ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Any update on EK First Class award searches? Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:43 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Any update on EK First Class award searches? Thanks!
Not at this time, will post when it is available again.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:44 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

deleted

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Jul 29, 2022 at 7:11 pm Reason: found the support tickets
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Hello Experts,

Is the chrome extension or scripts available for Expert Flyer where it highlights the rows with available inventory on Award search ? I had it in my old laptop and can't remember how I got it ?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:05 am

Hello,

first time Expert flyer user on this level. I'm looking a good city to star a trip to MIA on October (18.10.22-8.11.22). It seems there is a valid fare (INN0C6S4) on AA, BA and AY which would need space on I inventory. Then I go and see if there is space on those days and there is both on AA and BA (same flights but different flight numbers).

After I go and see from google flights or Matrix but its only giving me flights with C/D/R inventory and fare RNN0C6S2 which is 400 euro higher than INN0C6S4. I'm I doing something wrong or what?

I'm just looking a good starting city as my plan is to do something like BUD-LHR-MIA-LHR-HEL-XXX as I have done years now but it seems I can not find decent city to start.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:13 pm

If this was asked already, pardon me.

I searched for 'VS' but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm trying to book LAX-HND for ANA Suite F using VS miles. Seems like I have to manually search UA to find seat. Can EF do this for me if I pay for the service?

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond
Hi there - I apologize if this is a known issue and has been discussed before. I'm trying to search for FJ award availability on EF, but am always getting "No availability can be found for the date and class(es) specified", rather than a list of flights with no award seat, even on the days there are FJ flights on the route I'm searching for. For example:

Am I missing anything..?

Last edited by Domo5; Aug 3, 2022 at 1:50 pm
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:36 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Domo5
Am I missing anything..?
We just did that same search and see the flight being returned, please try again.

Originally Posted by larciel
If this was asked already, pardon me.

I searched for 'VS' but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm trying to book LAX-HND for ANA Suite F using VS miles. Seems like I have to manually search UA to find seat. Can EF do this for me if I pay for the service?

Thanks
You can use ExpertFlyer to search for ANA award inventory. It doesn't matter that you're using VS miles or another partners miles, we show partner inventory for ANA.
Domo5 likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 3, 2022 at 7:45 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We just did that same search and see the flight being returned, please try again.

You can use ExpertFlyer to search for ANA award inventory. It doesn't matter that you're using VS miles or another partners miles, we show partner inventory for ANA.
so find the flight and setup alert for each flight? is there a limit on how many alerts I can have?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:18 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

so find the flight and setup alert for each flight? is there a limit on how many alerts I can have?
200 active alerts, as noted at the top of the View Saved Alerts page.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:39 pm

thanks. lastly, is it possible to create an alert that will cover a range of dates? i.e. rather than creating an alert for one specific flight, I'm looking for any (F) seat on any flight that becomes available between XX month and XX months or between days. Or is that too much strain on the server?

Last edited by larciel; Aug 4, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:24 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

thanks. lastly, is it possible to create an alert that will cover a range of dates? i.e. rather than creating an alert for one specific flight, I'm looking for any (F) seat on any flight that becomes available between XX month and XX months or between days. Or is that too much strain on the server?
No, each alert is for one flight/date. If you have further questions you can email us directly at [email protected]
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:37 am

I am fairly new to EF. I am trying to find award availability on Iberia Airlines but no matter what dates I pick and what fare classes I choose I get "IB award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience." Along with "No availability can be found for the date and class(es) specified." Even though I can go to AA or Iberia and confirm award availability.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:03 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by bakerbk64
I am fairly new to EF. I am trying to find award availability on Iberia Airlines but no matter what dates I pick and what fare classes I choose I get "IB award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience." Along with "No availability can be found for the date and class(es) specified." Even though I can go to AA or Iberia and confirm award availability.
That's correct. If you email customer support then we will notify you as soon as it's available again, thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:10 am

Hi,

Is there any way to correct the flight date after purchasing a Seat Alert on Expert Flyer? Unfortunately the wrong date was inadvertently selected when I was setting up the Seat Alert and I didn't notice it until after I had completed the purchase. Or have I wasted my money and just have to buy a new alert?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.