ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
QR170 DOH-MAD D Fare

EF shows D9

But CX could not see any availability.
Can someone explain why? (what's beyond the obvious)

I tried to re-issue a CX issued DONEx ticket.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
EF shows D9

But CX could not see any availability.
Can someone explain why? (what's beyond the obvious)

I tried to re-issue a CX issued DONEx ticket.
I have no idea what is obvious to you. This kind of discrepancy is usually the result of married segments or pos issue.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
I have no idea what is obvious to you. This kind of discrepancy is usually the result of married segments or pos issue.
Thz.

Will check if it is a married segment issue
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EF shows D9
in which city?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
in which city?
The flight is DOH-MAD as titled in OP.
Maybe I didn't understand what you mean ?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am having an issue where the 'view routing' button just does nto show in the column when viewing fares and prices. The column is there, but in the rows, nothing to click on to view allowed routings.

Using Chrome on Mac.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 27, 2017 at 2:06 pm Reason: Merge messages concerning the same issue that were posted in separate threads. Please do not cross-post.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:42 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I am having an issue where the 'view routing' button just does nto show in the column when viewing fares and prices. The column is there, but in the rows, nothing to click on to view allowed routings.

Using Chrome on Mac.
Did you email us about it? Try a shift-Reload of the page and/or clearing your cache.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Many thanks for switching QR routing rules back to Sabre! This allows easily to see when a fare was created/ scpired, set of rules applied etc.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:30 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Keter
Many thanks for switching QR routing rules back to Sabre! This allows easily to see when a fare was created/ scpired, set of rules applied etc.
You're welcome!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:47 am

Hi all, I am thinking about signing up to Expertflyer premium and there is one thing that is unclear on the website. If I select the monthly premium account, does it just charge you 9.99 as a once off or are you locked into a years contract? Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all, I am thinking about signing up to Expertflyer premium and there is one thing that is unclear on the website. If I select the monthly premium account, does it just charge you 9.99 as a once off or are you locked into a years contract? Thanks!
Only locked in for a month at a time. Once you subscribe you can cancel anytime and not be charged a subsequent month. The year's subscription is a bit cheaper (USD99 I think) but then you're charged the full cost up front.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by jah718
U can chose monthly or annual . I prefer monthly and U receive a email stating you are billed. I believe you can cancel your monthly at any time...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EF shows D9
Originally Posted by Calchas
in which city?
The flight is DOH-MAD as titled in OP.
Maybe I didn't understand what you mean ?
The availability depends on the sales city.

A flight can be D9 as viewed from a sales office in Hong Kong but the same flight can be D0 as viewed from a sales office in London.

Therefore it's important to ensure the point of sale you choose in ExpertFlyer is the same one as your booking agent will use.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:19 pm

I'm about to start my Expert Flyer subscription and had a question please.

I'm looking to book 2 J Saver tickets on AA from LAX-FCO for next spring, and our dates are very flexible. I'm trying to book the TATL part on AA metal, and then a partner airline is fine for the rest. So LAX-PHL-FCO is perfect. LAX-LHR-FCO is acceptable, as long as the first leg is on AA then I don't mind if the second leg is BA.

Will Expert Flyer enable me to specify this kind of alert? I don't want to set the alert for AA only, because I'm willing to fly LHR-FCO on BA.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:37 pm

my understanding - and i may be wrong - is you have to set up an alert for each leg separately. I'm going ORD - FCO at Christmas but my routing is ORD-PHL-LHR-FCO. It did originally include CMH between ORD and PHL, but Expert Flyer found my ORD-PHL flights and i cut that leg out. I currently have alerts for PHL-FCO trying to cut out LHR. but had to do each leg separately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.