Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
As in one of the other award classes, not Business, has availability so the flight was returned to us. However there are no Business awards on that flight.
I searched all four award classes (alone and simultaneously) and all return a NO, it was my understanding the flight wouldn't even be displayed if there wasn't award availability in at least one of the classes. As expected the flight is C9/Y9.

The specific flight is QF76 YVR-SYD on 12/9/17.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:25 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I searched all four award classes (alone and simultaneously) and all return a NO, it was my understanding the flight wouldn't even be displayed if there wasn't award availability in at least one of the classes. As expected the flight is C9/Y9.

The specific flight is QF76 YVR-SYD on 12/9/17.
Our mistake, for QF award searches we found a way to show all non-stop flights even there is no award inventory available. However that shouldn't matter, if no inventory is available, the result will be "No".
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
ExpertFlyer Web Site and Mobile Web Site Down?

Haven't been able to access for the last 10 minutes...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Haven't been able to access for the last 10 minutes...
Works for me.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.expertflyer.com
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
Yep, came back online again..
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I've seen a couple of instances where FlyerTalk members have posted MCT (minimum connection times) in a tabular format for certain airports, but after reading the ExpertFlyer FAQ, EduGuide and the User's Guide, and searching this thread, I haven't been able to find instructions on how to find the MCT information. (Premium Service member)

Thank you for hints of instructions on finding airport MCT.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JDiver
I've seen a couple of instances where FlyerTalk members have posted MCT (minimum connection times) in a tabular format for certain airports, but after reading the ExpertFlyer FAQ, EduGuide and the User's Guide, and searching this thread, I haven't been able to find instructions on how to find the MCT information. (Premium Service member)

Thank you for hints of instructions on finding airport MCT.
It's under the Travel Information button, 2nd tab is labeled "Min Connect Times"

http://www.expertflyer.com/air/travelInformation.do

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 21.28.20.png
Views: 547
Size:  39.6 KB
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: qf
Flight Alert for January 2018

I'm trying to create an alert for QF61 BNE-NRT in January 2018.

Flights in the class I'm interested in are currently available for sale on the QF website through mid January 2018, but my attempts to create flight alerts in EF are all coming back with "The flight details provided do not match any scheduled flight."

Curiously, I can create alerts for dates up to and including December 31, 2017. Any attempt to create an alert on January 1, 2018 or later gets the error message.

Changing the POS to Australia makes no difference.

I think I understand the distinction between a generic "scheduled" flight and one that the airline definitely has loaded inventory for. In this case, the flights are definitely available for sale right now.

The net effect of this is that, while I can periodically check the airline website for the details I'm interested in, I can't use EF to automate this check with an alert. Sort of defeats the purpose of using EF :-).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:39 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jgaines
I'm trying to create an alert for QF61 BNE-NRT in January 2018.

Flights in the class I'm interested in are currently available for sale on the QF website through mid January 2018, but my attempts to create flight alerts in EF are all coming back with "The flight details provided do not match any scheduled flight."

Curiously, I can create alerts for dates up to and including December 31, 2017. Any attempt to create an alert on January 1, 2018 or later gets the error message.

Changing the POS to Australia makes no difference.

I think I understand the distinction between a generic "scheduled" flight and one that the airline definitely has loaded inventory for. In this case, the flights are definitely available for sale right now.

The net effect of this is that, while I can periodically check the airline website for the details I'm interested in, I can't use EF to automate this check with an alert. Sort of defeats the purpose of using EF :-).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
There is a bug in the reservation system that returns flight details for this month next year with 2017 instead of 2018 as the year which breaks our verification. They are working to fix it, but in the meantime simply create the alert from the Flight Availability or Award & Upgrade results pages.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I keep getting results of completely empty seat maps (all seats available) on flights where J0 or F0 or J1, for example. This is for AA flights. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I keep getting results of completely empty seat maps (all seats available) on flights where J0 or F0 or J1, for example. This is for AA flights. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, I've been seeing completely empty seats (in the premium cabins only) since late last night for AA flights.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:39 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
There is currently an issue with AA premium cabin seat maps and our reservation system provider. We just talked to them and our contacts at AA and both are working on the issue.

As this affects most travel agents in North America, they are just as eager to have it fixed as we are. When they fix the issue, the proper premium cabin seat maps will be reflected on ExpertFlyer. Thanks for your understanding.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Ditto on problem with AA premium seating.

Well, at least I thought to look on FT. EF's email support, while normally quite speedy, sure fell short of the mark on this one. Two reports, about 6 hours since the first, and nothing from them.

EDIT: lol - yeah sure - two minutes after I post this, their email (same as above) comes in...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: qf
There is a bug in the reservation system that returns flight details for this month next year with 2017 instead of 2018 as the year which breaks our verification. They are working to fix it, but in the meantime simply create the alert from the Flight Availability or Award & Upgrade results pages.
That worked, thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, Emerald Executive, SPG Gold
Unhappy Incorrect award availability

It appears that ExpertFlyer is returning incorrect award availability, at least on ANA. Here is an example.

Searching for non-stop biz awards on ANA from HND-SIN on 11/02/17 - ExpertFlyer returns availability on NH841. However, this flight can't be found on either united.com or aeroplan.com (both images are sorted by number of stops, so you'd expect any nonstops to show up first).

I have found several examples of this happening for a number of ANA flights, and significantly reduces the usefulness of ExpertFlyer - award search is no longer reliable, and you can't set an alert for these flights since the alerts trigger immediately on the false inventory.

Is this a known issue, or has anyone else run into this?
Attached Images    

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.