FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1297709-expertflyer-com-help-desk-thread.html)

ExpertFlyer Voice Sep 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 28846487)
OK, with great hesitation, may I sneak in an EF related question? :D

I am looking at an itinerary which has 3 connections. What is the best way of checking if a specific fare code is available throughout? (EF Flight Availability form only allows for two connections,)

I can of course break the itinerary into two and check for each. However, I am not sure if those answers will apply when everything is put together.

The Flight Availability search has an "At least 2 connections" option. If 3 connections are required for an itinerary that's what will be returned, but the airline reservation systems won't purposefully return a 3 connection option if there are 2 connection options that are available.

However one thing you can try is specify "At least 2 connections" in the search then keep using the Get more results link at the bottom of the page and 3 connection options may show.

The Wolf Sep 25, 2017 1:19 am

Just switched from KVS to EF so will probably have to ask a few simple things now and then.

Regarding award availability - is there a possibility to search accross an alliance, for example all *A or OW availability between a certain city pair?

RodneyBD Sep 25, 2017 9:01 am

New premium subscriber to EF and have a newbie question that I can't find any in this thread or FT-
I'd like to run simple award seat searches to use flying blue mile for transatlantic flights for specific city pairs (and set inventory alerts), but there appears to be some limitations on searching KLM and AF X inventory? It appears X inventory is hidden and will always show up as zero? Or am I just doing something wrong? (apologies if has been covered and I didn't find it-)

Globaliser Sep 25, 2017 10:06 am

Originally Posted by RodneyBD (Post 28856222)
I'd like to run simple award seat searches to use avios for transatlantic flights for specific city pairs (and set inventory alerts), but there appears to be some limitations on searching KLM and AF X inventory? It appears X inventory is hidden and will always show up as zero?

Your use of the word "avios" caught my eye, because as far as I know you cannot use Avios (the currency of the frequent flyer schemes of British Airways, Iberia and Meridiana) to fly on Air France of KLM.

A quick random search for AF X class availability one-way CDG-JFK on 13 February 2018 showed plenty.

RodneyBD Sep 25, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks for the catch (not enough coffee this morning) and thanks for the reply, I must be doing something wrong- here are the results from a couple of inquiries for IAD to AMS on KL - I don't see any "X" inventory...
http://i63.tinypic.com/2vt1b90.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/30sa88y.jpg

However when I am logged in to AF and do an award search I found a classic award, see below. I finally just noticed the disclaimer about KLM searches and results inventory that may be available to Flying Blue members, is that what is happening here? Thanks for the assistance!^^^

http://i67.tinypic.com/1rrb52.jpg

ExpertFlyer Voice Sep 25, 2017 11:38 am

Originally Posted by RodneyBD (Post 28856679)
Thanks for the catch (not enough coffee this morning) and thanks for the reply, I must be doing something wrong- here are the results from a couple of inquiries for IAD to AMS on KL - I don't see any "X" inventory...

However when I am logged in to AF and do an award search I found a classic award, see below. I finally just noticed the disclaimer about KLM searches and results inventory that may be available to Flying Blue members, is that what is happening here? Thanks for the assistance!^^^

The answer is in the message in your screen shot:

"The KLM Award search shows partner award inventory. Availability to Flying Blue members may be greater."

As KLM is blocking Award Availability on its trans-Atlantic routes for alliance partners for some dates, that will be the result. You'll also note that the Delta award search also shows no award inventory for that flight.

RodneyBD Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Ok great thanks for helping me muddle through the interface... might be helpful to include the KLM notes along with the other notes you have compiled on other airlines:

https://www.expertflyer.com/popup/he...s.html#notesAF

flyerbobflyer Sep 25, 2017 4:21 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Be gentle with me...

I am looking at this flight:

Search: Departing PHX on 10/02/17 for SNA
Flying AA flight 1456 in Business/2-Cabin Domestic First, Economy

What the heck am I looking at, I have never seen this many "blocked" seats before? Is this a glitch or something else? Screenshot cuts off but the seats are blocked all the way to the last seat...

Ditto Sep 29, 2017 9:44 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 27953377)
I'm sorry but not at this time no.

Are there any plans to support this any time soon?

ExpertFlyer Voice Sep 29, 2017 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Ditto (Post 28873712)
Are there any plans to support this any time soon?

Nothing that we can share at this time.

bodory Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Keter (Post 28919156)
AF has started to publish fares in O class, in Europe and North Africa.
Though mileage earning will be adjusted I am sure (maybe already adjusted on some FB websites), but the concern is with taking space that would otherwise be available for awards.
Does AF have additional/ internall award inventory classes for classic awards? If so, then this will just reduce the availability for partners.
I do not fly AF a lot, so do not know what the impact to award availability of having fares in X class that happend longer time ago.

Dear ExpertFlyer,

In another thread it is confirmed AF is now using O class for revenue tickets in addition to award ones.

Will the tool manage the difference between the two types of tickets?

Thanks

ExpertFlyer Voice Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 28919456)
Dear ExpertFlyer,

In another thread it is confirmed AF is now using O class for revenue tickets in addition to award ones.

Will the tool manage the difference between the two types of tickets?

Thanks

Reading the other thread it's not clear there will be two different O inventory classes. If you find an example where there is an O "fare" for sale but not O award inventory please email us directly, thanks.

MarJon Oct 13, 2017 9:29 am

Is ExpertFlyer worth the $$ for me?

I understand how ExpertFlyer can help when looking for an award seat, but how is the Basic or Pro version useful to me when I typically book flights several months out? Is it worth the $ for this type of usage?

Thanks, Jon

MarJon Oct 14, 2017 7:43 am

Did I not pose the question clearly or is there simply no value to ExpertFlyer other than Awards and Sysups for people that book flights well in advance? Thanks -Jon

Globaliser Oct 14, 2017 10:38 am

Originally Posted by MarJon (Post 28931486)
Did I not pose the question clearly or is there simply no value to ExpertFlyer other than Awards and Sysups for people that book flights well in advance?

Personally, I'm really not sure what you're asking.

I sometimes book tickets as much as 355 days in advance, and I think that there is plenty of value in a paid subscription. It's got far more than availability information, but sometimes even 355 days out inventory is scarce and needs hunting down.

Only you can know what you want out of EF, given all the different kinds of information it provides which help with many aspects of the travel process. How much of it do you want, and how much of it would you use?