ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:49 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
What source does EF use to pull Aer Lingus award availability? Apparently United has been known to have phantom availability and I was wondering if it was the same as EF///

thanks
FDW
It is coming direct from the airline reservation systems.

-EFV
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
It is coming direct from the airline reservation systems.

-EFV
It does not to other sources I would double check. It is clearly another cabin then booking via travel agents. Possibly an incorrect letter in a query.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:48 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Keter
It does not to other sources I would double check. It is clearly another cabin then booking via travel agents. Possibly an incorrect letter in a query.
Nothing to double check. The Aer Lingus award inventory on ExpertFlyer comes from the airline reservation systems, which mirrors other accurate sources as per this thread: Most Accurate for Award availability
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Nothing to double check. The Aer Lingus award inventory on ExpertFlyer comes from the airline reservation systems, which mirrors other accurate sources as per this thread: Most Accurate for Award availability
My question was about Vietnam airlines' seatmap for premium economy. Its not for the first time to persude the EF team, so I know I need some persistence.

If you say the business class seatmap comes for a premium economy cabin directly from the airline in the source you use, please name the source and i will book business class there at the price or premium economy

Expedia shows 2-3-2 seatmap for premium economy on VN and that's what it shall be.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:31 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Keter
My question was about Vietnam airlines' seatmap for premium economy. Its not for the first time to persude the EF team, so I know I need some persistence.

If you say the business class seatmap comes for a premium economy cabin directly from the airline in the source you use, please name the source and i will book business class there at the price or premium economy

Expedia shows 2-3-2 seatmap for premium economy on VN and that's what it shall be.
FlyingDoctorwu was asking about Aer Lingus and that's what we are referring to. If you need help with a VN flight please email us the details directly.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:02 am
kkl

Trying to create inventory alert for PER-BKK in December Y and F.

I cant seem to pull up the flights under "award and upgrades" for most dates even though there are flights everyday.

But if search under flight availability, the flights shows up?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:52 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kkl
Trying to create inventory alert for PER-BKK in December Y and F.

I cant seem to pull up the flights under "award and upgrades" for most dates even though there are flights everyday.

But if search under flight availability, the flights shows up?
Not sure what airline you are referring to, but as likely noted at the top of the results page, many airlines don't return flights that don't have any award inventory in any cabin.

You can still create a Flight Alert for the flight from the results page of the Flight Availability search or via the Create New Flight Alert page. Also you can add a general class, like Y, as an Other Class in the Award search to make the flight show.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:07 pm

I know Expert Flyer can alert you when certain Award travel becomes available. But for flights that are ALREADY available, can it tell you when it first became available?

For example, on Jan 10, 2018, I see J saaver availability for 2, LAX-PHL-FCO, all on AA metal. Flights 698 and 718.

Very interested if these have been available for a long time, or just recently released as sAAver. Can I find such info with an Expert Flyer subscription?? Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:27 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by cheaptom
I know Expert Flyer can alert you when certain Award travel becomes available. But for flights that are ALREADY available, can it tell you when it first became available?

For example, on Jan 10, 2018, I see J saaver availability for 2, LAX-PHL-FCO, all on AA metal. Flights 698 and 718.

Very interested if these have been available for a long time, or just recently released as sAAver. Can I find such info with an Expert Flyer subscription?? Thanks
No I'm sorry we don't store historical availability information.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm fairly good up to the intermediate level on ExpertFlyer but using the information, such as a fare basis, to construct a fare elsewhere baffles me.

Can anybody recommend any blog posts or other tools that will guide me through the process?

This post was a good start but I haven't been able to replicate the fare the author found, nor other fares EF returned. Presumably I'm missing a step or two but without some detailed guidance I'm at a loss.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Under Travel Information Search // Connecting Cities I searched for a city connection (GSP to YLW) and single connection points says LAS and PHX but I can't find any flights from either into YLW. Very odd.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:26 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by danger
I'm fairly good up to the intermediate level on ExpertFlyer but using the information, such as a fare basis, to construct a fare elsewhere baffles me.

Can anybody recommend any blog posts or other tools that will guide me through the process?

This post was a good start but I haven't been able to replicate the fare the author found, nor other fares EF returned. Presumably I'm missing a step or two but without some detailed guidance I'm at a loss.
Did you look at our User and EduGuide from the Help/FAQ page: https://www.expertflyer.com/expertflyer-support

Also keep in mind that the fares are shown without taxes and fees and don't represent fares on specific flights, just published tariffs that require valid flights with class code availability to go with it.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:27 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by chx1975
Under Travel Information Search // Connecting Cities I searched for a city connection (GSP to YLW) and single connection points says LAS and PHX but I can't find any flights from either into YLW. Very odd.
Those are the allowed connection points, but it doesn't mean there is any operating service at this time that follows all possible connection routes.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Did you look at our User and EduGuide from the Help/FAQ page: https://www.expertflyer.com/expertflyer-support
Yes, I did.

Also keep in mind that the fares are shown without taxes and fees and don't represent fares on specific flights, just published tariffs that require valid flights with class code availability to go with it.
Interesting. In the guide at the bottom of page four it says "The fares shown include taxes . . ."
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:44 am

The mobile site had a handy feature whereby if the user executed a query from a saved search that included +/- 1-3 days, a shortcut appeared on the bottom of the search results screen that allowed the user to query the search on the additional 1-3 days. That seems to be gone (or I am missing it). Has EF removed that functionality? It was a big time saver for me.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.