ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:53 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by eminere
Hi,

Is there any way to correct the flight date after purchasing a Seat Alert on Expert Flyer? Unfortunately the wrong date was inadvertently selected when I was setting up the Seat Alert and I didn't notice it until after I had completed the purchase. Or have I wasted my money and just have to buy a new alert?
Please contact customer support for help so we can look up your alert, thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Please contact customer support for help so we can look up your alert, thanks.
Thanks! Do you know how long it generally takes to receive a reply?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:52 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by eminere
Thanks! Do you know how long it generally takes to receive a reply?
Usually same day.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Need help on if we can search for Delta flight on how to use Regional upgrade Cert in Expert flyer using Available class. Which Fare Class in Business code. I know the DL Award Search is not working right now. Or How to search if I can use Regional upgrade certificate ?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Need help on if we can search for Delta flight on how to use Regional upgrade Cert in Expert flyer using Available class. Which Fare Class in Business code. I know the DL Award Search is not working right now. Or How to search if I can use Regional upgrade certificate ?
This was just discussed recently in a thread in the DL forum: ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

start reading from post 1785 (linked above) onward.

However there have been reports in the main RUC thread of RUC availability not equalling Z, so YMMV. In any case that is a subject for followup in the DL forum, not here.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Minimum Connect Times

Hi,
Can EF or a reader please explain these line to me from the MCT query for AF at CDG

This is a connection from International to International, both in Terminal 2E, but what does CDS, EY, mean?
Why is the line published if the MCT is the same as standard on-line/off-line International to International given above it?
AF-AF II 1.30 CDS N/A - EY TRM 2E - 2E
and it contradicts this line which is below it
AF-AF II 1.00 CDS N/A - ** TRM 2E - 2E 21JUL22 - INF (which I interpret as 1 hr from 7/22, but I still don't know what CDS means)

thanks in advance - I am looking to ascertain the MCT at CDG for AF681 from ATL to AF962 to TLV

Last edited by sabbasolo; Aug 18, 2022 at 9:13 am
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Unfortunately BA & Iberia awards searches are currently failing with this error:
BA award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:03 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by CasaDeTony
Unfortunately BA & Iberia awards searches are currently failing with this error:
-Deleted-
CasaDeTony likes this.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Aug 25, 2022 at 8:48 am Reason: Change of status again
Old Aug 27, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Looks to be broken again. Getting this error just now with an Iberia award search:

IB award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:49 am

Does expertflyer work for M&M availability for Singapore AIrliness Business award availability?

Tried searching but could nowhere retrieve any availability.
Will alerts work for upcoming trip or is not able to check singapore availability?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:42 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by daruda
Does expertflyer work for M&M availability for Singapore AIrliness Business award availability?

Tried searching but could nowhere retrieve any availability.
Will alerts work for upcoming trip or is not able to check singapore availability?
EF shows partner level award inventory for SQ flights so yes that should work.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
EF shows partner level award inventory for SQ flights so yes that should work.

hmmm it seems not.

Singapore airlines website is showing award availability. Expertflyer is showing none.
See attachment
Attached Images   
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:25 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by daruda
hmmm it seems not.

Singapore airlines website is showing award availability. Expertflyer is showing none.
See attachment
As noted the SQ website will show the expanded KrisFlyer inventory whereas EF shows the partner level award inventory, so looking at the SQ website would be the one website not to compare EF to. If you do the same award search on UA or AC or M&M (which you said you were looking for) you'll see there is no award inventory for that flight available to partners, matching EF's results.
THR likes this.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Aug 31, 2022 at 10:03 am
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:04 pm

What is LinearAir ("O2") that keeps showing up in some of my searches? Online they appear to be a charter outfit, possibly just charter broker. But, e.g. on 1-october they show two non-stop flights #1679 and #1789 from Kingman, AZ (IGM) to LAX. Those cannot possibly be "real" right? What are they?
thanks,
-BP
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:38 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin
What is LinearAir ("O2") that keeps showing up in some of my searches? Online they appear to be a charter outfit, possibly just charter broker. But, e.g. on 1-october they show two non-stop flights #1679 and #1789 from Kingman, AZ (IGM) to LAX. Those cannot possibly be "real" right? What are they?
thanks,
-BP
Those are scheduled flights that the airline has published to the reservation systems. You can see more data via the Flight Details search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.