ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:43 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
ITA Matrix gets it right, though. Is there some way it would know but EF wouldn't?
ITA doesn't use GDSs to price fares. So maybe ITA is correcting (or ignoring) how the airlines are filing the fares, or maybe the GDS isn't supporting it.

Either way it is not EF that is making any decision, the fare search request is sent to the GDS and we display the response.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Newbie to EF.
Just signed up for a free-5-day trial membership.
On EF home page, I could not find the "Award & Upgrade" button. Why?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Searching for EWR to LYS in June on UA or LH, I find (P) Business availability and fares on ITA. However searching flight availability on EF, P is either unavailable or is listed as First, not Business. What am I missing here?

Last edited by TheCount2; Feb 23, 2013 at 1:44 pm Reason: Include airlines.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 4:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Newbie to EF.
Just signed up for a free-5-day trial membership.
On EF home page, I could not find the "Award & Upgrade" button. Why?
Because you likely didn't sign up for the 5-day trial of the Pro product, you signed up for the Free service. Click the Upgrade button after you login to start the 5-day free trial of the Premium service.

If you need further help please email us at [email protected] so we know who you are and can look at your account, thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 4:32 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by TheCount2
Searching for EWR to LYS in June on UA or LH, I find (P) Business availability and fares on ITA. However searching flight availability on EF, P is either unavailable or is listed as First, not Business. What am I missing here?
It would help if we knew the specific dates and flights you are referring to, please email them to [email protected] for further help. P class is P class, on a 3 class flight it may be First but it can also book into Business on a 2 class flight.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Any way to get a "search fares for all dates" search on the mobile site? Just unchecking "validate fares" doesn't work.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:06 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Any way to get a "search fares for all dates" search on the mobile site? Just unchecking "validate fares" doesn't work.
No, that option is only available on the web version of the site.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
No, that option is only available on the web version of the site.
Then consider this a feature request I like to check for newly published fares when I'm out and about, but this makes it harder.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I've noticed this a few times now when searching for DL flight availability for upcoming trips a few days out (checking upgrade probability, etc). It will go from F/J 9 to some other number. Just checked it now for my Monday flight SFO-JFK, and the previous J9 dropped to J4. When I checked the seat map it still only shows 1 person in J. I also noticed every other flight had available fares maxing out at 4 both in F/J and in economy.

Is this something on DL end or EF? What's going on here? I can still go to the DL website and search for 9 seats and it does come back with available fares.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:08 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by roknroll
I've noticed this a few times now when searching for DL flight availability for upcoming trips a few days out (checking upgrade probability, etc). It will go from F/J 9 to some other number. Just checked it now for my Monday flight SFO-JFK, and the previous J9 dropped to J4. When I checked the seat map it still only shows 1 person in J. I also noticed every other flight had available fares maxing out at 4 both in F/J and in economy.

Is this something on DL end or EF? What's going on here? I can still go to the DL website and search for 9 seats and it does come back with available fares.
Seat Maps are never a good indicator of how many tickets are available as you can have sold tickets without assigned seats as well as blocked seats.

If you have questions about a specific Flight Availability search, please email the details to [email protected]
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Seat Maps are never a good indicator of how many tickets are available as you can have sold tickets without assigned seats as well as blocked seats.

If you have questions about a specific Flight Availability search, please email the details to [email protected]
The seat map was just anecdotal evidence which spurred me to look into it further (I didn't rely on that as proof). The odd thing is that ALL classes for ALL flights that I searched for Monday 3/4 on SFO-JFK for DL were maxing out at 4 instead of the normal 9. It's back to normal now. It's something that I have noticed happen a few times now, and then a few hours or minutes later it reverts back to maxing out at 9 for each fare.

Seeing it at J9 all week and then suddenly drop to J4 kind of spooked me, but in the end it seems to be either a glitch on DL's end reporting it or EF's end, not sure though.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:11 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by roknroll
The seat map was just anecdotal evidence which spurred me to look into it further (I didn't rely on that as proof). The odd thing is that ALL classes for ALL flights that I searched for Monday 3/4 on SFO-JFK for DL were maxing out at 4 instead of the normal 9. It's back to normal now. It's something that I have noticed happen a few times now, and then a few hours or minutes later it reverts back to maxing out at 9 for each fare.

Seeing it at J9 all week and then suddenly drop to J4 kind of spooked me, but in the end it seems to be either a glitch on DL's end reporting it or EF's end, not sure though.
We do not change or modify the data we receive from the GDS, so any changes would be from the airline/GDS.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:14 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I've been having trouble pulling up fare rules and routings on just about every city pair I've searched within the past few hours. Is there some kind of system outage?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:59 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by armagebedar
I've been having trouble pulling up fare rules and routings on just about every city pair I've searched within the past few hours. Is there some kind of system outage?
No, please email us with your specific search so we can help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.