Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained thread it is not supported by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Can confirm that today an exit row aisle seat (11C) opened up on my flight, and I did NOT receive an email alert.

Last edited by WannaTheater; Apr 11, 2024 at 2:06 pm Reason: ... was a bit harsh.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Can confirm that today an exit row aisle seat (11C) opened up on my flight, and I did NOT receive an email alert. But wonderfully, the Expert Flyer automatic billing service is apparently working, as I just got charged for another year.

If there is anyone from ExpertFlyer that reads this thread, fix the problems. We pay for a service, and you are failing to provide said service. This is software, not brain surgery.
Thanks for report. Which airline?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Can confirm that today an exit row aisle seat (11C) opened up on my flight, and I did NOT receive an email alert. But wonderfully, the Expert Flyer automatic billing service is apparently working, as I just got charged for another year.

If there is anyone from ExpertFlyer that reads this thread, fix the problems. We pay for a service, and you are failing to provide said service. This is software, not brain surgery.
I have the same issue - zero seat alerts at a time when I really need them (isnt that the point though?!) plus the 100s and 100s of false alerts a couple of months ago when I had to re-enter them all again, twice, and all in return for an annual payment. Marvellous. I really need these to work and I told them so in an email on Monday. It wont come as any surprise that Im still awaiting a reply.
hurnik likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus
Are there any alternatives for seat watching?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Thanks for report. Which airline?
American (A flight today)
747FC likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by 747FC
Is anyone getting alerts for schedule changes? Seat availability?

Which airline s?

It has been a long time since I’ve received any.

Thanks.
I can confirm that as recently as March 31 I *DID* receive alerts for both seat availability and schedule change for AA flights.
WannaTheater and 747FC like this.

Last edited by sxpsxpsxp; Apr 11, 2024 at 3:02 pm Reason: Edited for clarity.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I see
AC 185 YYZ-YVR 21:40 - 23:28 788 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P4 R0 O9 E4 A2 N2 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L0 K0 G0
Originally Posted by Deathray
I just searched again and I still don't see it. Definitely something weird going on. I'll take it over to the EF tool thread.
Coming here from one of the threads in the AC forum. There is an available flight that doesn't seem visible in EF at all. canadiancow was using a different tool and able to see it; the flight is available for sale.

Over the past few weeks, I have run into other situations where AC availability isn't correct. Bookable availability has existed when searched in other places (ie ITA Matrix) but hasn't appeared on EF.

Is there a known issue with AC of some sort right now?

Last edited by Deathray; Apr 12, 2024 at 6:16 am
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:53 am

Can confirm that again today I did not receive a seat alert. This one was important. Stuck in an airport with a 10:30pm confirmed flight and standing by for 2:30 flight that had no seats (under Flight Availability). And Seat Map was completely blue. Created an "Any seat" alert, and the test email went through fine. Checked about every 10 minutes, and saw 2 seats opened up. Ran up to agent and got a seat. But still never got any alert.

Is there anyone on FlyerTalk that is affiliated with ExpertFlyer and can get this fixed?

UPDATE: Can now confirm that I received the seat alert notification. I saw the seat open up at 10:30. Got the seat alert at 10:43. Perhaps this is normal.
MDtR-Chicago and 747FC like this.

Last edited by WannaTheater; Apr 12, 2024 at 9:08 am
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:24 pm

Lightbulb

UPDATE: Can now confirm that I received the seat alert notification. I saw the seat open up at 10:30. Got the seat alert at 10:43. Perhaps this is normal.
Yes it's normal, alerts run on a pull schedule, it's not pushed from the airline.

Here's a good troubleshooting checklist for alerts:
  • If you run a Quick Check for the alert in the View Saved Alerts page, does it find the seat/inventory.
    • If yes, it should then alert you the next time the alert is run.
  • If the Quick Check doesn't find the inventory/seat, then do the underlying search (Award/Flight Avail/Seat Map) to see if EF sees what you think it should see.
    • If EF does show the availability/free seat you think it should, then check to make sure the alert is created correctly, and -then- bring it to EF support's attention with that information. (Then you can post on FT with the same information).
    • If EF doesn't show the availability/free seat you think it should (as compared to the airline.com) then it's not the alert. Bring that possible search bug to EF support's attention. (Then you can post the details to FT.)
droopydog and bryanb like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:01 am

Before I open a ticket (which won't do any good based upon past experiences):

Original itinerary:
ALB-DTW on 8/10/24 DL 2253 6:00 am - 7:50 am
DTW-MYR on 8/10/24 DL 2057 8:25 am - 10:15 am

Return:
MYR-ATL on 8/17/24 DL 2939 at 11:40 am - 1:03 pm
ATL-ALB on 8/17/24 DL 2389 3:10 pm - 5:31 pm

Yesterday I get the schedule change email from DL
Return is now:
MYR-DTW on 8/17/24 DL1145 11:15 am - 1:15 pm
DTW-ALB on 8/17/24 DL3767 3:50 pm - 5:24 pm

If I search delta.dumb it still shows the original DL2939 available, but no longer lists DL2389

Expert Flyer schedule notification for DL2389 claims it's still alive/intact and no email notification about a schedule change.

Is this a DL issue or Expert Flyer issue? (I've had at least 2 if not 3 times in the past where AA has cancelled a flight or changed the city pairs and never get Expert Flyer notifications because they don't notify on cancellations according to tech support)
Old May 2, 2024, 12:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hurnik
[...] never get Expert Flyer notifications because they don't notify on cancellations [...]
EF doesn't send "schedule change" alerts for cancellations, which has caught a few of us out.

Setting a "flight" alert for "less than 1" seat available in Y will usually do the trick.

(I'm fairly certain I learnt that somewhere on FT, possibly in this thread, but I'm too lazy to search right now. )
hurnik and 747FC like this.
Old May 6, 2024, 8:14 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Does EF have issues with TK?

An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old May 13, 2024, 8:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I've always used the free version but am thinking of getting the pro one to see fare class availability.

What are the best prices/discounts that have been available over the last several months? Are there ever any sales, multi-year packages, etc.?
Old May 15, 2024, 2:25 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aster
Are there ever any sales, multi-year packages, etc.?
Almost never (sale) and no, as far as I know/recall (multi-year).
aster likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lopinc1
Yes it's normal, alerts run on a pull schedule, it's not pushed from the airline.
Thanks, this is super helpful. Do you happen to know how often that pull schedule runs?

Im going on a trip with two colleagues, and there were only center seats available. I encouraged them both to keep checking and I set an Expert Flyer alert for myself.

After the weekend, my boss said, thanks for that advice, I looked twice over the weekend and snagged a window on Saturday. Then my other colleague reported he moved to a window seat on Sunday.

I didnt get any alerts, so Id imagine they both lucked out. I double checked with a test alert on another flight and it seems to be working. Still awaiting my alert and refreshing AA.com a few times a day just in case, for myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.