Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 21, 19, 12:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 10, 19, 10:58 am

YQ

Is it possible to look up YQ by route on EF?
Old Dec 10, 19, 2:41 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by UnitedConnection View Post
Is it possible to look up YQ by route on EF?
You can do a Fare Information search for a route and look up the YQ for the airline in the Fare Rules.
UnitedConnection likes this.
Old Jan 9, 20, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Just a quick thank you to the Expert Flyer team, and my subscription has again more than paid for itself.
I had a complicated CX booking from North America to Asia and back, with stops and open-jaw, all in discounted business class ( I class).
At time of booking, I class was not available on one of the flights ( a 5 hour flight) so I was booked and ticketed in W ( Premium Economy) for that leg.
I had set up an alert for I class, and a few days ago I received the email that it was available. But when I called the airline, they told me that it was still I0.
When I questioned the EF team, they explained to me that the I class availability was determined, and varied, by Point of Sale.
So I set up another alert with my Point of Sale. This morning I got another email alert that it was available.
When I called in to CX, they were able to make the change, and re-ticket me, with no charge other than additional $10 in taxes.
It will be a much nicer 5 hours in a flat bed rather than PE.
Thank you EF!.
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:34 pm

Lightbulb EF Beta Testers Wanted

In case you aren't subscribed to our main thread, please see: ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:00 pm

Programs: AC SE
EF newbie question.

Iím flying DEL-YVR-YOW on 2/28, booked in B, which is upgradable with P space on AC.

I was waitlisted on DEL-YVR (AC45) and cleared for YVR-YOW. I created a P space alert for AC45 and received an alert that P is now available (latest check says P=2).

But my waitlist didnít clear so I called AC and they said they still see no P space in their system.

FWIW, if I check DEL-YVR-YOW in EF it indeed shows P=0 on AC45. But DEL-YVR on its own shows P=2. And AC claims their system shows no P availability regardless of DEL-YVR or DEL-YVR-YOW. Is EF ever inaccurate?

Any advice on what I can do in this case?

Last edited by capedreamer; Jan 13, 20 at 11:17 pm
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post

EF newbie question ...

Seems like "married segments".

Upgrades avaible for those connecting through but not for the single flight.

Maybe since you have already upgraded one segment you are only identifird as for the single.

Perhaps call again and ask about this - they may be able to assist better.
Old Jan 14, 20, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by serfty View Post
Seems like "married segments".

Upgrades avaible for those connecting through but not for the single flight.

Maybe since you have already upgraded one segment you are only identifird as for the single.

Perhaps call again and ask about this - they may be able to assist better.
I donít think thatís the issue here because the agent claims they donít see P class for just DEL-YVR either. And I tried searching for this flight on AC.com and the lowest Business Class fare I can find is Z: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31947502-post17.html

Iíve also tried multiple points of sale on EF (US, Canada, India) and get all the same. Odd...
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:23 am

EF newbie question.

Iím flying DEL-YVR-YOW on 2/28, booked in B, which is upgradable with P space on AC.

I was waitlisted on DEL-YVR (AC45) and cleared for YVR-YOW. I created a P space alert for AC45 and received an alert that P is now available (latest check says P=2).

But my waitlist didnít clear so I called AC and they said they still see no P space in their system.

FWIW, if I check DEL-YVR-YOW in EF it indeed shows P=0 on AC45. But DEL-YVR on its own shows P=2. And AC claims their system shows no P availability regardless of DEL-YVR or DEL-YVR-YOW. Is EF ever inaccurate?

FWIW, the mystery deepens:

EF now shows P6. But the AC agent claims they see P1.
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
I donít think thatís the issue here because the agent claims they donít see P class for just DEL-YVR either. And I tried searching for this flight on AC.com and the lowest Business Class fare I can find is Z: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31947502-post17.html

Iíve also tried multiple points of sale on EF (US, Canada, India) and get all the same. Odd...
If not married, then I am thinking just a poorly trained agent - that why I suggested you call again.

I do see HUACA worked for you eventually:
Ok closing the loop for those interested.

I thought about this some more and didn't think the above explanation made sense since I could opt to only request the upgrade for DEL-YVR and not YVR-YOW. So I called back and the new Concierge agent was able to get it processed by calling "another department". Another case of HUCA working in out, but frustrating that this stuff is so unstraightforward ...
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by serfty View Post
If not married, then I am thinking just a poorly trained agent - that why I suggested you call again.

I do see HUACA worked for you eventually:
Indeed HUCA worked in the end. But it took a frustratingly amount of time to get this all worked out.
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:30 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
FWIW, the mystery deepens:
There are several other reasons I can think of that can influence availability and some of those are nearly impossible to emulate in Expertflyer...

The reasons include:

1) Point of sale (PoS) - availability in lower classes may significantly differ for sales via say US or UK (BA is good in that).
2) Further advancement - availability is depending on the point of origin or even a mix of parameters from your itinerary (including PoS).

To illustrate #2 say you are looking into the availability of NYC-PAR. The resulting availability will be different if your itinerary is
a) NYC-PAR-NYC and
b) PAR-NYC-PAR.
Moreover, the result can be different if you want to make changes to an existing reservaiton or making a new booking (this is how QR now requires to make changes to their bookings).

Another example is booking a trip with stopover on EK. EK requires that agents book stopover itineraries using the availability for a through itinerary on your departure date (if this is done manually of course).

I would say it becomes really difficult for a passenger to know what the 'applicable' availability is for his/ her case...
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Keter View Post
There are several other reasons I can think of that can influence availability and some of those are nearly impossible to emulate in Expertflyer...

The reasons include:

1) Point of sale (PoS) - availability in lower classes may significantly differ for sales via say US or UK (BA is good in that).
2) Further advancement - availability is depending on the point of origin or even a mix of parameters from your itinerary (including PoS).

To illustrate #2 say you are looking into the availability of NYC-PAR. The resulting availability will be different if your itinerary is
a) NYC-PAR-NYC and
b) PAR-NYC-PAR.
Moreover, the result can be different if you want to make changes to an existing reservaiton or making a new booking (this is how QR now requires to make changes to their bookings).

Another example is booking a trip with stopover on EK. EK requires that agents book stopover itineraries using the availability for a through itinerary on your departure date (if this is done manually of course).

I would say it becomes really difficult for a passenger to know what the 'applicable' availability is for his/ her case...
Super helpful! I think #2 was likely the case here, or maybe a combination of #1 and #2 .
Old Jan 17, 20, 8:15 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold, Accor & IHG Plat, MeliŠ & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Feature request:

If I've just created an alert, offer me an easy way to create a further alert with fields pre-filled -- the chances are high that I'll want to keep tabs on return and/or connecting flights. (ba97.com handles this well: after entering flight details I can choose between "add" and "add & populate return".)
Old Jan 17, 20, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by IMH View Post
Feature request:

If I've just created an alert, offer me an easy way to create a further alert with fields pre-filled -- the chances are high that I'll want to keep tabs on return and/or connecting flights. (ba97.com handles this well: after entering flight details I can choose between "add" and "add & populate return".)
You mean from the Create New Flight Alert page? Please email this to [email protected] so I can share internally to help with design, thanks.
Old Jan 18, 20, 1:18 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold, Accor & IHG Plat, MeliŠ & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
You mean from the Create New Flight Alert page?
I was actually thinking of schedule change alerts, as these have to be entered 'from scratch' each time.

(Links to set aircraft change alerts and seat alerts are offered from the seat map results pages. I can't comment on flight alerts, sorry.)

Please email this [...] so I can share internally
Might it be possible for you to copy my suggestion here into an internal memo, together with any helpful comments that other users may post? Thank you.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: