ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:56 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Flying MUC-PHL-LAX on flight AA717 in economy.

EF shows C availability MUC-PHL and A availability PHL to LAX so I thought I was good.

But AA EXP agent says I cannot use a SWU to upgrade unless there is C availability MUC-LAX. I can't even figure out how to set alerts for that. What am I missing?
The agent is saying that because the PHL-LAX segment is being sold as 3-cabin (but double check with a Flight Availability search). Just create an alert for C inventory for the PHL-LAX flight segment.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
The agent is saying that because the PHL-LAX segment is being sold as 3-cabin (but double check with a Flight Availability search). Just create an alert for C inventory for the PHL-LAX flight segment.
Flight availability for 717 on that date shows F7 A7 P6 Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 W7 V7 G7 S7 N7 Q7 O7

It's clearly a 2 class plane. So you are saying that rows 1-4 are sold as both business and first? And I need to see C availability? And that could happen? It's A7 now, so it seems like if they were to release C they'd do it now.

Thank you, I love EF and am a happy subscriber. I thought I knew all the tricks, but this is stumping me.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:41 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Flight availability for 717 on that date shows F7 A7 P6 Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 W7 V7 G7 S7 N7 Q7 O7

It's clearly a 2 class plane. So you are saying that rows 1-4 are sold as both business and first? And I need to see C availability? And that could happen? It's A7 now, so it seems like if they were to release C they'd do it now.

Thank you, I love EF and am a happy subscriber. I thought I knew all the tricks, but this is stumping me.
In that case the agent is wrong and you should just call back and try again. Since you didn't mention the date you were flying, we looked at a random date in the future and saw as a 3-class config, but that's why we said to check the FA results first.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's April 7.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I scored an Air Tahiti Nui seat with AA miles thanks to Expertflyer. It's so obscure not only the AA website doesn't have it, the first rep I talked at AA couldn't book it, she needed to transfer me. But I knew there was 1 seat available on CDG-LAX because EF showed me so I explained politely the second time again and bagged that seat! Thanks EF for saving me from an East Coast transfer.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
A question regarding the operation of the "aircraft change alerts:" I set one up for a flight from FRA-SFO, which is normally on a 747. Is this alert supposed to inform me if the aircraft is changed to a different type, say a 777? When I manually run the alert, it says "The aircraft has changed..." However, when I check the airline website, it remains a 747. What is happening here?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
A question regarding the operation of the "aircraft change alerts:" I set one up for a flight from FRA-SFO, which is normally on a 747. Is this alert supposed to inform me if the aircraft is changed to a different type, say a 777? When I manually run the alert, it says "The aircraft has changed..." However, when I check the airline website, it remains a 747. What is happening here?
I have the same problem with all my "aircraft chang alerts"
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:22 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 747FC

Originally Posted by ehud
I have the same problem with all my "aircraft chang alerts"
The equipment change alerts go by the aircraft code and configuration of the seat map. You should be comparing it to the Seat Map search on ExpertFlyer, not the schedule listed on the airline website (which may not change). Look at the ExpertFlyer Seat Map and you'll see the equipment code. If the equipment changes, the seat map will reflect it before the schedule does (if at all).

So, if the Quick Check finds that the aircraft has changed, you should get a notification when the alert is next due to run. If you still need help, then email customercare@ with your account/alert info so we can look it up.

EDIT: What you are seeing is a bug. We recently added a feature that looks at the layout of the seat map, not just the equipment code. However for older alerts that don't have a "before" layout stored, the Quick Check is saying that the equipment changed when it didn't. The alert check itself is working properly but we missed this issue in the Quick Check.

We'll fix it next week, but in the mean time the quick fix is to delete and recreate the alert. This way the seat map layout will be stored and the Quick Check will be accurate (as well has having 2 methods to detect change vs 1).

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Feb 27, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Hi everyone, we have 2 announcements to make:

First, Aircraft Change Alerts have been enhanced to now take into account if the actual seat layout of the cabin has changed. This check is addition to the existing check for a changed equipment code (both based on the seat map response).

For existing Aircraft Change Alerts, the system will only look at the equipment code as there is no stored "before" data for the seat layout. As such we recommend that existing Aircraft Change Alerts be deleted and recreated if you want them to monitor both the seating layout and the equipment code for changes.

Second, we have added Seat Maps for DL, covering all cabins. This also means that Seat Alerts and Aircraft Change Alerts are now available for DL again. If you encounter any issues, please email us the flight details to [email protected]

Enjoy,
-EFV
It keeps sending false alarms for aircraft changes. To all my alerts.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:15 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ehud
It keeps sending false alarms for aircraft changes. To all my alerts.
As requested please email any issues to [email protected] so we know who you are and look up the alerts in your account.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
I searched for about 15 minutes but could not find a post that addressed this matter. Please excuse me, if it has been spoken to.

I have been an expertflyer subscriber for about five years and always I have been able to see the AA seat map for any flight right up until departure. I have found this feature very helpful in improving my seats as upgrades are processed. Alas, however, AA seat maps no longer seem available once the flight goes to airport control. Is this a permanent change?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:50 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by diaspora04
I searched for about 15 minutes but could not find a post that addressed this matter. Please excuse me, if it has been spoken to.

I have been an expertflyer subscriber for about five years and always I have been able to see the AA seat map for any flight right up until departure. I have found this feature very helpful in improving my seats as upgrades are processed. Alas, however, AA seat maps no longer seem available once the flight goes to airport control. Is this a permanent change?
No, the reservation system has a bug that they have identified and will fix sometime in the next 6 weeks or so.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
I see multiple flights where C inventory is available, however when I called the agent they state they cannot immediately confirm an SWU upgrade. What is going on? The departure is C3 and the return is C2. I clearly see it in EF, and it has been that way for hours. The agent tells me she cannot upgrade me immediately. Who is wrong?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lagunas2k
I see multiple flights where C inventory is available, however when I called the agent they state they cannot immediately confirm an SWU upgrade. What is going on? The departure is C3 and the return is C2. I clearly see it in EF, and it has been that way for hours. The agent tells me she cannot upgrade me immediately. Who is wrong?
Are you searching one segment at a time and is it a flight number with more than one segment? Those are pain points with AA.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
It is a multi segment flight, this is the itinerary SFO>ORD(layover)>CDG and the Return is LHR>LAX(Layover)>SFO

Both domestic segments are all F7/A7. Any idea how I go about addressing this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.