Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Unfortunately no, a flight search can only take one departing/arriving airport as input, this is a limitation of the reservation systems.
How is ITA Matrix able to accomplish this? I know it may not be exactly the same, but conceptually, it's close; ITA Matrix can certainly accept a list of multiple airports and return multiple, priced out results.

Regards
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dkerr
Starting next month EWR is apparently no longer included in NYC. Why IATA would do that makes no sense to me. But it highlights a problem with EF as I cannot enter more than one airport into the origin/destination fields. I would very commonly just enter NYC to get all of JFK, LGA and EWR when searching for flights. Now I would like to provide a list, but EF doesn't accept a list.

Can that be fixed?

Thanks.
EWR will continue to be part of NYC for availability searches: https://crankyflier.com/2022/09/13/n...ot-a-big-deal/
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:54 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
EWR will continue to be part of NYC for availability searches: https://crankyflier.com/2022/09/13/n...ot-a-big-deal/
Correct, but for the Fare Information search EWR and NYC would need to be searched separately.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:16 am

Hello ExpertFlyer Voice,

I've noticed that I can't see LX seatmaps for economy class, but I can for all other classes of travel. Economy seatmaps seem to regularly show "PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE" message. If this is a known problem, is there any timeline to getting that fixed?

Thanks!

p.s. I'm aware of the message
SWISS Economy Seat Maps may not be available on all flights. This is because SWISS doesn't allow pre-assigned seating for all flights in the Economy cabin.
, but that is not the case in my experience, as Swiss do allow pre-assigned seating on many flights (for a fee), including the ones that I regularly look at.

Last edited by Helix33; Sep 15, 2022 at 8:22 am Reason: adding in postscript
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:25 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Helix33
Hello ExpertFlyer Voice,

I've noticed that I can't see LX seatmaps for economy class, but I can for all other classes of travel. Economy seatmaps seem to regularly show "PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE" message. If this is a known problem, is there any timeline to getting that fixed?

Thanks!

p.s. I'm aware of the message , but that is not the case in my experience, as Swiss do allow pre-assigned seating on many flights (for a fee), including the ones that I regularly look at.
That's the message being returned to us from Swiss, so there is nothing for us to fix. When you see that it means they are not allowing travel agents to assign seats, at least in Y, for those flights. As such they don't return a seat map when requested.

As our note states this is only for some flights. We just checked LX 15 for Oct 15th and see the Economy seat map on that flight, as an example.

Originally Posted by scubadu
How is ITA Matrix able to accomplish this? I know it may not be exactly the same, but conceptually, it's close; ITA Matrix can certainly accept a list of multiple airports and return multiple, priced out results.
Apples and oranges. ITA has their own schedule, availability, and fare data and is the pricing engine for many airline and travel websites. EF uses the GDS APIs for data and is limited by their capabilities.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:42 pm

Is Expertflyer down?

Is Expertflyer down?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:55 pm

So it appears you can connect from from the US or via a VPN. Anyone outside the US facing the same problem?

Has Expertly changed its policy?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
So it appears you can connect from from the US or via a VPN. Anyone outside the US facing the same problem?

Has Expertly changed its policy?
Working fine from Germany.

Where are you connecting from and what error are you seeing?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
TApples and oranges. ITA has their own schedule, availability, and fare data and is the pricing engine for many airline and travel websites. EF uses the GDS APIs for data and is limited by their capabilities.
Speaking as someone with a degree in computer science and several decades of experience in technology, I can confidently say that if you wanted to implement this function (searching/returning multiple departure/arrival airports in one search) you could do it. It may take some work or be expensive to implement, and so you may not want to from a business perspective (totally understandable), but from a purely technology perspective it is absolutely possible.

If today I can manually enter:

BOS - MCO, PVD - MCO, BOS - TPA, PVD - TPA

and execute this search 4 times, then it is entirely possible to modify EF so that I can enter:

BOS,PVD - MCO,TPA

And then EF will execute the four searches behind the scenes and then return the results to me on the screen in one grid.

I'm happy to discuss this further offline and offer technical advice if you're at all interested, although I'm sure there are plenty of other people who are more competent in this area than I am.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:37 am

Question on ExpertFlyer alerts

Hi all - quick question on EF alerts for Aeroplan award bookings. Unsurprisingly, I've been having trouble finding availability for summer 2023 travel ex NYC to Europe on UA/LH/LX/OS/etc in J. Before I commit to paying cash fare, I just wanted to know if it was possible to set up EF alerts on partner airlines for award availability in J. For example, could someone please provide guidance on how to set up an EF alert for JFK/EWR to ZRH on LX metal, if it's even a possibility? Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:46 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Since this is a fairly generic EF question, I'm moving this to the Travel Tools forum.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:38 pm

Connecting from Australia. It appears to be working this morning (Sat, 17 Sep 0938 AEST). It think it was a glitch at Expertflyer's back end.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:56 am

QR inventory error

I'm getting the below error when searching award space on QR. What will be the ETA for fixing this? Thanks.

"QR award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience."
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by wylek
BA, IB, AY, QR -- all still unavailable, and have been for quite some time. Yet we're still paying full price for our EF subscriptions.
Hi folks, we're testing a solution for BA/QR/IB awards in production, so you can search (ignore the message at the top of the page) and please email us directly if you find searches where there is an issue with the results or that just don't work, thank you.

Update 4/29: We're fixing edge case issues as they come up. As part of that we may have to turn off the search from time to time. We'll post here with updates and we won't remove the notification banners from the results pages until we think we have it correct. Thanks.
Originally Posted by drcollosus85
I'm getting the below error when searching award space on QR. What will be the ETA for fixing this? Thanks.

"QR award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience."
Award searches for multiple Oneworld airlines have been intermittently or completely unavailable for many, many months now.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:41 pm

I have a question regarding Qatar Airways and American Airlines. I assume it's probably been asked before, and tried to search this thread but I don't think I've found what I need.

I understand QR can't be search; however, does that also apply if I'm trying to search for code shares with AA? Here's my example: looking at JFK to DOH award availability tomorrow (9/20), there is business class availability on both AA flight and QR flight:

On ExpertFlyer, I can successfully see U2 for the AA120 flight, and I would have expected to see U1 for AA8116 - the Qatar flight with 1 seat available. Isn't it how it's supposed to work? Or can it not find QR award inventory at all even if it's through AA? Hope my question makes sense!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.