ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
An open-jaw ticket for this itinerary will usually be priced using half of the applicable fare for LHR-JFK-LHR and half of the applicable fare for LHR-YYZ-LHR, plus the applicable taxes, fees and charges. (Note the directionality.) So you can find the applicable fares in the listings by searching twice.
many thanks
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
If you're not going to post the flight specifics here you should email us direct at [email protected] so we can see for ourselves what the underlying error we are getting back from the reservation system is.
This happens constantly to me, too. Most recent issue is with AA162 on 10/17 although I see it often.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:34 pm

I'm looking to use United miles for either Lufthansa or Austrian Airlines Award flights. I'm trying to set up Award Alerts on Expert Flyer, but my UA searches are only showing UA flights (that is, it's not showing me the LH or OS flights) .

I know I can set up an award alert separately on OS or LH searches, but if something pops up, will I be able to use UA miles for those? Or only their own Miles and More currency?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by cheaptom
I'm looking to use United miles for either Lufthansa or Austrian Airlines Award flights. I'm trying to set up Award Alerts on Expert Flyer, but my UA searches are only showing UA flights (that is, it's not showing me the LH or OS flights) .

I know I can set up an award alert separately on OS or LH searches, but if something pops up, will I be able to use UA miles for those? Or only their own Miles and More currency?
If you want to search for OS or LH flights you have to choose those airlines in the search. When you do that you'll see that we show the partner level award inventory, not M&M level.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:07 pm

Thank you. Good to know.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
It would seems that as of some time last week, setting Point of Sale for British Airways to Israel results in no availability in any cabin. All bucket classes are shown as zero.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:10 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mikebg
It would seems that as of some time last week, setting Point of Sale for British Airways to Israel results in no availability in any cabin. All bucket classes are shown as zero.
That is correct, we have confirmed the same directly in the reservation system. As such it is not something specific to EF:

Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
That is correct, we have confirmed the same directly in the reservation system. As such it is not something specific to EF:

... but my TA gets everything for an Israeli POS:

Israeli POS
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:39 am

Strange issue with aircraft alerts.

I had an alert set a few months ago (maybe longer):
Aircraft Change Alert
ICN to ORD
KE37
5/1/20

At 1:45 a.m. I got an email from KE stating that my advance seat selection for the above flight was cancelled due to aircraft change.
I did not get an email from Expert Flyer as of now (9:30 a.m. Eastern Time)
I logged into Expert Flyer and my alert is still there.
I click the magnifying glass thingy and it says there *is* a change.
Still no notification and the alert is there. The "Notified" section shows it hasn't notified for that alert either.

KE website shows it switched from the 77W to the 747.

Is there a delay or is this something special with KE and Expert Flyer?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
Is there a delay or is this something special with KE and Expert Flyer?
Notifications can take up to 24 hours, IME, depending on when the change takes place and how often EF is checking for you (which can vary).
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Notifications can take up to 24 hours, IME, depending on when the change takes place and how often EF is checking for you (which can vary).
OK, thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:36 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by luv2vacay
OK, thanks!
If you need help with a specific alert then you should email us directly so we can look up your account and the alert before you post on FT.
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:05 pm

If you need help with a specific alert then you should email us directly so we can look up your account and the alert before you post on FT.
Thanks, will do!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 7:31 am

... but my TA gets everything for an Israeli POS:

Israeli POS
I beg to differ. If any TA can get the full information from BA with an Israeli POS and you can't, there must be a problem with the feed you are getting from BA, which is clearly blocking information in the case of an Israeli POS.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:26 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

I beg to differ. If any TA can get the full information from BA with an Israeli POS and you can't, there must be a problem with the feed you are getting from BA, which is clearly blocking information in the case of an Israeli POS.
You don't know how the BA system is working on their end. BA doesn't know the POSs that ExpertFlyer has or on what reservation system we have them. It could be that BA is only sharing the Israeli POS with specific travel agencies that they have contracts with (EF is not a travel agency).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.