Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 11, 21, 7:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 27, 21, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP, MR Ti
EF site not working with new AS fare buckets

AS changed their fare codes:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...3-31-21-a.html

and the EF award search tool still searches for the old fare buckets. (This impacts searches for flights departing after 3/30, which represents the vast majority of flights people are booking right now.)

Can this be fixed by 3/1? (Marriott devaluation is 3/3 so people want to make bookings before then.)

If this cannot be fixed soon, is there a reasonable workaround?
Old Feb 27, 21, 12:59 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by eethan View Post
AS changed their fare codes:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...3-31-21-a.html

and the EF award search tool still searches for the old fare buckets. (This impacts searches for flights departing after 3/30, which represents the vast majority of flights people are booking right now.)

Can this be fixed by 3/1? (Marriott devaluation is 3/3 so people want to make bookings before then.)

If this cannot be fixed soon, is there a reasonable workaround?
Can you please clarify what you mean by "not working"? EF shows the fare classes published by the airline, when the airline changes those classes we will reflect that. If you mean our class descriptions should be changed after 3/31 then sure we can do that, but that is just text, it doesn't change the data.
Old Feb 27, 21, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP, MR Ti
Thanks for quickly updating the search tool to allow us to easily search the new fare codes. My searches beyond 3/31 are now returning results. Only once, I got an error message, retried the search, and got results. Please QA the changes to double confirm that all award seats are being returned correctly.
Old Feb 28, 21, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by eethan View Post
Thanks for quickly updating the search tool to allow us to easily search the new fare codes. My searches beyond 3/31 are now returning results. Only once, I got an error message, retried the search, and got results. Please QA the changes to double confirm that all award seats are being returned correctly.
You're welcome, fyi it's the same set of class codes that are in the Flight Availability results.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Feb 28, 21 at 10:57 am
Old Mar 11, 21, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Expert Flyer site "Additional Security Check"

I am really curious if I am the only one having this issue or if others have it too as it happens across all my devices and if I am connected on mobile or my home ISP. I tried reaching out the Expert Flyer and they basically told me it was on my end still, so hoping this helps settle it.

Does anyone else constantly get the "Additional security check" captcha screen before it lets you to the main Expert Flyer site? I don't have this issue on any other site.

Old Mar 11, 21, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by adambadam View Post
I am really curious if I am the only one having this issue or if others have it too as it happens across all my devices and if I am connected on mobile or my home ISP. I tried reaching out the Expert Flyer and they basically told me it was on my end still, so hoping this helps settle it.

Does anyone else constantly get the "Additional security check" captcha screen before it lets you to the main Expert Flyer site? I don't have this issue on any other site.
As we have been discussing this with you over email, please continue to respond that way. We are still waiting on you to respond to our last email. As noted this happens because our Javascript or cookies are being blocked by your browser or a browser add-on. We need more information to be able to look up what caused the captcha to show in your specific case and are waiting for you to respond with that information via email, thanks.
Old Mar 12, 21, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
The reason I wanted to share it here is I continue to think this is a wider issue (as it happens across my devices, private browsing or not, and regardless of what ISP I am using) and wanted feedback from others to see if I am alone or not.
Old Mar 12, 21, 12:27 pm

The reason I wanted to share it here is I continue to think this is a wider issue (as it happens across my devices, private browsing or not, and regardless of what ISP I am using) and wanted feedback from others to see if I am alone or not.
As we said in our emails it's likely because you have an add-on that is blocking cookies/JavaScript. Either way we can't look up why it's happening in your specific case to help you without the IP address and the date/time it happens, which we are waiting on you to email us.
Old Mar 12, 21, 5:42 pm

I experience the same thing but maybe only once every week or two and after I do it once it lets me in without stopping me again.
adambadam likes this.
Old Mar 15, 21, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Hello,

Newbie Question on Fare information results . I am searching for Business class fare from AUS-HYD (India) for May 1st week and Return on July 17 2021 and Results shows fare code with Qatar Airways for 2063 USD. What is the Next step to get this fare or how can I get this Pricing. AUS-HYD CXR-QR WED 05MAY21 USD
THE FOLLOWING CARRIERS ALSO PUBLISH FARES AUS-HYD:
9W AA AC AF AI AY AZ BA BD BR CA CI CO CX CZ DE DL EK ET EW EY
GF IB IT JL JO KA KE KL KQ KU LH LO LX MH MS MU NH NW NZ OS OZ
PK PR QF RJ SN SQ SU SV TG TK UA UL US VS
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//
SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED
QR AUSHYD.AT 05MAY21 MPM 11998
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 RJUSP1RE R R 2048.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT01
2 RJUSP1RE R R 3026.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT02
3 RJUSP1RE R R 3082.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT03
4 RJUSP1RE R R 3892.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT04

AT01* /VIA THE ATLANTIC/ CONSTRUCTED RTG
1. AUS-AS-SFO-DOH-HYD
2. AUS-AS-SFO-QR-DOH-HYD
Old Mar 15, 21, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99 View Post
Hello,

Newbie Question on Fare information results . I am searching for Business class fare from AUS-HYD (India) for May 1st week and Return on July 17 2021 and Results shows fare code with Qatar Airways for 2063 USD. What is the Next step to get this fare or how can I get this Pricing. AUS-HYD CXR-QR WED 05MAY21 USD
THE FOLLOWING CARRIERS ALSO PUBLISH FARES AUS-HYD:
9W AA AC AF AI AY AZ BA BD BR CA CI CO CX CZ DE DL EK ET EW EY
GF IB IT JL JO KA KE KL KQ KU LH LO LX MH MS MU NH NW NZ OS OZ
PK PR QF RJ SN SQ SU SV TG TK UA UL US VS
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//
SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED
QR AUSHYD.AT 05MAY21 MPM 11998
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 RJUSP1RE R R 2048.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT01
2 RJUSP1RE R R 3026.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT02
3 RJUSP1RE R R 3082.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT03
4 RJUSP1RE R R 3892.00 T31JA 7 7/ 6M AT04

AT01* /VIA THE ATLANTIC/ CONSTRUCTED RTG
1. AUS-AS-SFO-DOH-HYD
2. AUS-AS-SFO-QR-DOH-HYD
You are going to have to find R class availability... all they way through from AUS to HYD. And that specific fare looks like it is only valid connecting through SFO or BOS with Alaska, Jet Blue, AA or QR codeshare. It is the sort of fare that looks like it needs a professional travel agent to actually construct a route that works. Play around with matrix.itasoftware.com to see if you can find a routing/date that works (I found R on the outbound 5/5 but only I class on the return). Note that the fare is not really $2K as expert flyer does not return "carrier imposed surcharge" aka fuel surcharge aka YQ aka $1,288 extra on this specific route/fare according to matrix, nor government taxes and fees. All in you are looking at a minimum of $3.5K.
Old Mar 15, 21, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by dkerr View Post
You are going to have to find R class availability... all they way through from AUS to HYD. And that specific fare looks like it is only valid connecting through SFO or BOS with Alaska, Jet Blue, AA or QR codeshare. It is the sort of fare that looks like it needs a professional travel agent to actually construct a route that works. Play around with matrix.itasoftware.com to see if you can find a routing/date that works (I found R on the outbound 5/5 but only I class on the return). Note that the fare is not really $2K as expert flyer does not return "carrier imposed surcharge" aka fuel surcharge aka YQ aka $1,288 extra on this specific route/fare according to matrix, nor government taxes and fees. All in you are looking at a minimum of $3.5K.
Thanks for the update on surcharge information. How can I use this Fare code value in MATRIX ITA Software. I am assuming its in Extension code field. I am not able to figure out. If somebody can help that will be very helpful. I am trying F..<Farecode>. Is that correct format. If somebody has any links on how to different extension code field values can you please share here.
Old Mar 15, 21, 6:25 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Hi,

It seems like the EK award search capability has not been working for several weeks.

Do you have an ETA when this function will be restored?
Do you have an update on the EK issue by chance?
Old Mar 15, 21, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Do you have an update on the EK issue by chance?
It's being worked on but I'm sorry we have no definitive date at this time.
Old Mar 15, 21, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99 View Post
Thanks for the update on surcharge information. How can I use this Fare code value in MATRIX ITA Software. I am assuming its in Extension code field. I am not able to figure out. If somebody can help that will be very helpful. I am trying F..<Farecode>. Is that correct format. If somebody has any links on how to different extension code field values can you please share here.
I think this is probably out-of-scope for this thread, but I don't know if one exists for matrix. If it helps, when I use matrix I generally don't enter any advanced routing codes, but it can help to use "multi-city" to force a specific routing and to select specific flights. I always select "time bars" for the results page so I can select individual flights, and if you hover over a flight you can see the fare class. I think you are getting too hung up on this specific R class fare... widen your scope to see what the best available is... there was not a huge difference between R and I on the flights I found (about $150, which on a $3.5K fare is loose change). I find expert flyer an incredibly useful tool and even though I have been grounded for over a year now I still maintain my subscription. It is even more powerful when combined with other tools like matrix... as your specific case illustrates.

P.S. search +/- one day and you will find BA flights for under $3K.
rajhyd99 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: