ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
Is there such a thing as a reverse seat availability alert? In other words, the seat next to me is currently empty, and I would like to get an alert if it gets assigned.
I think that this has been asked before, and that the answer was no.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: Chase UR, United MP, Amex MR, AAdvantage
I apologize if this has been asked here before. Is there a way of searching two-letter fare class award availability on United, e.g. IN, JN, ON?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
EF Pros - I'm working on using a Delta GUC for a Patagonia trip next year. Can anyone explain this result? Does it require I must route from OAK to ATL even though I searched as SFO to ATL? Note SFO-ATL-SCL searches all come up as Z 0 in both legs. If I have to start in OAK to get the GUC viability for the entire trip I will, but there is so much more seat capacity daily for SFO-ATL than OAK-ATL, so it didn't seem logical.

Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:50 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ebayj
Can anyone explain this result?
Not beyond the clarification that this is everything EF found that matched your search at the time you searched. You might get more insight into availability between the Bay Area and ATL on the DL forum. Searching SFO-ATL and ATL-SCL separately could be informative, as could searching for other dates (close as well as months in advance) to see if you can spot any patterns. Good luck!
ebayj likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:04 pm

ExpertFlyer Voice do you have any idea when the BA award data will be restored to the system? I really miss is being gone - and other tools in the market appear to be working. Thanks.
wylek likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:21 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by makin'miles
ExpertFlyer Voice do you have any idea when the BA award data will be restored to the system? I really miss is being gone - and other tools in the market appear to be working. Thanks.
It is being worked on and we will announce when it is available again.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM
Can't find route I seek - AA/BA

First time; long time. I was able to grab a couple PE AAward seats for my family for Thanksgiving (via AA.com, all on BA metal). Went shopping for what it will cost me for my (revenue) ticket and shop it amongst the OW carriers. Oddly, I can't get any of the carriers to spit out the same itinerary (AUS-LHR-RAK). They all want to route the return through Madrid or JFK or anything other than the "simple" route that I've got on hold. The same goes for looking at things on EF. I can see it on google flights, and I can then "push" it from there to AA or Expedia, but then "weird things" happen (on Expedia, it forces the outbound to become I/J, with the return in Economy K/T). AA seems to work OK (when pushed in from google), but the price balloons to $3200 for PE. If I build the whole thing as "Business" on google, I can get a $2800 fare in I/J which will push to Expedia, but--having never actually booked anything through Expedia, I'm not particularly fond of that option and would prefer to book through AA or BA.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what's "special" about this route. Perhaps it's the overnight layover in LHR on the return (though BA will happily allow an overnight but only via DFW!)

Below are the specifics. I appreciate your insights on my apparently "special" routing.

Nov 19 - 19:05 - BA190 - AUS-LHR
Nov 20 - 11:40 - BA668 - LHR-RAK

Nov 26 - 15:40 - BA669 - RAK-LHR
Nov 27 - 12:10 - BA191 - LHR-AUS
Attached Images  
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by maxwellh
Oddly, I can't get any of the carriers to spit out the same itinerary (AUS-LHR-RAK).
Using ba.com's multi-city page and searching:
- AUS-RAK 19 Nov
- RAK-LHR 26 Nov
- LHR-AUS 27 Nov
easily produces a quote of USD 2,828.27 all in Club on the exact flights you've posted.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by maxwellh
I was able to grab a couple PE AAward seats for my family for Thanksgiving (via AA.com, all on BA metal). Went shopping for what it will cost me for my (revenue) ticket and shop it amongst the OW carriers. Oddly, I can't get any of the carriers to spit out the same itinerary (AUS-LHR-RAK). They all want to route the return through Madrid or JFK or anything other than the "simple" route that I've got on hold. The same goes for looking at things on EF. I can see it on google flights, and I can then "push" it from there to AA or Expedia, but then "weird things" happen (on Expedia, it forces the outbound to become I/J, with the return in Economy K/T). AA seems to work OK (when pushed in from google), but the price balloons to $3200 for PE. If I build the whole thing as "Business" on google, I can get a $2800 fare in I/J which will push to Expedia, but--having never actually booked anything through Expedia, I'm not particularly fond of that option and would prefer to book through AA or BA.
You don't list the arrival times, so one thing to check is that neither of the overnights is 24 hours or longer. Also, instead of fighting so hard to buy this itinerary online, you could always call AA or BA to book. If you're nt high enough status to avoid an agent-assist fee, the agent may waive it when you explain that it doesn't show the flights you want online.
maxwellh likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Is it fair to assume that Qatar availability is broken on Expert Flyer? EF shows zero available for some QR routes (LAX to DOH, SFO to DOH, DFW to DOH, etc) while both AA and Alaska show availability using miles (the lower end miles and NOT the Alaska's overpaid miles)
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm trying to view the seat map/set a seat alert, but although EF can pull up the economy seat map, the business cabin results in an error: "PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE". This is for KL610 SLC-AMS departing 11 May 2022. The Y seat map as shown in EF matches what's shown on the airline web site in terms of config and which seats are occupied, so it seems the flight and date are correct.

Searching this thread for that error message led to this reply:

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
It means that the airline isn't allowing seat assignments (either in general or by agents) for that cabin/flight and therefore won't return a seat map.
however my existing biz seat was assigned by a DL phone agent in the course of booking a DL/KL ticket. In addition, I am able to view the seat map via both the KL/DL web sites and the DL app, and am able to change seats in either system and have it correctly reflected in the other.

Is there perhaps some alternate cause in play?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:48 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm trying to view the seat map/set a seat alert, but although EF can pull up the economy seat map, the business cabin results in an error: "PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE". This is for KL610 SLC-AMS departing 11 May 2022. The Y seat map as shown in EF matches what's shown on the airline web site in terms of config and which seats are occupied, so it seems the flight and date are correct.

Searching this thread for that error message led to this reply:

however my existing biz seat was assigned by a DL phone agent in the course of booking a DL/KL ticket. In addition, I am able to view the seat map via both the KL/DL web sites and the DL app, and am able to change seats in either system and have it correctly reflected in the other.

Is there perhaps some alternate cause in play?
Not sure, but that is the actual error that KL is returning via the GDS which means they don't want outside agents assigning seats in that cabin right now, for whatever reason.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:36 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
It is being worked on and we will announce when it is available again.
Availability is still not shown on EF. Is it like a few day fix or a few months fix?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:49 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by hp12c
Availability is still not shown on EF. Is it like a few day fix or a few months fix?
More than days, less than months. We will let you know when it is ready.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Hello Experts,

If I need to search for Availability for Mileage award ticket using AA miles for Qatar Flights on Expert Flyer should we select Airlines as AA or Qatar ? And Qatar Awards working on Expert Flyer ? I wanted to keep alert if something opens up is this possible for Award tickets also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.