ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:13 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Have you emailed support about this?
A week (and several alerts) later, all I've heard from EF is "thanks for the email, we're looking into this."

Is anyone else receiving unhelpful notifications (and then having to reset their alerts in case something really changes)?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:18 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
A week (and several alerts) later, all I've heard from EF is "thanks for the email, we're looking into this."

Is anyone else receiving unhelpful notifications (and then having to reset their alerts in case something really changes)?
We're actually testing a fix to the problem, we were going to notify you when it was deployed, hopefully early next week. Thanks for your patience.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:58 am

More than days, less than months. We will let you know when it is ready.
Sad to say I'm still seeing the "QR award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience." error...looks like it did turn into months Any updates?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:11 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by wolverinechris
Sad to say I'm still seeing the "QR award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience." error...looks like it did turn into months Any updates?
As posted before:
If you try a search you'll see that it works. We aren't removing the notification banner until we've fully tested a fix we recently implemented. If you have questions about a specific search please email us directly with your example for help, thanks.
Let us know if there is a specific search that is repeatedly failing so we can track down specific cases, thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
We just did a RTW Fare Information search without error, so we'd to know the exact search you're doing. Please email us with the details.
Second email sent with screen shots attached. Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, SPG Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade, Club Carlson Gold
Does anyone know if AY Finnair awards part of the fix above even though the error message is still showing?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:11 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by yaksha98
Does anyone know if AY Finnair awards part of the fix above even though the error message is still showing?
Yes it is. If you have any questions about a particular search please email us directly.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Are there any promos at the moment? I'm thinking of signing up for an annual subscription.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
We're actually testing a fix to the problem, we were going to notify you when it was deployed, hopefully early next week. Thanks for your patience.
Problem solved! Thank you for your assistance.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:51 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Problem solved! Thank you for your assistance.
The original bug is still there, we haven't pushed the change yet. We'll likely do that on Tuesday as pushing code before a long weekend is generally not a good idea. We will post when the change is pushed to production.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:22 am
IMH

We're actually testing a fix to the problem, we were going to notify you when it was deployed, hopefully early next week.
That was on 23 June. I followed up by email last week and was fobbed off with "we have identified the problem and will be pushing out a solution early next week" (i.e. early this week). Nothing seems to have happened since, but I can't be sure as this screen is now repeatedly blocking my access:

I'm not using a VPN and am accessing the internet from home, i.e. not from a public network. Using Firefox 102.0.1.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Just a DP. I use Firefox 102.0 on Ubuntu (Linux) 22.04 and I never have had to do through a Captcha to access EF.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:21 am
IMH

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Just a DP. I use Firefox 102.0 on Ubuntu (Linux) 22.04 and I never have had to do through a Captcha to access EF.
Thanks. It's been an intermittent problem in the past. There are a few posts in this thread, mostly from 2016-2018 but also more recent.

It will probably get sorted when Incapsula recognises that the latest version(s) of the OS, Browser and add-ons I've been using for years aren't malware. Until then it's a pain.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:52 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
That was on 23 June. I followed up by email last week and was fobbed off with "we have identified the problem and will be pushing out a solution early next week" (i.e. early this week). Nothing seems to have happened since, but I can't be sure as this screen is now repeatedly blocking my access:

I'm not using a VPN and am accessing the internet from home, i.e. not from a public network. Using Firefox 102.0.1.
First, the problem with the schedule alerts has been fixed.

Second, the captchas show up due to suspicious behavior or IP address. Either way if you solve the captcha you won't be blocked.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:25 pm
21A

Is it a known issue that WN doesn't seem to file fares to Mexico in whichever GDS EF uses? WN flies this market and I have every reason to think they file fares, but perhaps they don't distribute them for some reason. AUA and LIR seem to work.

Last edited by 21A; Jul 7, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.