Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 21, 19, 12:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 26, 12, 7:50 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 222
ExpertFlyer question re R fares

Is the only way to get an automated update/email from ET on R class availability to sign up for $10/month service. I probably need that feature one to two times/year so it's a bit price for me and I can't find the 99 cent one-time usage option either (like you can do with the seats)

Any advice from folks?

Thanks
eagle007 is offline  
Old Aug 26, 12, 8:58 pm
  #77  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by eagle007 View Post
Is the only way to get an automated update/email from EF on R class availability to sign up for $10/month service. I probably need that feature one to two times/year so it's a bit price for me and I can't find the 99 cent one-time usage option either (like you can do with the seats)

Any advice from folks?

Thanks
Hi eagle007. The monthly service is monthly with no long term commitment. So just activate the subscription when you need it, and once the Flight Alert is finished, cancel the renewal until you need it again.

The $.99 one-time usage option for non-subscribers is only for Seat Alerts, not Flight Alerts.
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Aug 26, 12, 11:05 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SIN
Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Posts: 678
I have no idea what your travel habits are, and I have no vested interest in it (other than being a subscriber), but my guess is you'll be surprised how much you use ET. It's by far the best $100 I've spent as far as ROI...

R availability is one thing (which hopefully united will sort out on its own, so UGs will clear correctly and you won't have to watch), but If you ever use miles for flights, the saver award alerts are terrific for finding seats which open up, saving some serious miles. Even helps if you've already booked standard awards, as you can change once you've booked.
Singapore_Schwing is offline  
Old Aug 31, 12, 5:55 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hampshire
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 67
With regards to the fare buckets in the availability page, can I ask what the difference between 'C' and '0' is?
Charlie Kilo is offline  
Old Aug 31, 12, 6:28 pm
  #80  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by Charlie Kilo View Post
With regards to the fare buckets in the availability page, can I ask what the difference between 'C' and '0' is?
If you click on the class code you'll see a popup with an explanation of what it means. C means that it has a closed wait-list.
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Sep 19, 12, 11:09 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cairo
Programs: Emirates Skywards Platinum, Qatar Privilege Club Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 273
I have a question if it is possible to set up an alert to tell if a certain fare bucket is available when that flight is booked as a combination with another flight? Maybe I didn't word that correctly, so here is an example...

I want to purchase an I class business fare on Emirates (EK) from CAI-DXB-AKL on the 22nd of Dec. If I search CAI-AKL on ExpertFlyer for departure on 22nd Dec, the 3 flights are shown, and I class is zero for all (EK flies from CAI via DXB and then SYD, MEL, or BNE to AKL). So, that's fine. However, if I make a flight alert for any of these flights (DXB-AKL via SYD, MEL, or BNE) for I class greater than 1, it immediately tells me that the fare has been found. This is because if you search for I class DXB-AKL on the 22nd of Dec, there is a lot of availability on any of the three flights. EK is limiting the I class for bookings originating in Cairo, but not in Dubai, for their flights to Auckland.

So, can I set up an alert that will tell me if I class is available on DXB-AKL when I am flying this leg as a part of an itinerary that originates in Cairo?

Sorry for a complex question. I use ExpertFlyer a lot, but couldn't work this out...

Last edited by UAworldwide; Sep 19, 12 at 11:25 am Reason: typos, added details
UAworldwide is offline  
Old Sep 19, 12, 11:12 am
  #82  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 12,083
Originally Posted by UAworldwide View Post
I have a question if it is possible to set up an alert to tell if a certain fare bucket is available when that flight is booked as a combination with another flight?
Married connections alerts...genius! +1

It'll be an interesting coding problem for the guys at EF, though, but they seem to be good at responding to challenges.
hillrider is offline  
Old Sep 19, 12, 12:03 pm
  #83  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by UAworldwide View Post
I have a question if it is possible to set up an alert to tell if a certain fare bucket is available when that flight is booked as a combination with another flight? Maybe I didn't word that correctly, so here is an example...

I want to purchase an I class business fare on Emirates (EK) from CAI-DXB-AKL on the 22nd of Dec. If I search CAI-AKL on ExpertFlyer for departure on 22nd Dec, the 3 flights are shown, and I class is zero for all (EK flies from CAI via DXB and then SYD, MEL, or BNE to AKL). So, that's fine. However, if I make a flight alert for any of these flights (DXB-AKL via SYD, MEL, or BNE) for I class greater than 1, it immediately tells me that the fare has been found. This is because if you search for I class DXB-AKL on the 22nd of Dec, there is a lot of availability on any of the three flights. EK is limiting the I class for bookings originating in Cairo, but not in Dubai, for their flights to Auckland.

So, can I set up an alert that will tell me if I class is available on DXB-AKL when I am flying this leg as a part of an itinerary that originates in Cairo?

Sorry for a complex question. I use ExpertFlyer a lot, but couldn't work this out...
You are describing married segment logic which Flight Alerts does not support at this time.
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Oct 12, 12, 10:15 am
  #84  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,389
Arrow ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread

Welcome to the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread. This is a central place for user-to-user questions, guidance, and help for using ExpertFlyer tools and services. When appropriate, we will also participate in the discussion.

If you have a question that is related to your account or you do not want to publicly post information about your searches, please email [email protected] with any ExpertFlyer support questions.

General Support Links:

Airlines Supported by ExpertFlyer:
  • Just about all airlines that participate in the global airline reservation systems support Flight Availability, Flight Status, Flight Details and Fare Information
  • For the listing of airlines that we have Award and Upgrade availability data for, click here.
  • For the listing of airlines that we can show Seat Maps for, click here.

To find out more about ExpertFlyer:
To receive more information about ExpertFlyer and the travel industry:
Thank you for your support,
-EFV

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Nov 11, 12 at 5:10 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Oct 13, 12, 7:29 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Northwest, United
Posts: 2,873
Arrow ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread

Hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question...

I'm a new Premium subscriber to EF. I'm trying to book a couple of biz award seats on a challenging route.

I want to set up a Flight Alert for the route in question, so I'm alerted when new award inventory becomes available. I've figured out how to set up an alert, but it appears that EF will only search for new award seats that become available plus-or-minus three days from any specified date. That's not what I want. I want to set up an alert and essentially "leave it running" and receive alerts whenever new inventory becomes available - not just for 3 days beyond a specific date (which does not seem all that useful to me).

Basically I want to feed it my departure and arrival cities, airline, and the "starting" date for the query, and I want it to ping me via email whenever new inventory that meets those criteria become available.

Am I missing how to do this, or is this just not possible? (and if it's not, is there another tool that does)?

Thanks.
nwflyboy is offline  
Old Oct 13, 12, 10:52 pm
  #86  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
Hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question...

I'm a new Premium subscriber to EF. I'm trying to book a couple of biz award seats on a challenging route.

I want to set up a Flight Alert for the route in question, so I'm alerted when new award inventory becomes available. I've figured out how to set up an alert, but it appears that EF will only search for new award seats that become available plus-or-minus three days from any specified date. That's not what I want. I want to set up an alert and essentially "leave it running" and receive alerts whenever new inventory becomes available - not just for 3 days beyond a specific date (which does not seem all that useful to me).

Basically I want to feed it my departure and arrival cities, airline, and the "starting" date for the query, and I want it to ping me via email whenever new inventory that meets those criteria become available.

Am I missing how to do this, or is this just not possible? (and if it's not, is there another tool that does)?

Thanks.
Welcome to ExpertFlyer! I think you may be confusing the Award & Upgrade search and Flight Alerts.

The Award & Upgrade search allows you to search for +/- 3 days. You can then save the search under Saved Queries as a shortcut for the search so you don't have to enter the search parameters again.

Flight Alerts are what check for award or upgrade inventory for you. Each Flight Alert is for a specific day/flight/class and will keep checking the inventory until it either finds the inventory or the flight departs.
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Oct 14, 12, 12:40 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Northwest, United
Posts: 2,873
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
Welcome to ExpertFlyer! I think you may be confusing the Award & Upgrade search and Flight Alerts.
Could be!

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
Flight Alerts are what check for award or upgrade inventory for you. Each Flight Alert is for a specific day/flight/class and will keep checking the inventory until it either finds the inventory or the flight departs.
So, it's not possible to just set a Flight Alert to ping me the next time any award inventory opens up on a specified flight - only when inventory opens up for that flight on a specified day? If, for example, I wanted to be alerted if/when inventory opened up on a specific flight any time in the next two weeks, I would need to set up 14 different alerts for that flight - one for every day in the next 2 weeks?

Thanks.
nwflyboy is offline  
Old Oct 14, 12, 8:51 am
  #88  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
So, it's not possible to just set a Flight Alert to ping me the next time any award inventory opens up on a specified flight - only when inventory opens up for that flight on a specified day? If, for example, I wanted to be alerted if/when inventory opened up on a specific flight any time in the next two weeks, I would need to set up 14 different alerts for that flight - one for every day in the next 2 weeks?

Thanks.
Yes that is correct. Since each day requires a separate GDS search, that is the only way we can offer the alerting functionality.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Oct 14, 12 at 8:56 am
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Oct 26, 12, 4:47 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco
Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Posts: 518
I am trying to get a flight in A class (discount BusinessFirst) on the United 787 SFO-IAH next month. Two days ago this flight was available; I should have put it on hold, but I didn't. Anyway, now united.com shows only fares in F on this flight (at the corresponding higher price). But ExpertFlyer shows "F9 A9 Z1 P1," which to me says there should be tons of discount fares available. Why can't I find them? What is ExpertFlyer searching that the United website can't see?
taliesin is offline  
Old Oct 26, 12, 4:59 pm
  #90  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,389
Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
I am trying to get a flight in A class (discount BusinessFirst) on the United 787 SFO-IAH next month. Two days ago this flight was available; I should have put it on hold, but I didn't. Anyway, now united.com shows only fares in F on this flight (at the corresponding higher price). But ExpertFlyer shows "F9 A9 Z1 P1," which to me says there should be tons of discount fares available. Why can't I find them? What is ExpertFlyer searching that the United website can't see?
Did you use the Fare Information search to see if there are valid fares in those fare classes for your dates of travel and that you meet their advanced purchase requirement? You need both available fare class inventory and a valid published fare to actually book a fare.
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread