Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 21, 19, 12:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 9, 19, 2:49 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post
Been tracking Emirates flight MLE-DXB an DXB-LAX in late July for several months now. Last few days I get no availability in F for any day. Did something change with them in the last few days?

TD
Edit: This has now been fixed, thank you for your patience.

There is an issue with the EK data source and the vendor is hoping to fix it in the next couple days. We will post back when it's fixed. Thank you for your patience.
Traveler Dave likes this.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Jul 11, 19 at 2:23 pm Reason: Fixed
Old Jul 12, 19, 2:02 pm

How to Find Fare Basis Availibility

Hello,

I have been digging around for days trying to understand how to find availability of the best fare basis in Expert Flyer.

An example: I looked for the lowest price fare basis for 12/23-12/31 ORD-NRT RT UA PE on Expert Flyer and find fare basis RLX47BNS but when I look on United's website I see fare basis RLX47BNS and RKX08JNV being used. How did I find when a specific fare basis is available on a certain day? Also I've read through the rules and seem to be following them all.

Also, how do I price out a PE ticket that is mixed cabin on some segments? Example STL to ORD to NRT in Y then PE.

Thank you for your help! If I missed a crucial detail please let me know.
Old Jul 12, 19, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post

There is an issue with the EK data source and the vendor is hoping to fix it in the next couple days. We will post back when it's fixed. Thank you for your patience.
Thanks for the edit/update.

TD
Old Jul 13, 19, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, dl19
Originally Posted by dl19 View Post
I have been digging around for days trying to understand how to find availability of the best fare basis in Expert Flyer.

An example: I looked for the lowest price fare basis for 12/23-12/31 ORD-NRT RT UA PE on Expert Flyer and find fare basis RLX47BNS but when I look on United's website I see fare basis RLX47BNS and RKX08JNV being used. How did I find when a specific fare basis is available on a certain day? Also I've read through the rules and seem to be following them all.
I think that the place that I would start looking for the answer to your question is ITA.

For example, if you search for a round trip ORD-NRT, specifying extension code "F UA..RLX47BNS" in both directions, this will only return results on which that fare is being used to price both halves of the trip. If you're looking first to find dates on which the fare is valid, regardless of availability, switch the availability checker off (uncheck the box for "Only show flights and prices with available seats"). If you're a bit fed up of looking for specific dates, try using "See calendar of lowest fares", specifying (for example) 20 December and then a "6-10" night stay.

However, a quick look suggests that this will also return nothing using that specific fare in both directions. The reason is that as far as I can see your dates aren't permitted by the rules of RLX47BNS. That allows travel on Monday to Thursday only in both directions. In addition, around the time that you want to go, outbound travel must be from 25 December to 1 January, there is a minimum stay of 7 days, and inbound travel cannot be later than 31 December.

So you can't use RLX47BNS for outbound travel on 23 December. And if you use RLX47BNS for outbound travel on 25 December, then 31 December is too early to satisfy the minimum stay condition.

This is probably why you're being shown a different fare in one direction.

To bring this back to the topic of this thread, while EF is great for identifying fares that might be valid for your travel, it's not the best resource for checking the next logical step, the one that you're trying to check. That's why you need a different tool for this - and ITA is very good for this.
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:47 am

Is there a way to search for award availability for Korean Air flights?
Right now they only have one Prestige seat for the MLE to CMB on 4/28/20. (there's only one flight KE474 I think)
Not sure if they'll ever open 2, but was wondering if there was a way to get alerted (other than painfully checking KE's website every day).
Old Jul 15, 19, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by luv2vacay View Post
Is there a way to search for award availability for Korean Air flights?
Right now they only have one Prestige seat for the MLE to CMB on 4/28/20. (there's only one flight KE474 I think)
Not sure if they'll ever open 2, but was wondering if there was a way to get alerted (other than painfully checking KE's website every day).
Yes, that's what our Flight Alerts service does. The list of supported airlines for Award & Upgrade searching/alerting is on the Help/FAQ page: https://www.expertflyer.com/expertflyer-support
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 4:22 am

Broken again...

“An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding”
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post

Broken again...

“An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding”
It's not broken, just checked. That's a different and transient error, just refresh the page. If it still doesn't work it may be request specific, email us the search specifics.
Old Jul 31, 19, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've set some new flight schedule alerts and received emails confirming them, but they don't show on the list.

To check that I didn't make a mistake, I set the same ones again, but they still don't show on the list.

Is this because I have hit a display limit? I have filled 4 pages (40 alerts) of this kind.

The aircraft change alerts that I have set have gone on to a fifth page and I'm not having a problem there, so I wonder whether a limit for flight schedule alerts is actually intentional or whether it's a hangover from when we were allowed fewer alerts.
Old Aug 1, 19, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
I've set some new flight schedule alerts and received emails confirming them, but they don't show on the list.

To check that I didn't make a mistake, I set the same ones again, but they still don't show on the list.

Is this because I have hit a display limit? I have filled 4 pages (40 alerts) of this kind.

The aircraft change alerts that I have set have gone on to a fifth page and I'm not having a problem there, so I wonder whether a limit for flight schedule alerts is actually intentional or whether it's a hangover from when we were allowed fewer alerts.
No there are no limits beyond the overall 200 active alerts at one time limit. Please email us directly with a screen shot so we can see what you are referring to.
Old Aug 3, 19, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No there are no limits beyond the overall 200 active alerts at one time limit. Please email us directly with a screen shot so we can see what you are referring to.
Thank you for the confirmation about this. I've given this another try now, and whatever was stopping the additional alerts being saved has been fixed (or perhaps more likely, fixed itself). There's still no sign of the four alerts that I set but that didn't show up in the list, but fortunately it wasn't difficult to resubmit the information from the confirmation emails.
Old Aug 6, 19, 10:11 am

puzzling situation with finding and booking a flight

Hello,
I'm having a somewhat puzzling situation with a flight I'm trying to book:
It's CDG to SVG (return trip) via BGO, on October 1st and October 3rd.

This connection does exist according to expertflyer flight availability feature:
AF 1252 CDG 10/01/19 2:15 PM BGO 10/01/19 4:25 PM
SK 4185 BGO 10/01/19 6:50 PM SVG 10/01/19 7:25 PM
connection time: 1h20

Same thing for the return flight:
SK 4176 SVG 10/03/19 3:35 PM BGO 10/03/19 4:10 PM
AF 1253 BGO 10/03/19 5:15 PM CDG 10/03/19 7:35 PM
connection time: 1h05

However, I cannot find those flights on SAS or AF websites, nor on any comparison websites (skyscanner, momondo, kayak, etc.).

I've checked the minimum connection time in Bergen for flights, it's 30 minutes:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .30 .30 .30 .30
OFFLINE .30 .30 .30 .30
** OR * ARE ALL
SK-SK ID .50
SK-SK DI .40

Even if one considers the SK-SK time, and 20 minutes of buffer before the gate closes, the connection is stil valid.

Do you see a reason why these flights cannot be booked? And is there an agency that would book those flights on a single ticket, so that the connection is protected in case of delay?

Thank you and best regards,
Gilles
Old Aug 6, 19, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Married segment availability? EF shows availability by individual segments.

Have you tried calling AF or SAS and asking a phone agent to put together the segments you want together on the same ticket/PNR? How about asking a good real live human travel agent to help (but there will be a ticketing fee)?
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Married segment availability? EF shows availability by individual segments.
We do show search results that take into account married segments. It's the Flight Alerts that currently are for individual segments only.
Old Aug 6, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Has anybody ever seen EF show completely different EK F award availability than the US EK website? The US QF website matches what I see on EF. Since I don't have enough posts to include screenshots, I've summarized what I'm seeing below. Thanks in advance.

Search Terms
  • EK F (Booking Class Z on EF)
  • IAD-MLE (one-way)
  • Departure date: March 17, 2020
  • 2 passengers
EF Results
  • EK 232 (Yes) / EK 652 (No) (+1 day arrival)
  • EK 232 (Yes) / EK 660 (Yes) (+1 day arrival)
US EK Website
  • EK 232 / EK 654 / EK 653 (+1 day arrival)
  • EK 232 / EK 648 / EK 653 (+2 days arrival)
US QF Website
  • EK 232 (Yes) / EK 652 (Mixed cabin) (+1 day arrival)
  • EK 232 (Yes) / EK 660 (+1 day arrival)

Search this Thread