ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Can Expertflyer be used to look up historical fare basis rules for an existing multiple carrier ticket? I'm trying to check the expiration date of a fare - wanting to change the dates of travel after initiating the first leg (to maintain historical fares) and concerned that fare would only be valid from 1 year from booking date.

Ticket stock carrier says can be rebooked with no date restrictions (at least agent who I spoke to said this) but I want this confirmed, I will HUCA but wondering if I can get historical fare basis rules (as not attached to receipt of ticket as a change was made in first 24hrs).

TIA if anyone can help me with this!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Can Expertflyer be used to look up historical fare basis rules for an existing multiple carrier ticket? I'm trying to check the expiration date of a fare - wanting to change the dates of travel after initiating the first leg (to maintain historical fares) and concerned that fare would only be valid from 1 year from booking date.

Ticket stock carrier says can be rebooked with no date restrictions (at least agent who I spoke to said this) but I want this confirmed, I will HUCA but wondering if I can get historical fare basis rules (as not attached to receipt of ticket as a change was made in first 24hrs).

TIA if anyone can help me with this!
Yes

On the fare rules page, change the ticketing date to the date on which the fare was ticketed.

Some information (booking codes, routing rules) is not always available if the fare is since deleted.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes

On the fare rules page, change the ticketing date to the date on which the fare was ticketed.

Some information (booking codes, routing rules) is not always available if the fare is since deleted.
Ah thanks for that. I tried that, but had the fare basis code included in the search and no results were found. But tried again and left that field blank and now I see a bunch of fares with the fare basis code I have within the list. Strange that including the fare basis code makes the search too restrictive, but good to know and thanks for the feedback
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why isn't there a "Share Results" feature on the Flight Reliability Ratings tab of the Travel Information page?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Why does Expert Flyer not show Air Canada seats when they are released? They used to.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:13 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by erasmus99
Why does Expert Flyer not show Air Canada seats when they are released? They used to.
ExpertFlyer does show AC seat maps and awards. If you have a question about specific searches or flights you can email us at [email protected].
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
For quite some time, EF has been unable to look up AA fares to Tokyo (ORD-NRT, LAX-NRT). What could be going on?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aktchi
For quite some time, EF has been unable to look up AA fares to Tokyo (ORD-NRT, LAX-NRT). What could be going on?
I can see AA ORDNRT fares purchasing at CHI
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by Calchas
I can see AA ORDNRT fares purchasing at CHI
Thanks. I have been able to narrow the problem I am experiencing: For some reason EF doesn't like the option "Show Fares for All Travel Dates" for NRT (it works fine for all other destinations I tried).

ETA. The situation seems to be improving. Thanks EF! I should have posted here earlier.

Last edited by aktchi; Apr 8, 2015 at 2:21 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: HA KE OZ UA AA DL
Expertflyer shocked me: promoting sale of miles!

I really am not that fond of Expertflyer as I think their service is overpriced and attitude is arrogant, but sometimes I have need to use them.

Imagine my surprise when the BANNER AD presented to me is for a broker that wants to BUY MY SKY MILES!!!!
I just couldn't believe it.
Expertflyer is truly getting very very greedy to charge big buck$ for subscription AND show ads that will get people in trouble!

clicking on the ad takes one to the 'Sell-Delta-Miles-Page-Call 702-5xx-xxxx' page at flyer-miles.com
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:04 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by aktchi
Thanks. I have been able to narrow the problem I am experiencing: For some reason EF doesn't like the option "Show Fares for All Travel Dates" for NRT (it works fine for all other destinations I tried).

ETA. The situation seems to be improving. Thanks EF! I should have posted here earlier.
There is an issue with our GDS returning an error for a Show All Fares search for certain international city pairs, but it seems to be random. However we already alerted them and they assured us that they are fixing it soon, if not already. Thanks for your patience.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:06 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kimChee
I really am not that fond of Expertflyer as I think their service is overpriced and attitude is arrogant, but sometimes I have need to use them.

Imagine my surprise when the BANNER AD presented to me is for a broker that wants to BUY MY SKY MILES!!!!
I just couldn't believe it.
Expertflyer is truly getting very very greedy to charge big buck$ for subscription AND show ads that will get people in trouble!

clicking on the ad takes one to the 'Sell-Delta-Miles-Page-Call 702-5xx-xxxx' page at flyer-miles.com
You've made some assumptions that are not correct. The ads displayed on ExpertFlyer are not directly chosen by us. We work with an advertising company that sells ad space on many travel related websites to advertisers as a group. If we find an ad that they run objectionable, we can ask them to remove it.

As for your assertions that we are "greedy" or "overpriced", I'll remind you that we have not raised our subscription prices once in the 10 years we've been in business. That despite ever increasing costs to acquire the data that we offer and the addition of different types of data and services to ExpertFlyer over the years.

Thank you for your continued support.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:43 am

I just started a trial for EF, and I have a few questions:
1. Searching for Award flights. A result will show 3 legs of a flight. In the "available classes" if it shows nothing (blank) for a leg, does that mean that award availability is never given out on that flight? I am just looking for Business or First, and some legs show classes and seats available, so I assume if no class is shown, no awards are possible on that flight (ever?)

2. I am assuming there is no way to check CX or BA award availability? or is there a trick I can use to see it?

Thank you!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
2. I am assuming there is no way to check CX or BA award availability? or is there a trick I can use to see it?
Definitely not for mainline BA.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
ExpertFlyer does show AC seat maps and awards. If you have a question about specific searches or flights you can email us at [email protected].
This is not true for when Air Canada seats are released at the end of the schedule (past 330 days). For example, there is economy and business class seats available on April 2, 2016 on aeroplan.com, but Expertflyer says "No availability can be found for the date and class(es) specified."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.