Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 29, 19, 1:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 29, 18, 7:11 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
A Thank you to the Expert Flyer team - I had booked an Aetoplan redemption in Y ( X) class since no J space was available.
I set an EF alert for I class, and received the email alert this evening that I space was available on this flight.
A quick phone call and $100 later I had the J class seat.
Thank you, and that alone is worth the annual fee for me.

Glad we could help!
Old Jan 3, 19, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, CX Silver, LY TL, Marriot G
UA 1796 Boeing 777-200
Depart SFO: Sun, Jan 27
Arrive EWR: Mon, Jan 28

Why would EF show all the empty seats as blocked, when on UA they show as available? I am sure that is what the GDS shows, but why would UA publish it that way?

As see on UA

As shown on EF
Old Jan 3, 19, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are your searches for different days? The UA seat map display says "Depart SFO: Sun, Jan 27" while the EF seat map display is for "28/01/19".
Old Jan 6, 19, 3:18 am
kkl

Is there a reason why flights are not shown on the "Award and Upgrades" section but shown on the "Flight availability"

e.g BKK-KIX in April. No direct TG flights are shown in the Upgrade section
Old Jan 6, 19, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kkl View Post
Is there a reason why flights are not shown on the "Award and Upgrades" section but shown on the "Flight availability"

e.g BKK-KIX in April. No direct TG flights are shown in the Upgrade section
Because no direct TG flight has any awards or upgrades available. Connecting flights are shown if at least one segment is available.
Old Jan 6, 19, 7:22 am
kkl

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Because no direct TG flight has any awards or upgrades available. Connecting flights are shown if at least one segment is available.
So if I put a manual search for O or I awards it will alert me if it comes up?
Old Jan 6, 19, 9:27 am
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by kkl View Post
So if I put a manual search for O or I awards it will alert me if it comes up?
If you mean creating a manual Flight Alert, then yes. Another trick is to add a fare class code like Y as an Other Class code to the Award search. You still won't see the award class if it's not there, but it would force the flight to show.
Old Jan 6, 19, 9:21 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
If you mean creating a manual Flight Alert, then yes. Another trick is to add a fare class code like Y as an Other Class code to the Award search. You still won't see the award class if it's not there, but it would force the flight to show.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, CX Silver, LY TL, Marriot G
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
Are your searches for different days? The UA seat map display says "Depart SFO: Sun, Jan 27" while the EF seat map display is for "28/01/19".
My stupidity, only ameliorated by the tendency of the UA website to show the next day's early morning flights when searching for a specific date. i.e. a 1am flight on 28th will show on search
Old Jan 17, 19, 6:04 am

Programs: One World
Is there a significant difference in using a GDS (not ticketing, just availability) over using ExpertFlyer?

Is there any difference? More current? More expensive?

Taara
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Any way to add Vietnam POS, given the Cathay mistake fare?
Old Jan 19, 19, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Taara View Post
Is there a significant difference in using a GDS (not ticketing, just availability) over using ExpertFlyer?

Is there any difference? More current? More expensive?

Taara
Do you have access to a personal GDS tool?
Old Jan 21, 19, 2:00 am

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by adambadam View Post
Do you have access to a personal GDS tool?
Yes I have access to corporate Galileo, but am weighing the benefits as we are not ticketing with it and EF seems much cheaper
Old Jan 27, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
My EF membership has lapsed b/c I've gotten pretty good at finding what I need otherwise. But I'm having some difficulty and have two questions before I pay for EF.

1) UA and CA both show 5x seats for CA flights at the saver level (I have no status or cc for these programs), but ANA won't work with more than 4 for CA flights. Will EF be able to determine if the 5th is available to ANA? I can call, but would like to search options first.

2) UA and CA both show ZRH-VIE-ORD (on Austrian), but when I do a straight VIE-ORD search, no VIE-ORD shows up. Will EF show the direct as singly bookable? I believe it will, but I haven't used it in a few years.

UPDATE: I went ahead and re-upped EF, which says only 4x on those CA flights. They must limit to 4 generally. And the VIE-ORD shows up, so I guess that's a call in.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 28, 19 at 7:59 am
Old Jan 28, 19, 6:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I am searching connections and I am seeing absolutely bewildering choices. QYC? HHI? What are these? I mean, QYC is the bus station in Drachten but I am reasonably sure noone flying from Africa to the Carribean needs or wants to go through that. HHI is a tiny airport on a tiny island and I am reasonably sure it is not connected to Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Atlanta and Casablanca and more.

Search this Thread