ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:25 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Hello Experts,

If I need to search for Availability for Mileage award ticket using AA miles for Qatar Flights on Expert Flyer should we select Airlines as AA or Qatar ? And Qatar Awards working on Expert Flyer ? I wanted to keep alert if something opens up is this possible for Award tickets also.
You search for the operating airline, in this case Qatar. However no QR awards are not available at the moment, however if you email us at customercare@ we will add you to the notification list for when it is available again.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Maybe this isn't the right place, please point me to a better thread if this is a case.

Looking at availabilty at an upcoming flight, all Y fares are 0, with a few fares still open in C. Does this always mean that the Y fares are sold out and this cabin is full? Or is it practice by the airline (ET in this case) to void all Y buckets this close to takeoff (2 days) in order to force ad-lib pax to fly C?

Last edited by Jetboi; Apr 6, 2022 at 2:54 am
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:14 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jetboi
Maybe this isn't the right place, please point me to a better thread [...]
For those airlines that are frequently used by FTers the dedicated airline forum would be the place to get helpful insights into how they approach revenue management. For Ethiopian it will be harder, but you might try asking (or looking for a helpful past thread) here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-airlines-471/
Jetboi likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:50 pm

I am trying to set an award availability alert for a flight from SLC to BOS +-1 day. I don't care what time or which connections. The way I interpret the functionality is that you have to set a separate alert for every single leg of every single flight during each day...is that real? I'm showing something like 10+ flights per day, most of which have a layover somewhere leaving me with the need to create 20+ alerts and that's just for the outbound trip on ONE airline! I have a hard time imagining that this is that non-user-friendly. Can someone let me know what I'm missing? Otherwise it doesn't seem to be worth the effort, let alone the price.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by jekyllman
I am trying to set an award availability alert for a flight from SLC to BOS +-1 day. I don't care what time or which connections. The way I interpret the functionality is that you have to set a separate alert for every single leg of every single flight during each day...is that real? I'm showing something like 10+ flights per day, most of which have a layover somewhere leaving me with the need to create 20+ alerts and that's just for the outbound trip on ONE airline! I have a hard time imagining that this is that non-user-friendly. Can someone let me know what I'm missing? Otherwise it doesn't seem to be worth the effort, let alone the price.
Yes that's "real" however you only need to set an alert for each flight once, even it's is pared with different flight options, so there aren't that many alerts to set. This is for our current site, however if you wish to use the beta site (beta.expertflyer.com) you can set an alert for a given day/airline/class that is not flight specific (for any flight that day).
WillTravel4Food likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Yes that's "real" however you only need to set an alert for each flight once, even it's is pared with different flight options, so there aren't that many alerts to set. This is for our current site, however if you wish to use the beta site (beta.expertflyer.com) you can set an alert for a given day/airline/class that is not flight specific (for any flight that day).
Ok that beta site seems much better, thanks!

So here's what I did with the alerts. Can you tell me if this is the best way to set it up?
  • Google flights search from SLC to BOS.
  • Delta, AA, United, JetBlue, and Alaska fly that route on the dates I want.
  • I've got points in other partner airlines like British, Air Canada, Turkish, etc., that I'd prefer to use for a cheaper redemption.
  • Create an award alert on my dates between those two cities for Delta, AA, United, JetBlue, and Alaska.
  • As soon as I get an alert that something is available on one of those, I could then use points with a partner (ie British) to book the available award seat?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by makin'miles
ExpertFlyer Voice do you have any idea when the BA award data will be restored to the system? I really miss is being gone - and other tools in the market appear to be working. Thanks.
It is being worked on and we will announce when it is available again.
More than days, less than months. We will let you know when it is ready.
BA, IB, AY, QR -- all still unavailable, and have been for quite some time. Yet we're still paying full price for our EF subscriptions.
Markie, geo1005 and lcylocal like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Angry

Originally Posted by wylek
BA, IB, AY, QR -- all still unavailable, and have been for quite some time. Yet we're still paying full price for our EF subscriptions.
VERY frustrating and no email from the people that run this. Just cancelled my auto-renew as I fly BA a lot.
geo1005, hurnik and lcylocal like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Agree - it really rather defeats the object of paying!
Markie, geo1005, hurnik and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Just a tip on setting alerts: For flights I hold, I always set aircraft change notifications, flight schedule notifications, and set up seat notifications if suddenly our assigned seats become vacant.

Today, UA decided to switch a domestic 777 1-2-1 config to a 737, and I ended up with no F seats. Of course, the only way I knew about any of these changes is EF’s notifications. Thanks, EF.
ExpertFlyer Voice likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Seems VS also not working
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by weezl
Seems VS also not working
I wonder how long it's been.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I've been waiting for these to show back up for months. Doesn't seem like its in the cards in days instead of months. My subscription won't be renewing without this option.
Markie, hurnik and wylek like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:29 am

and of course EY and EK has been offline for ages as well. disappointing.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I've added a list of what I think is not working to the Wiki - please feel free to edit to add or correct entries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.