ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:01 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I seem to have been searching too fast as it logged me out after a search -- how does one go about unlocking it?

Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
I seem to have been searching too fast as it logged me out after a search -- how does one go about unlocking it?
email them or fill out the contact form?

https://www.expertflyer.com/about-expertflyer#contactus

there's also an email address in the wiki for this thread.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I had an interesting situation where EF showed all zerod out in "I" class for any BA flight leaving NBO to SEA on March 23, under either AA or BA code and regardless of routing in the US. I had booked March 25 with AA under AA codes and wanted to move back to leave on March 23 but AA said no I class availability when I called AA. I looked up a new ticket on BA and found BA was still selling I class on NBO-LHR-JFK-SEA or NBO-LHR-DFW-SEA on March 23. In the end I refunded the AA ticket and took the $500 refund hit and then rebooked on BA via LHR/DFW. My hope is once "I" class will open on the direct LHR-SEA flight as my return approaches and I can pay $200 for that change. But very odd that EF "I" bucket for the BA flights didn't match what BA was willing to sell me.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by stephem
I had an interesting situation where EF showed all zerod out in "I" class for any BA flight leaving NBO to SEA on March 23, under either AA or BA code and regardless of routing in the US. ... I looked up a new ticket on BA and found BA was still selling I class on NBO-LHR-JFK-SEA or NBO-LHR-DFW-SEA on March 23.
It's possible that this was due to POS differences. I don't know what your EF preference is set to, but if you price such a route on ba.com then the availability used will be that shown to the Kenya market. If your EF setting is to (say) US market availability, it's possible that BA was showing zero I class availability to the US while showing some I class availability to Kenya; the latter is what ba.com would use.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:40 pm

Is expertflyer the correct tool for me (versus spending my time on matrix.ita and slowing iterating through the days?). I've been paying for a 1-month EF subscription on and off

I mainly look for revenue flights (not award), trying to piece together the best fare + stopover/openjaw route (basically looking at the rules)

matrix gives me access to the rules (but not necessarily every available fare). if I want to force a stopover, I need to manually search and see what day is available

in EF, I can find the fare info easily (and know what fare class + restrictions I have). I can go to flight availability and filter by fare class (every click gives me 1 week of data, when I select +/- 3 days). adding a flight alert is easy

bonus = seat map alerts
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:39 am

How do I find out the reason for the delay from this flight?

This flight was delayed and caused me to mis my connection - can I find out what the deal was for?

DOAF1742/04MAR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * AF1742 0 SU 04MAR18
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

CDG LEFT THE GATE 1224
TOOK OFF 1237
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1325 GVA
GVA AIRCRAFT LANDED 1325
ARRIVED 1329
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* AF1742 0 SU 04MAR18 ASM
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
CDG 1105 SU JCDIZO/S Y/- 319 1:10
BMPUFKWHSLA/-
QTENRVXG/-
GVA 1215 SU 1:10
QTENRVXG/-
COMMENTS-
1.CDG GVA - AIRCRAFT OWNER AIR FRANCE
2.CDG GVA - COCKPIT CREW AIR FRANCE
3.CDG GVA - CABIN CREW AIR FRANCE
4.CDG GVA - MEMBER OF SKYTEAM
5.CDG GVA - DEPARTS TERMINAL 2F
6.CDG GVA - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1
7.CDG GVA - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
8.CDG GVA - CO2/PAX* 65.66 KG ECO, 65.66 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
319 C 20 Y 113
>
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
AA Award on Iberia

For an AA Business/First Miles Saver award on Iberia metal, I should be using Iberia Business U in the EF search, correct?
I ask because I am getting availability on AA.com for an Iberia flight but not on EF.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:05 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by flyaxa
For an AA Business/First Miles Saver award on Iberia metal, I should be using Iberia Business U in the EF search, correct?
I ask because I am getting availability on AA.com for an Iberia flight but not on EF.
For help with specific flight questions please email us directly, thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Yes.
Can you actually book it on AA.com? It's known for showing phantom availability for partner award flights. AA will show partner flight availability on the search results page, but when you choose that flight and try to book it, you get a message saying: "The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
Yes.
Can you actually book it on AA.com? It's known for showing phantom availability for partner award flights. AA will show partner flight availability on the search results page, but when you choose that flight and try to book it, you get a message saying: "The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."
Thanks, yes, I believe it is bookable. I took it to seat selection, but no further. It's not actually the flight I need. I was going to set up an alert, but that would be pointless if EF is not seeing the availability. I'll email them as suggested.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:54 pm

Quick Take
Looking for two saver biz from LAX to BEY sometime in the fall. Would like a 1 stop award on LH or TK. Expert Flyer doesn't even show 1 stop flights with zero availability.

I just signed up for a pro subscription, and I'm trying to figure some things out. I noticed that on United.com, LH and TK Partner Business award availability is limited to at least 2 stops now. I realize that they're stingy with Award space from LAX, but I can't even set up an alert for 1 stop award availability.

Am I doing it wrong, or should I be creating a flight alert and not an award alert?

I'm happy to provide more details if needed. I'm not opposed to flying biz to IST, ZHR, FRA, or VIE, then just flying economy to BEY.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Thanks, yes, I believe it is bookable. I took it to seat selection, but no further. It's not actually the flight I need. I was going to set up an alert, but that would be pointless if EF is not seeing the availability. I'll email them as suggested.
EF showed Iberia award availability when I searched for it a couple of weeks ago, and it matched what was actually possible to book on AA.com.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:47 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by nikehair
Quick Take
Looking for two saver biz from LAX to BEY sometime in the fall. Would like a 1 stop award on LH or TK. Expert Flyer doesn't even show 1 stop flights with zero availability.

I just signed up for a pro subscription, and I'm trying to figure some things out. I noticed that on United.com, LH and TK Partner Business award availability is limited to at least 2 stops now. I realize that they're stingy with Award space from LAX, but I can't even set up an alert for 1 stop award availability.

Am I doing it wrong, or should I be creating a flight alert and not an award alert?

I'm happy to provide more details if needed. I'm not opposed to flying biz to IST, ZHR, FRA, or VIE, then just flying economy to BEY.
For some Star Alliance airlines a flight may not be shown if there is no award availability in any cabin for the flight. You can still create a Flight Alert for the flight from the results page of the Flight Availability search or via the Create New Flight Alert page. The award alert is the Flight Alert.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is probably a simple explanation that I have overlooked but, on a forthcoming KLM flight, I am getting a very different availability seatmap from EF than I am from the KL website itself.
The flight concerned is flight KL887 from AMS to HKG on April 3rd in business.
KL tells me that only 2 seats are still available (6G and 6K) whereas EF tells me that, in addition to these two, there are also another 8 seats free (2DGHK, 3AGH and 4A).
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:10 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by NickB
There is probably a simple explanation that I have overlooked but, on a forthcoming KLM flight, I am getting a very different availability seatmap from EF than I am from the KL website itself.
The flight concerned is flight KL887 from AMS to HKG on April 3rd in business.
KL tells me that only 2 seats are still available (6G and 6K) whereas EF tells me that, in addition to these two, there are also another 8 seats free (2DGHK, 3AGH and 4A).
Hi Nick. The ExpertFlyer seat map is correct, those seats are not currently reserved by any passenger. The seat map we show is what is returned to any travel agent via the global reservation systems, so you should call KLM and ask why you can't reserve those unoccupied seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.