ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:20 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Is there any news about when this issue (previously reported to you by email) might be fixed, please?

A check done just now shows that LHR-JNB continues to return false negatives.
The problem has now been resolved. If any other issues are found please email us directly.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
The problem has now been resolved.
Thank you very much for getting it fixed, and for letting us know.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:36 pm

I am a new EF user. I set up alerts for LH F/J award seats. I received an alert today on availability for the F seat. The flight is 3 months away so I was surprised since seats are not released until 2 weeks out for partners. I tried to book on UA and as expected the seat was not available. Was this an alert for the LH program only?

Can EF distinguish between LH F/J seats available for LH FFs and partners?

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:37 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mileshound
I am a new EF user. I set up alerts for LH F/J award seats. I received an alert today on availability for the F seat. The flight is 3 months away so I was surprised since seats are not released until 2 weeks out for partners. I tried to book on UA and as expected the seat was not available. Was this an alert for the LH program only?

Can EF distinguish between LH F/J seats available for LH FFs and partners?

Thanks
As per our FAQ, physical seat availability has no relation to award ticket inventory. You need to create a Flight Alert (part of our Premium service) which will alert you on the Award inventory for a flight, and not a Seat Alert. If you need further help with this please email us directly at customercare@

The LH award inventory that ExpertFlyer has is partner level, not M&M level.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Two suggestions:

1) Is there a chance to add LH/LX/OS award space available to M&M members (in addition to award space available to *A partners)? IIRC EF used to display the former, but not the latter, so I assume this would be technically feasible?

2) Similar to #1, is there a chance to add SQ award space available to SQ KrisFlyer members (in addition to SQ award space released to *A partners)?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Two suggestions:

1) Is there a chance to add LH/LX/OS award space available to M&M members (in addition to award space available to *A partners)? IIRC EF used to display the former, but not the latter, so I assume this would be technically feasible?

2) Similar to #1, is there a chance to add SQ award space available to SQ KrisFlyer members (in addition to SQ award space released to *A partners)?
Thank you for the suggestions, however at this time neither are technically feasible.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:30 am

As per our FAQ, physical seat availability has no relation to award ticket inventory. You need to create a Flight Alert (part of our Premium service) which will alert you on the Award inventory for a flight, and not a Seat Alert. If you need further help with this please email us directly at customercare@

The LH award inventory that ExpertFlyer has is partner level, not M&M level.
Sorry, bad terminology on my part. I am a premium member and did set up a flight award alert. Below is from the EF email I received. Very surprised at the F award 10 weeks out. It was not available on UA. I got the notification at 5am and checked at 7am. It may be timing, but still shocked it was available and that that led to the partner vs. LH question

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
For: LH420/First - Award/Upgrade (O)
Date: 06/08/17 6:10 PM
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:12 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mileshound
Sorry, bad terminology on my part. I am a premium member and did set up a flight award alert. Below is from the EF email I received. Very surprised at the F award 10 weeks out. It was not available on UA. I got the notification at 5am and checked at 7am. It may be timing, but still shocked it was available and that that led to the partner vs. LH question

For: LH420/First - Award/Upgrade (O)
Date: 06/08/17 6:10 PM
It must have been a temporary fluke in the inventory because there is no O availability for that flight at this time:

Results from http://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing FRA on 06/08/17 12:00 AM for BOS
Flying LH   on booking class O        
Direct/Non-Stop Only

Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
LH 422        0      FRA                BOS                74H       Unavailable     First - Award/Upgrade                  O     N
                     06/08/17 1:05 PM   06/08/17 3:05 PM             80% / 30m       

0 Connections
LH 420        0      FRA                BOS                333       Unavailable     First - Award/Upgrade                  O     N
                     06/08/17 6:10 PM   06/08/17 8:30 PM             NA / NA
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
EF shows incorrect times for all six flights of my next itin

Missing FlightTrack, I just entered EF schedule change alerts for an upcoming itinerary. All six flights (all AA or BA) show up with incorrect times in the EF alerts. Some are off by an hour+, some by several hours. They are off in both directions (some earlier, some later).

These flights have been booked and showing the same times for three months so it is not that the flight times have changed. The same flights show with correct times in flight searches on EF.

I wrote to EF customer care to notify them. Their reply indicated that they do not store information, only display the airlines' information. However, both airlines' websites give exactly the times on my itinerary.

Is this a known problem with EF? Should I forget them for schedule change alerts?
Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:13 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by dia1
Missing FlightTrack, I just entered EF schedule change alerts for an upcoming itinerary. All six flights (all AA or BA) show up with incorrect times in the EF alerts. Some are off by an hour+, some by several hours. They are off in both directions (some earlier, some later).

These flights have been booked and showing the same times for three months so it is not that the flight times have changed. The same flights show with correct times in flight searches on EF.

I wrote to EF customer care to notify them. Their reply indicated that they do not store information, only display the airlines' information. However, both airlines' websites give exactly the times on my itinerary.

Is this a known problem with EF? Should I forget them for schedule change alerts?
Thanks.
As we emailed to you, we are storing the time correctly, but we are just not displaying it correctly. We will push a fix tomorrow for this, however the alert will work correctly.

Also regarding "Their reply indicated that they do not store information, only display the airlines' information." In your first email to us you didn't reference at all that you were referring to an alert. In your second email to us you elaborated that you were referring to an alert, not search results, so then we knew what you were talking about.

FYI, You are actually referencing a new feature we just released yesterday but haven't officially announced yet. We weren't going to do so until we released a patch tomorrow to fix a few issues (this being one of them).
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
As we emailed to you, we are storing the time correctly, but we are just not displaying it correctly. We will push a fix tomorrow for this, however the alert will work correctly.

Also regarding "Their reply indicated that they do not store information, only display the airlines' information." In your first email to us you didn't reference at all that you were referring to an alert. In your second email to us you elaborated that you were referring to an alert, not search results, so then we knew what you were talking about.

FYI, You are actually referencing a new feature we just released yesterday but haven't officially announced yet. We weren't going to do so until we released a patch tomorrow to fix a few issues (this being one of them).

I apologize for not being more thorough in my email--I had assumed that my communicating from within my EF account would provide the context but do understand that would be difficult. I was unaware this is a new feature as I had not needed it until now. Sounds like I stumbled onto it in it's infancy. We will be grateful when you get it to behave as it should. What a good addition!! Thank you.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:35 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dia1
I apologize for not being more thorough in my email--I had assumed that my communicating from within my EF account would provide the context but do understand that would be difficult. I was unaware this is a new feature as I had not needed it until now. Sounds like I stumbled onto it in it's infancy. We will be grateful when you get it to behave as it should. What a good addition!! Thank you.
Emailing from your account does help, but with the many different places we show schedule data, more information was required in this case.

We fixed the issues with the alert earlier this week, please let us know if you have any other questions.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I haven't been able to log in all day. I use Facebook login, and when I click the button, this pops up. Clicking OK refreshes the page.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I haven't been able to log in all day. I use Facebook login, and when I click the button, this pops up. Clicking OK refreshes the page.
I am having the same issue. I have tried Mac and Windows, Chrome and Safari. Seems to be a site issue. Any word on when this will be resolved?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:46 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Facebook pushed an update after hours today that broke login buttons across many sites. If they don't fix it by tomorrow morning, we will implement our own work around.

In the mean time you can email [email protected] and have us remove FB from your account so you can login with your email and password you set.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.