Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 21, 19, 12:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 29, 17, 10:09 am
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Are there any plans to support this any time soon?
Nothing that we can share at this time.
Old Oct 11, 17, 7:18 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Keter View Post
AF has started to publish fares in O class, in Europe and North Africa.
Though mileage earning will be adjusted I am sure (maybe already adjusted on some FB websites), but the concern is with taking space that would otherwise be available for awards.
Does AF have additional/ internall award inventory classes for classic awards? If so, then this will just reduce the availability for partners.
I do not fly AF a lot, so do not know what the impact to award availability of having fares in X class that happend longer time ago.
Dear ExpertFlyer,

In another thread it is confirmed AF is now using O class for revenue tickets in addition to award ones.

Will the tool manage the difference between the two types of tickets?

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 17, 10:58 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bodory View Post
Dear ExpertFlyer,

In another thread it is confirmed AF is now using O class for revenue tickets in addition to award ones.

Will the tool manage the difference between the two types of tickets?

Thanks
Reading the other thread it's not clear there will be two different O inventory classes. If you find an example where there is an O "fare" for sale but not O award inventory please email us directly, thanks.
Old Oct 13, 17, 9:29 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Is ExpertFlyer worth the $$ for me?

I understand how ExpertFlyer can help when looking for an award seat, but how is the Basic or Pro version useful to me when I typically book flights several months out? Is it worth the $ for this type of usage?

Thanks, Jon

Last edited by MarJon; Oct 13, 17 at 12:34 pm
Old Oct 14, 17, 7:43 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Did I not pose the question clearly or is there simply no value to ExpertFlyer other than Awards and Sysups for people that book flights well in advance? Thanks -Jon
Old Oct 14, 17, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MarJon View Post
Did I not pose the question clearly or is there simply no value to ExpertFlyer other than Awards and Sysups for people that book flights well in advance?
Personally, I'm really not sure what you're asking.

I sometimes book tickets as much as 355 days in advance, and I think that there is plenty of value in a paid subscription. It's got far more than availability information, but sometimes even 355 days out inventory is scarce and needs hunting down.

Only you can know what you want out of EF, given all the different kinds of information it provides which help with many aspects of the travel process. How much of it do you want, and how much of it would you use?
Old Oct 14, 17, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Personally, I'm really not sure what you're asking.
Maybe a better way to ask it is, how do you use EF functionality when making paid-for reservations well in advance? Thanks.. Jon
Old Oct 14, 17, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Is there any kind of API I can use?

I basically want to set schedule change and equipment change alerts for every flight I have in TripIt (which does have an API).

I have 72 flights currently booked between now and the end of 2017 (and there will be more), which is why it's not really feasible for me to do this for each one individually.
Old Oct 14, 17, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe a better way to ask it is, how do you use EF functionality when making paid-for reservations well in advance?
Personally, I use it to see available fares and to check the rules of cheaper fares to see whether/how/when I could build a trip to take advantage of them.

In addition, I check the expiry (or ticket by) dates of the fares so that I know how urgent the decision-making process is. (While fare rules are available via ITA as well, you can only see them after picking specific dates; EF allows the exploration process to be done in the opposite order.)

The availability displays then point me to the flights on which I'm likely to be able to get space, and identify flights which won't work for the fares I want to pay.

Minimum Connection Time information also helps me to build itineraries, if I'm dubious about the connections that are automatically offered.

And while personal schedules and flight timings are likely to dictate which flights I take, in the case of a dead heat then I might use seat maps to pick a flight that's got physical seats on the aircraft that I prefer.
Old Oct 14, 17, 9:00 pm

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Maybe a better way to ask it is, how do you use EF functionality when making paid-for reservations well in advance? Thanks.. Jon
I set up seat alerts for two reasons: 1) for desirable seats that were not available at time of booking. 2) for my own seat, so I can see if I've somehow been booted out of my seat.

I set up plane change alerts, so I can readily rebook my seat if I do not like the seat that I was given.

I use the tool to see seat maps.
Old Oct 15, 17, 9:37 am

Thank you Globaliser & 747FC..... Does EF cover BA? Thanks
Old Oct 15, 17, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does EF cover BA?
Yes, including availability in award booking classes.
Old Oct 15, 17, 1:25 pm

Thanks Globaliser
Old Oct 17, 17, 10:01 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat; Hyatt Discoverist; Marriott Titanium; Hertz Pres Cirlce
ExpertFlyer.com Bug?

Anyone else getting an error once logging-in to expertflyer.com? I only see masthead with this error "function() {/*document.write(' " then rest of page is blue.
Old Oct 17, 17, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by mh3265a View Post
Anyone else getting an error once logging-in to expertflyer.com? I only see masthead with this error "function() {/*document.write(' " then rest of page is blue.
No we have had no reports of that. Please try with a different browser/device or private browsing mode. If you still have an issue please email us directly for help - [email protected]

Search this Thread