of four to Rome (from ORD) for Christmas / New Years. I used American MileSAAver fare, but of course my routing was horrible. I then signed up for EF Alerts. My original routing was: ORD- CMH - PHL - LHR - FCO! EF quickly alerted me to ORD-PHL directly, but i still had LHR and those expensive taxes. We leave Christmas day and was hoping still that something would come up eliminating LHR. Well, I woke up this AM to an early Christmas gift, with an email from EF stating seats were found! I now have ORD-PHL-FCO !! and i saved $225 in taxes! I'm still hoping for a change on my return but i couldn't be happier!
^^^^^
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:14 pm
kkl

My EF account which was using a Gift Cert is expiring. How do I go about in renewing it?

the GC was a gift and the person was hoping in extending it for another year - xmas present.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:54 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by kkl
My EF account which was using a Gift Cert is expiring. How do I go about in renewing it?

the GC was a gift and the person was hoping in extending it for another year - xmas present.
You would add your billing information on the My Account page and then set your account to renew on the Subscription tab.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:24 am
kkl

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
You would add your billing information on the My Account page and then set your account to renew on the Subscription tab.
How does one receive another 'gift' ?

I could always make a new account but i rather not.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:04 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kkl
How does one receive another 'gift' ?

I could always make a new account but i rather not.
As there is no price difference between the gift certificates and the Yearly Premium subscription, why would you need to? It is against our Terms of Use to create multiple accounts and any duplicate accounts will be deleted.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:49 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Is there any prospect of the amount of advertising and the number of sponsor offers forced on paying customers being reduced? It really doesn't create a very "premium" experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.