FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1297709-expertflyer-com-help-desk-thread.html)

Globaliser Mar 9, 2019 7:52 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 30865790)
I am trying to book LHR-CDG on BA using AAdvantage. Currently, the only flight available is the evening flight, both in coach and business (same availability shows on aa.com and ba.com). However, EF doesn't show availability on any flights that day in X or U. I want to set up an EF alert for the earlier flights, but I don't have confidence that EF will show the availability since it doesn't see the available space on the evening flight. I am EXP (though I don't think that matters here since I can see the availability on aa.com even if not logged in).

You can try yourself to see the issue - June 1 LHR-CDG

For the times when EF is returning false negatives for BA flights, https://rewardflightfinder.com is an alternative (although its level of detail only goes down to days rather than specific flights). It's returning a positive for 1 June, which confirms that EF is returning false negatives at the moment for that day, given that ba.com is being very specific that there is availability on that evening flight.

HofstraJet Mar 9, 2019 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 30865825)
For the times when EF is returning false negatives for BA flights, https://rewardflightfinder.com is an alternative (although its level of detail only goes down to days rather than specific flights). It's returning a positive for 1 June, which confirms that EF is returning false negatives at the moment for that day, given that ba.com is being very specific that there is availability on that evening flight.

Thanks. PS - I deleted the post as I didn't want to run afoul of the cross-posting rules. :D

TWA884 Mar 9, 2019 8:29 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 30865887)
Thanks. PS - I deleted the post as I didn't want to run afoul of the cross-posting rules. :D

Actually, JDiver invited you to post the question in this thread. ;)

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 30865732)
@ExpertFlyer Voice should bring attention to this, but you can also use https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...sk-thread.html

HofstraJet Mar 9, 2019 8:35 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 30865937)
Actually, JDiver invited you to post the question in this thread. ;)

Well, now that a mod has signed off... :D

serfty Mar 9, 2019 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 30864361)
CAPTCHA is the acronym for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.

This is their website:
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

TWA884
Travel Tools Moderator

I know what a captcha is. :rolleyes:

I was trying to make clear I did not see one with E/F ...

My account was simply locked out while expertly deleting multiple saved queries one by one - one the expert flyer devices firefox browser portal.

Several times.

dciolli Mar 10, 2019 1:39 pm

The EF alerts are always beneficial for flight schedule changes. However, I had a recent flight schedule change that I wasn't notified of, most likely because the schedule change also involved a flight number change. Is there anyway the trigger a notification in this scenario?

ExpertFlyer Voice Mar 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by dciolli (Post 30869914)
The EF alerts are always beneficial for flight schedule changes. However, I had a recent flight schedule change that I wasn't notified of, most likely because the schedule change also involved a flight number change. Is there anyway the trigger a notification in this scenario?

The schedule alert will trigger if the flight number it is set for has it's airport codes changed. If that didn't happen (or if the original flight number was deleted) that would be why you weren't alerted. For further help please email us with an example.

allset2travel Mar 16, 2019 12:41 pm

EF Web site slow

Using Firefox.
Yesterday & today I experienced web pages are really slow in response, that included typing & clicking on choices.
Any suggestions to speed it up on my end as well EF's ?
Thanks

ExpertFlyer Voice Mar 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel (Post 30894680)
Using Firefox.
Yesterday & today I experienced web pages are really slow in response, that included typing & clicking on choices.
Any suggestions to speed it up on my end as well EF's ?
Thanks

There are no current issues with the website. Try a different browser or restarting your computer. If you need further help then please email us directly at customercare@ for help.

HofstraJet Mar 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 30865790)
I am trying to book LHR-CDG on BA using AAdvantage. Currently, the only flight available is the evening flight, both in coach and business (same availability shows on aa.com and ba.com). However, EF doesn't show availability on any flights that day in X or U. I want to set up an EF alert for the earlier flights, but I don't have confidence that EF will show the availability since it doesn't see the available space on the evening flight. I am EXP (though I don't think that matters here since I can see the availability on aa.com even if not logged in).

You can try yourself to see the issue - June 1 LHR-CDG

Bumping this to see if others see the issue.

Currently looking at May 31: LHR-CDG. BA 322 shows no availability in U or X, but I can book U through AA.

Thanks!

ExpertFlyer Voice Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 30895937)
Bumping this to see if others see the issue.

Currently looking at May 31: LHR-CDG. BA 322 shows no availability in U or X, but I can book U through AA.

Thanks!

Edit: This has been fixed by our vendor, thank you for your patience.

lcohen999 Mar 20, 2019 1:01 am

I was wondering if it were possible to create a re-occurring flight alert

If I am on a flight that is pretty full in J, I sometimes put an alert it to keep track of it. However, once it matches up, it runs only once and never again.

It would be nice, if it could keep that same alert active for as long as I would want it.

Is that doable?

Globaliser Mar 20, 2019 3:16 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 30907955)
I was wondering if it were possible to create a re-occurring flight alert

If I am on a flight that is pretty full in J, I sometimes put an alert it to keep track of it. However, once it matches up, it runs only once and never again.

It would be nice, if it could keep that same alert active for as long as I would want it.

It's not hard to reset the alert, assuming that the availability has disappeared again. Go to the alerts page, check the "Notified" box to bring up the alert that's been triggered, and click the hooked arrow (which only appears on triggered alerts) to reactivate the alert. This takes about 15 seconds to do, assuming that you have to log in.

jackowilkinson Mar 26, 2019 8:37 am

Anyone else having issues with searches today? Get the following message appear for basic availability searches:

"An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

ExpertFlyer Voice Mar 26, 2019 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jackowilkinson (Post 30931333)
Anyone else having issues with searches today? Get the following message appear for basic availability searches:

"An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

There was an outage at our main reservation system vendor earlier today which has now been resolved.