Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
You will see that if your IP address was used to solve an abnormally large amount of captchas. Wait 15 minutes and try again.
It's been over an hour and I'm still seeing the same error message...
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:00 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by dkc192
It's been over an hour and I'm still seeing the same error message...
Then there may be an issue with other traffic coming from your IP address. Please email us so we can investigate further. customercare@
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:15 pm

Are QR searches working yet?

I understand they weren't working a few months ago but cannot find confirmation that they are, in fact, working again.

I am receiving this message for every search on QR.

QR award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:52 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by andrea waters
are qr searches working yet?

I understand they weren't working a few months ago but cannot find confirmation that they are, in fact, working again.

I am receiving this message for every search on qr.

qr award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.
Originally Posted by expertflyer voice
if you try a search you'll see that it works. We aren't removing the notification banner until we've fully tested a fix we recently implemented. If you have questions about a specific search please email us directly with your example for help, thanks.
​​​​​​​
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:09 pm

Is this the same for the BA award searches? (Keep the banner until you're confident it's good.)

rb211.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Would it be possible to add the ability to save searches in the mobile website version? It’s a hassle to have to switch to the full version whenever I want to save a search. Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:54 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Would it be possible to add the ability to save searches in the mobile website version? It’s a hassle to have to switch to the full version whenever I want to save a search. Thanks.
You will be able to on the new version we're working on.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Air Canada Fare code on Expertflyer

What is Air Canada's FLEX fare code on Expertflyer?

TIA.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Is there a reason CX doesn't appear on the airline list for award inventory? Will this be fixed/added anytime soon?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:23 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Deckter
Is there a reason CX doesn't appear on the airline list for award inventory? Will this be fixed/added anytime soon?
Not all airlines make their award data available unfortunately.
Deckter likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:38 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Some of my alerts have been producing unhelpful notifications and I'm not sure why.

In one case (aircraft change alerts for two OS flights this month) it seems plausible that the airline really has been filing rather frequent changes -- switiching between Airbus 320 variants. The second case looks more like an EF problem. It's a schedule change alert for an SQ flight in November. I've resubmitted it a few times and within hours I get a notification about a change that isn't:

Code:
For: SQ306
From: SIN to LHR Departing: 06/11/22 1:10 Arriving: 06/11/22 7:20

New Flight Schedule:
Can anyone shed any light on what's behind this? I'd really like to set a functioning alert... TIA :-)
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:13 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
Some of my alerts have been producing unhelpful notifications and I'm not sure why.

In one case (aircraft change alerts for two OS flights this month) it seems plausible that the airline really has been filing rather frequent changes -- switiching between Airbus 320 variants. The second case looks more like an EF problem. It's a schedule change alert for an SQ flight in November. I've resubmitted it a few times and within hours I get a notification about a change that isn't:

Code:
For: SQ306

New Flight Schedule:
Can anyone shed any light on what's behind this? I'd really like to set a functioning alert... TIA :-)
Have you emailed support about this?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:04 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Have you emailed support about this?
My reason for posting here was that the collective wisdom and experience of FTers often yields fast answers and/or helpful suggestions. Sometimes that doesn't happen, in which case one hopes for an authoritative answer from EF.

In either case the exchange will be seen by other FTers -- both now, by thread subscribers, and later by anyone searching for "unhelpful notications" or "ExpertFlyer alerts triggered without apparent underlying change".

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before EF gets back to me (and the FT community) with something more helpful than "contact EF".
hurnik likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Problem in trying to get xONEx fares

When trying to price a RTW (round the world) xONEx fare, the system gave this message (been like this for more than 1 week):

" An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Is this a problem at oneworld? My search was for "D" fare at the time.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:26 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by allset2travel
When trying to price a RTW (round the world) xONEx fare, the system gave this message (been like this for more than 1 week):

" An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Is this a problem at oneworld? My search was for "D" fare at the time.
We just did a RTW Fare Information search without error, so we'd to know the exact search you're doing. Please email us with the details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.