ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:11 pm

Does expertflyer show awards availability for Air Berlin? I can't find it in the dropdown.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:30 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Vcize
Does expertflyer show awards availability for Air Berlin? I can't find it in the dropdown.
If an airline isn't listed in the Awards & Upgrades airline list, then it isn't supported.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
ExpertFlyer not showing all results?

I've encountered several cases when the flights are there, EF doesn't show it in the reward searching result.

For example, AA have 5 flights a day but EF only show 2 flights in the result. It also has some problems to show LH/NZ, etc. INTL flight availability some times. Even if it does not have availability, it should show "No" or "0" for the result rather than not showing the flight... I am very frustrated some times.

Any ideas and/or workarounds?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
This has been discussed before. The GDSs that EF uses will not return any results if after displaying two flights with 0 availability the subsequent flights that day also have 0 availability for the class desired. You can push the time of day in the search criteria past the last displayed flight to see availability, which will be 0, on subsequent flights starting from that new time of day if you want.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:47 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cloudybw
I've encountered several cases when the flights are there, EF doesn't show it in the reward searching result.

For example, AA have 5 flights a day but EF only show 2 flights in the result. It also has some problems to show LH/NZ, etc. INTL flight availability some times. Even if it does not have availability, it should show "No" or "0" for the result rather than not showing the flight... I am very frustrated some times.

Any ideas and/or workarounds?

Thanks!
As was recently noted by another FlyerTalker in the ExpertFlyer Help Desk Thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20539252-post180.html

If you click the Help With This Page link at the top of the Award results page, you'll see that and more.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, HH
ExpertFlyer: Multi-City Itinerary

I searched in a few forums and could not find a discussion related to multi-city itinerary on EF. Is it possible to build a multi-city itinerary using EF? (I am using the premium service).

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:40 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by acader
I searched in a few forums and could not find a discussion related to multi-city itinerary on EF. Is it possible to build a multi-city itinerary using EF? (I am using the premium service).

Thanks
If you want to research a multi-city trip then you would search for each segment individually via the Flight Availability tool.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:43 am

I'm often looking for Star Alliance rewards. The "Connecting airport(s)" option seems useless to me, whatever is the desired connecting airport. So my question is: for which airlines or airline/class combinations is that option NOT available?

Also, I recently found bookable flights on the pitiful Aeroplan site that Expert Flyer did not show. Is EF as reliable for *A redemptions as it is for Oneworld redemptions? Or am I doing something wrong?
Old May 3, 2013, 9:23 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I'm often looking for Star Alliance rewards. The "Connecting airport(s)" option seems useless to me, whatever is the desired connecting airport. So my question is: for which airlines or airline/class combinations is that option NOT available?
The Connecting Airports fields should be hidden for the airlines it doesn't apply to. It does for most airlines but not for some *A airlines, that is a bug on our side that we will fix.

Also, I recently found bookable flights on the pitiful Aeroplan site that Expert Flyer did not show. Is EF as reliable for *A redemptions as it is for Oneworld redemptions? Or am I doing something wrong?
Please email us the specifics of your search to [email protected] so we can help you, thanks.
Old May 4, 2013, 5:40 am

expertflyer question

Looking for awards ticket for Delta Airlines Business class seats on Expertflyer. Which do I check off?

Class(es):
(limit 9)
First - Domestic complimentary upgrades for elites (RU)
First - Domestic upgrades using Miles or PMU/SWU certs (RP)
Business - Complimentary upgrades for elites (OU)
Business - Upgrades using Miles or PMU/SWU certs (OP)
Old May 4, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Only Delta upgrades are visible on EF, not Delta awards. BTW, there is a dedicated EF Help Desk thread in this same forum for these types of questions.
Old May 4, 2013, 9:19 am

Thank you.
Old May 4, 2013, 10:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Your query has been merged into the proper thread.

JDiver
senior moderator

Originally Posted by metoo
Thank you.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Air Canada seatmap

I just noticed that exit row and bulkhead seats (which can be booked in exchange for a few by anyone or booked free of charge by some status members depending on status level/fare class) show up as "reserved" on the Expertflyer seatmap even when they´re available.

This doesn´t happen all of the time (usually those seats are correctly displayed as "premium", but available), but it does occasionally, e.g. AC898 on May 8.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:19 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I just noticed that exit row and bulkhead seats (which can be booked in exchange for a few by anyone or booked free of charge by some status members depending on status level/fare class) show up as "reserved" on the Expertflyer seatmap even when they´re available.

This doesn´t happen all of the time (usually those seats are correctly displayed as "premium", but available), but it does occasionally, e.g. AC898 on May 8.
We checked and all we are getting for those seats is that they are Occupied, no other attributes or status is being returned to us. This can happen with airlines that don't participate in the seat map data standards for airline-GDS communications and unfortunately AC is one of those airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.