ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 2:32 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
3. AA flights connecting with US flights. EF does not show these as it can not see (or at least does not report ) any US award flights.
You can search for the AA operated award segments on ExpertFlyer, regardless of what other flight it may connect to, by entering just the AA operated segment as the city pair.
Old May 4, 2014, 5:13 pm

I don't think I made my point. There are now AA awards that have:

1. AA flights only. EF shows those.

2. US flights only. EF does not show those.

3. AA flights connecting with US flights. EF does not show these as it can not see (or at least does not report ) any US award flights.

Whether #1 is a majority of awards available or flights is sort of a definitional issue. The bottom line so that there are numerous awards to be potentially had with AA miles that EF can't find and I assume can't handle alerts for either.

I'm glad this issue is recognized as important and I hope that, as reported, it will be corrected soon.
Your point was very clear.
Old May 6, 2014, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
You can search for the AA operated flights independently of the US Air operated ones, just search for the AA operated segment only. Since there are more AA operated flights then US operated flights, you will see the majority on ExpertFlyer.

We are attempting to add the US operated segments for award searching today, however all American flights will be available in the future when US and AA combine operations.
Good to know the EF expects to offer all flights when the airlines combine. In the meantime, is the impediment permission or ability to get, process and present the US award info?
Old May 6, 2014, 8:52 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Good to know the EF expects to offer all flights when the airlines combine. In the meantime, is the impediment permission or ability to get, process and present the US award info?
US award inventory is not currently available through the same channels that AA award inventory is.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:45 pm

UA seat maps

Having problems retrieving UA seat maps today. They were working fine on Tuesday. Any known issues?
Old May 9, 2014, 5:38 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tromer
Having problems retrieving UA seat maps today. They were working fine on Tuesday. Any known issues?
No, no known issues and we just tested UA seat maps and they return correctly. Please try the search again and email us with the specifics if you need further help.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:13 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

My renewal (or non-renewal) time is soon and it looks like the missing UA award availability has not returned. Is there any imminent positive change expected? Just looking for an update, thanks.
Old May 12, 2014, 7:52 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
My renewal (or non-renewal) time is soon and it looks like the missing UA award availability has not returned. Is there any imminent positive change expected? Just looking for an update, thanks.
As we've stated before we cannot comment on our discussions with airlines before we are ready to announce a partnership, however it is something we are actively working on.

In addition, we will be soon be announcing other new features that will add value to everyone's ExpertFlyer membership.
Old May 17, 2014, 5:18 am

I was able to find availability on an American Airlines Y class award ticket via EF. However when I go to book it on AA.com, the date I selected does not show any award availability. Is this an error on the EF or AA site? Should I try calling in to AA directly to book?

Flight details:
IAH -> AMS on 6/26/14

Thanks in advance

Last edited by mikedo; May 17, 2014 at 9:48 am
Old May 17, 2014, 12:03 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mikedo
I was able to find availability on an American Airlines Y class award ticket via EF. However when I go to book it on AA.com, the date I selected does not show any award availability. Is this an error on the EF or AA site? Should I try calling in to AA directly to book?

Flight details:
IAH -> AMS on 6/26/14

Thanks in advance
Those are codeshares for US operated flights and as such are not valid for AAnytime awards. The reservation system is not returning the codeshare information to us properly, however we are working on a work around that will properly note these flights as being codeshares even with the improper information returned to us, and as such wouldn't be shown in the results for the AAnytime award classes.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:26 am

I found a codeshare flight that is operated by AA and shows Miles SAAver availability on your site. However it's not available on the AA.com site. Should I call in to check to see if its available?

Flight Details
IAH -> CDG (connection in DFW) on 6/26/14

Those are codeshares for US operated flights and as such are not valid for AAnytime awards. The reservation system is not returning the codeshare information to us properly, however we are working on a work around that will properly note these flights as being codeshares even with the improper information returned to us, and as such wouldn't be shown in the results for the AAnytime award classes.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:30 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mikedo
I found a codeshare flight that is operated by AA and shows Miles SAAver availability on your site. However it's not available on the AA.com site. Should I call in to check to see if its available?

Flight Details
IAH -> CDG (connection in DFW) on 6/26/14
If a flight is operated by AA, then it isn't a codeshare. That aside, we did the search and ExpertFlyer isn't reporting any SAAver award inventory for any cabin for that day/route. Please check again and make sure you are looking for availability for all the flight legs, not just one.
Old May 30, 2014, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Phantom inventory

Recently I encountered phantom inventory on two occasions, whereby EF shows inventory, not available with the carrier. Also inquired with my TA, who confirmed non-available booking classes.

Latest example is for UA # 926 6/19:
EF shows: Z9 P9
UA.com shows: Z0 P0

What gives?

Another case involved LX intra-EU flights, where EF was L9, LX was L0.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:19 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Recently I encountered phantom inventory on two occasions, whereby EF shows inventory, not available with the carrier. Also inquired with my TA, who confirmed non-available booking classes.

Latest example is for UA # 926 6/19:
EF shows: Z9 P9
UA.com shows: Z0 P0

What gives?

Another case involved LX intra-EU flights, where EF was L9, LX was L0.
Please double check your search as UA.com shows the same inventory for the SFO-FRA search:

Old May 31, 2014, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please double check your search as UA.com shows the same inventory for the SFO-FRA search:

Interesting: Just checked again and found out that it still does not show Z & P fare buckets available, if I do the billing address under Germany or other EU countries. However, if I specify U.S. billing address it does show. ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.