Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 24, 19, 2:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 28, 19, 7:23 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by chx1975 View Post
I am searching connections and I am seeing absolutely bewildering choices. QYC? HHI? What are these? I mean, QYC is the bus station in Drachten but I am reasonably sure noone flying from Africa to the Carribean needs or wants to go through that. HHI is a tiny airport on a tiny island and I am reasonably sure it is not connected to Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Atlanta and Casablanca and more.
We show what the reservation returns given the city pair/date/airline you entered. Since you didn't post enough information to help you here, you can email us directly with the details.
Old Jan 31, 19, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I typically search for AA availability, but have been trying to book some close-in *A space recently, and noticed that the data source won't allow for any searches within 3 days of departure (JST). Am I crazy, and has it always been this way, or is the <=3 day limitation recent?
Old Jan 31, 19, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
I typically search for AA availability, but have been trying to book some close-in *A space recently, and noticed that the data source won't allow for any searches within 3 days of departure (JST). Am I crazy, and has it always been this way, or is the <=3 day limitation recent?
That is a limitation for some *A airlines.
Old Feb 4, 19, 10:56 am

Tried to use Seat Alerts, and keep getting this error message ‘The network connection was lost’ on my iPad. Removed and reinstalled app didn’t help. My iOS is the latest one. Can someone help?
Old Feb 4, 19, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jerrywu View Post
Tried to use Seat Alerts, and keep getting this error message ‘The network connection was lost’ on my iPad. Removed and reinstalled app didn’t help. My iOS is the latest one. Can someone help?
When you say your iOS is "the latest one" does that mean the latest public or a beta release? Does the same error occur when using the same iOS version on your iPhone? Please email us directly at [email protected] with the answers to to troubleshoot.
Old Feb 6, 19, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by jerrywu View Post
We have reports that iOS 12.2 beta 2 fixes the issue.
Old Feb 6, 19, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, Hertz PC, National EC Executive, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold
I've been unable to search for United award space over the last few days. Queries return with an error message:

I: An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Known issue?
Old Feb 6, 19, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by legalalien View Post
I've been unable to search for United award space over the last few days. Queries return with an error message:

I: An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Known issue?
Not at all, we just tried and it works fine. You should email us directly with your specific example.
Old Feb 8, 19, 6:38 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
That is a limitation for some *A airlines.
Is that documented anywhere?
Old Feb 8, 19, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
Is that documented anywhere?
It is shown in response to a search in that window.
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:57 am

Hi, until yesterday Expertflyer showed some availability of 9 nearly across the board in a few AC flights departing this Thursday, 21 February. Today many of these 9s have changed to 3s or 4s. How is this possible? Surely there weren't that many bookings within the last 12 hours or so?

Last edited by altalk08; Feb 19, 19 at 1:50 am
Old Feb 19, 19, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Availability isn't linear; availability displays don't represent the equivalent of how many tins of baked beans of various flavours are sitting on the supermarket shelf.

You could in theory book one seat in the lowest available class and immediately see availability numbers plummet across many different booking classes, depending on the airline's algorithms and revenue management strategies, and how your one single booking has changed the actual commercial performance of that flight to date when compared to the predicted / theoretical commercial performance.
altalk08 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 19, 5:15 pm

Perhaps this has been asked before, but it would be really grand to have a query option that only displays non-zero results.

I think some queries have this as a filter option after the fact, but that means you’re still waiting for the query to fire and the page load, and then a bunch more clicks before you can see the results that matter. A simple check box “non-zero filter” as part of the search query would be ideal.
Old Feb 23, 19, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by SouthernCross View Post
Perhaps this has been asked before, but it would be really grand to have a query option that only displays non-zero results.

I think some queries have this as a filter option after the fact, but that means you’re still waiting for the query to fire and the page load, and then a bunch more clicks before you can see the results that matter. A simple check box “non-zero filter” as part of the search query would be ideal.
You're going to wait for the query to run no matter what, as we don't know what the results are until we actually see the results. But we will consider that option for a future improvement. The reason we do that is so that you can then create Flight Alerts for the flights that currently don't have inventory.
Old Feb 28, 19, 4:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, BA
Long Connection Search

Is it possible to search for availability on long connections in EF? I'm searching for SFO-LHR via YYZ, and looking for a 23h connection. It seems that most of the results show flights only for a connection on the same date. I can't manage to bring up AC 756 (SFO-YYZ, arriving 19:58) followed by a departure on AC 856 (YYZ-LHR, departing +1 at 19:35). I can easily find this on ITA Matrix and also book with my TA, but I can't seem to pull up availability in EF with long connections and married segments.

Search this Thread