Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
2) Can you please add a cleanup option? It's annoying to delete expired queries and alerts, it must be done one by one. Even tick boxes would be helpful to bulk delete if not a cleanup all expired option.
The function already exists for expired queries. In the top right hand corner of the queries screen, there's a button for "Delete All Past Dated Saved Queries". It does exactly what it says.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:29 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

My latest simple feature requests:

1) I'd always like to enable the "exclude codeshares" checkbox in every screen. That's always one hassle as I use this 90% of the time for upgrades. How can I set this as an option? Logically i'd assume for most users, codeshares are less of an issue so you could make a case for the box to just say "include codeshares" and have the opposite effect...

2) Can you please add a cleanup option? It's annoying to delete expired queries and alerts, it must be done one by one. Even tick boxes would be helpful to bulk delete if not a cleanup all expired option.

3) PLEASE turn the CAPTCHA down a little. The mobile site is fast (yay!) but my fingers seem to be too fast for your captcha, as 50% of the time I can trigger it by going into saved queries and clicking upgrades too fast.
Hi Bobby, for 1) I'm assuming your referring to Awards & Upgrades? We can take a look at that.

2):
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The function already exists for expired queries. In the top right hand corner of the queries screen, there's a button for "Delete All Past Dated Saved Queries". It does exactly what it says.
3): If the CAPTCHA is being triggered by velocity then solving it should result in not seeing it again for at least 15 minutes, if not the rest of your session. If you keep seeing it then something else is triggering it. To help further you need to email us directly with the details.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Hi Bobby, for 1) I'm assuming your referring to Awards & Upgrades? We can take a look at that.

2):

3): If the CAPTCHA is being triggered by velocity then solving it should result in not seeing it again for at least 15 minutes, if not the rest of your session. If you keep seeing it then something else is triggering it. To help further you need to email us directly with the details.
For codeshares it's on all screens. I never need info on codeshares. If people are checking awards codeshares irrelevant anyways and on normal availability checks the codeshares is almost always a subset of the prime flight so I struggle to see why it is default included versus a tick box to show codeshares.
For the captcha I have emailed and you weren't helpful. It comes up every time on mobile as I clearly click too fast. I love that your mobile site is fast but hell this is annoying especially since captcha on mobile sucks as requires a pinch to zoom and keyboards try to autocorrect them.

And for the delete old stuff there's no option on mobile for that anywhere.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:52 pm

My latest simple feature requests:

1) I'd always like to enable the "exclude codeshares" checkbox in every screen. That's always one hassle as I use this 90% of the time for upgrades. How can I set this as an option? Logically i'd assume for most users, codeshares are less of an issue so you could make a case for the box to just say "include codeshares" and have the opposite effect...

3) PLEASE turn the CAPTCHA down a little. The mobile site is fast (yay!) but my fingers seem to be too fast for your captcha, as 50% of the time I can trigger it by going into saved queries and clicking upgrades too fast.
I agree on 1 and 3. On 3, I get the CAPTCHA a TON on mobile, but not on full site.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Ross0
I agree on 1 and 3. On 3, I get the CAPTCHA a TON on mobile, but not on full site.
Please email us a screen shot of the captcha so we can look up your IP address.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:14 pm

Please email us a screen shot of the captcha so we can look up your IP address.
Thanks. Just sent the screenshot.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:19 am

What has happened to the Detailed Fare Rules and Routings? - These columns are blank on all my searches.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:41 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
What has happened to the Detailed Fare Rules and Routings? - These columns are blank on all my searches.
Nothing happened, what do you mean "blank"? Try restarting your browser and clearing your cache. If you need further help please email us directly.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing happened, what do you mean "blank"?
I see this quite frequently on BA fares, typically (in my personal experience) on those which are Dual Inventory Fares and which are therefore sometimes private to some extent. (BA has not been consistent with this while it's been experimenting with these fares, or its approach has evolved over time.)

For example, if you do a fare search now for LON-JFK-LON on BA on 15 July out and 15 July back, selecting "Show Fares for All Travel Dates", the lowest fare is listed as TQX4S4T1F/DIF4 at GBP 390.00. If you click the icon for fare rules, you get a page that simply says "no entries". There is some routing information for this fare, but it's in a format that's not typical of standard BA fares.

If ITA will price using these fares, then it will return full fare rules. So I'm not quite sure what the glitch is, although (as I say) I suspect that it may be something to do with the fact that they may be private to some extent (judging by the "THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED ACCOUNT CODE. CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS" rule, obtained from ITA).
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:24 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I see this quite frequently on BA fares, typically (in my personal experience) on those which are Dual Inventory Fares and which are therefore sometimes private to some extent. (BA has not been consistent with this while it's been experimenting with these fares, or its approach has evolved over time.)

For example, if you do a fare search now for LON-JFK-LON on BA on 15 July out and 15 July back, selecting "Show Fares for All Travel Dates", the lowest fare is listed as TQX4S4T1F/DIF4 at GBP 390.00. If you click the icon for fare rules, you get a page that simply says "no entries". There is some routing information for this fare, but it's in a format that's not typical of standard BA fares.

If ITA will price using these fares, then it will return full fare rules. So I'm not quite sure what the glitch is, although (as I say) I suspect that it may be something to do with the fact that they may be private to some extent (judging by the "THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED ACCOUNT CODE. CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS" rule, obtained from ITA).
That's not what 3544quebec was referring to.

Also we fixed that issue by changing where we get the BA fare data from, just make sure the BA is the only airline specified in the Fare Information search.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also we fixed that issue by changing where we get the BA fare data from, just make sure the BA is the only airline specified in the Fare Information search.
Thanks for the explanation - but I got the result I mentioned at the time that I was posting yesterday, using exactly the data that I set out.

And I have just got the same result now on a similar BA-only search (HKG).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:12 am

Nothing happened, what do you mean "blank"? Try restarting your browser and clearing your cache. If you need further help please email us directly.
The antepenultimate and penultimate columns on the Fare Information Results page were blank - they were missing the "page" icon and the "routing" icon.

Unfortunately, the Advance Purchase Required column was fine so I didn't get a chance to use the word preantepenultimate which disappoints me greatly

But all is back to normal now so probably just a foiled Putin attack on ExpertFlyer.

Thanks for responding
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
The seatmap for VN premium economy in EF returns business class seatmap. Could you please fix this bug? Shall be an easy one.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:11 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Keter
The seatmap for VN premium economy in EF returns business class seatmap. Could you please fix this bug? Shall be an easy one.
That depends, please email us the flight information.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

What source does EF use to pull Aer Lingus award availability? Apparently United has been known to have phantom availability and I was wondering if it was the same as EF///

thanks
FDW

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.