ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I appear to be having issues with some Ba flights zeroed out of EF but still available for sale. Is it me or are others having similar issues?
US POS seems to be returning zeroes at the moment, but UK POS seems to be working normally. It's the reverse of the problem that we were having a few weeks ago (UK POS zeroed, but US POS working fine).
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Globaliser
US POS seems to be returning zeroes at the moment, but UK POS seems to be working normally. It's the reverse of the problem that we were having a few weeks ago (UK POS zeroed, but US POS working fine).
EF seems to have ongoing issues with BA availability. Award availability has been unavailable for many months now and EF has been unwilling and uninterested in fixing it.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Many thanks.. Switching to a UK POS now shows that the flight is indeed not zeroed out which ties back to whats available for sale on ba.com

I very much appreciate your help.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:38 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Thanks for letting us know. We have let BA know about the issue and expect them to fix it like they did with the UK POS. We will let you know when they do that.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
EF seems to have ongoing issues with BA availability. Award availability has been unavailable for many months now and EF has been unwilling and uninterested in fixing it.
I agree wholeheartedly.

The other current problem is BA flights being zero-ed out. I was scheduled to fly SAN-LHR in Mar next and fully expected it to be cancelled, whereupon A availability comes into play vs Z award seatsI. I've been checking daily to find out when SAN-LHR becomes zero-ed out so as not to have to wait for BA's cancellation Email. The alternative, LAX-LHR, has limited First availability.

Yesterday I switched my flight to the only date in mid-March showing Z availability to ensure that I had a seat as, since Covid began, BA have been condensing their two LAX flights into one, therefore making availability much less certain.

Now I find that this was yet another ExpertFlyer/BA glitch and the flights have not yet been cancelled. How can EF go month after month without fixing their ongoing BA problems AND without offering their users detailed explanations?
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:09 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Full Score
I agree wholeheartedly.

The other current problem is BA flights being zero-ed out. I was scheduled to fly SAN-LHR in Mar next and fully expected it to be cancelled, whereupon A availability comes into play vs Z award seatsI. I've been checking daily to find out when SAN-LHR becomes zero-ed out so as not to have to wait for BA's cancellation Email. The alternative, LAX-LHR, has limited First availability.

Yesterday I switched my flight to the only date in mid-March showing Z availability to ensure that I had a seat as, since Covid began, BA have been condensing their two LAX flights into one, therefore making availability much less certain.

Now I find that this was yet another ExpertFlyer/BA glitch and the flights have not yet been cancelled. How can EF go month after month without fixing their ongoing BA problems AND without offering their users detailed explanations?
We posted last night about the USA-POS issue which just started occurring late yesterday. Again, we asked BA to fix the issue and they will, just like last time when the UK-POS had an issue.

As for the award data, like stated before, we are working on a solution, it just isn't quick or easy. Just because it's not ready yet, doesn't mean we're not working on it or ignoring it. Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:01 am

Anyone notice or can anyone explain why AA MileSaver Award inventory is no longer showing on EF? It looks as of mid-day yesterday ExpertFlyer is no longer displaying U, T and W inventory levels. Did AA now restrict the GDS from viewing these inventories and if so was this expected or announced? IF this is a permanent change then this is a really big deal especially since the change affecting A and C upgrade availability with AA that happened several months ago.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
.......As for the award data, like stated before, we are working on a solution, it just isn't quick or easy. Just because it's not ready yet, doesn't mean we're not working on it or ignoring it. Thanks.
As I've mentioned many times in this thread, award availability IS being correctly shown on Reward Flight Finder AND SeatSpy - the downside is that they tell you when there is availability on a particular day, but not which specific flights. EF has always been the go-to place for this, but for months you've dropped the ball. How is it that these other sites keep up to date, but not EF? To keep telling your users that you're "working on it" gives no comfort.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
As I've mentioned many times in this thread, award availability IS being correctly shown on Reward Flight Finder AND SeatSpy - the downside is that they tell you when there is availability on a particular day, but not which specific flights. EF has always been the go-to place for this, but for months you've dropped the ball. How is it that these other sites keep up to date, but not EF?
To be fair to EF, I think that the other sites work on a different basis. AIUI, they're interrogating an API which only provides day-by-day availability information, and it is cached information so it can be out of date. In contrast, I believe that EF interrogates live availability for each specific flight at the time of your request, in the same way as for non-award inventory. So it isn't difficult to see how the other sites can continue to work, using the mechanism that they use, even if EF's access to its (different) data source has been interrupted or terminated.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 9:55 am

.....it isn't difficult to see how the other sites can continue to work, using the mechanism that they use, even if EF's access to its (different) data source has been interrupted or terminated.
Thank you for the technical explanation for which I've been looking for a long time. "Different data source" explains a lot. Now it's for EF to explain why it's been broken for (literally) months.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:00 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Thank you for the technical explanation for which I've been looking for a long time. "Different data source" explains a lot. Now it's for EF to explain why it's been broken for (literally) months.
We already mentioned that EF and the other sites you mentioned use a different data source back in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32842827-post2248.html in November. Also like we said before, the different data source is what's broken. Also like we said before, we will let you know when it's fixed.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:15 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Anyone notice or can anyone explain why AA MileSaver Award inventory is no longer showing on EF? It looks as of mid-day yesterday ExpertFlyer is no longer displaying U, T and W inventory levels. Did AA now restrict the GDS from viewing these inventories and if so was this expected or announced? IF this is a permanent change then this is a really big deal especially since the change affecting A and C upgrade availability with AA that happened several months ago.
Fixed. Apparently, after a few years of having ZUTW classes show in the clear, AA re-hid them. We just had to flip a switch on our end to get them as hidden inventory classes, so now they are available again via the Award & Upgrade search, but won't be seen in the general Flight Availability search.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Fixed. Apparently, after a few years of having ZUTW classes show in the clear, AA re-hid them. We just had to flip a switch on our end to get them as hidden inventory classes, so now they are available again via the Award & Upgrade search, but won't be seen in the general Flight Availability search.
Thanks. Is there any reason that you can not have them show up in general flight availability searches as well? It was helpful to see all the inventories on one screen.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:55 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Thanks. Is there any reason that you can not have them show up in general flight availability searches as well? It was helpful to see all the inventories on one screen.
Because AA no longer returns them in the general flight availability response. This is the way it always was up until a couple years ago, then the award classes started showing up in the general flight availability response. Looks like they fixed that "bug" today. However that is why we include 3 "Other Classes" fields in the Award search, to add in revenue fare classes to the Award response.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Can anyone provide an update as to when EK award availability might be back up and running? Getting the error: EK award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.