FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Award booking services - a list and some reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1296363-award-booking-services-list-some-reviews.html)

sidestep Oct 19, 2012 3:01 pm

PremierAwardBookings

www.premierawardbookings.com

Hello

I recently found these guys and they helped me book a one way LH biz (747-8i and A380) to SIN. Somehow they were able to get me a one night >24 hours stopover in SIN on my way to Rangoon on SQ. I want a First class ticket and i know LH does not release F until a week or so before, so they are still monitoring availability for me.

Great guys, responded back within 24 hours like promised and was given a friends and family discount (if anyone would like it PM me and i will share)

travelkid Oct 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by sidestep (Post 19528177)
www.premierawardbookings.com

Hello

I recently found these guys and they helped me book a one way LH biz (747-8i and A380) to SIN. Somehow they were able to get me a one night >24 hours stopover in SIN on my way to Rangoon on SQ. I want a First class ticket and i know LH does not release F until a week or so before, so they are still monitoring availability for me.

Great guys, responded back within 24 hours like promised and was given a friends and family discount (if anyone would like it PM me and i will share)

OP updated^

cmh flyer Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am

Well, I think for the first time I may need some expertise but it's confusing as to which service to choose to contact.

I have only Delta miles but plenty of them since they're so hard to use. :D

I've booked other tickets using miles for a first class award for my husband, while purchasing an upgradeable fare for myself, using one of my SWUs. And I'm not complaining about finding a low level award; I guess I no longer expect that with Delta.

Our Ideal Goal - Outbound: CMH - LIH on 2/8/13 in first and I don't care what cities we go through. It just needs to be in first because my husband is large, doesn't like to fly, so I need to get him in first. Return: 2/23/13 KOA - CMH and here I'd like to get in first on DL 836 (HNL-ATL) with the lie flat BE seats for the overnight return. He's never experienced the lie flat seats and I'd like for him to be able to do so on the return. If need be, we could come home a day or so later. I'm beginning to think I may have to give up on my return goal.

I am a Expert Flyer premium member but must admit that I've rarely used it because i've not found it to be very useful for Delta flights since it can't do awards any better than the Delta site.

sidestep Oct 30, 2012 7:26 am

Points Pros

Points Pros is not taking service requests at this time.
No mention of when they will accept new clients.

"Hi there:

Thanks for the request. However, we are quite busy and unable to take on requests. My apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,
Alex and The PointsPros Team"

travelkid Oct 30, 2012 7:34 am

Originally Posted by sidestep (Post 19591428)
Points Pros

Points Pros is not taking service requests at this time.
No mention of when they will accept new clients.

"Hi there:

Thanks for the request. However, we are quite busy and unable to take on requests. My apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,
Alex and The PointsPros Team"

I will update with such issues when reported, however if they become to frequent Id rather recommend you send your request to a few services.

sidestep Oct 30, 2012 7:40 am

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 19591468)
I will update with such issues when reported, however if they become to frequent Id rather recommendyou send your request to a few services.

Understood, thought i would let the community know so they dont waste time waiting to hear from a response back that they cant help.

yerffej201 Nov 2, 2012 4:25 pm

Award Booking Services

I think this falls under MilesBuzz right?
I'm just interested in how they work. So they take your account and book for you? Aren't there privacy issues?
And, also considering most services operate blogs, isn't their service the exact opposite of what their blogs attempt to provide?

Just wanted to throw that out there.

thetravelman Nov 2, 2012 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 19613512)
I'm just interested in how they work. So they take your account and book for you? Aren't there privacy issues?
And, also considering most services operate blogs, isn't their service the exact opposite of what their blogs attempt to provide?

Just wanted to throw that out there.

I find them quite useful. However, if you have a pretty simple itinerary, it’s best to do it yourself and safe the money. As for privacy, I haven’t had any issues and I was recommended a particular service. I’m sure there are others that can share their experiences.

mnscout Nov 2, 2012 5:05 pm

They want your business and they want you to be happy with their services. I seriously doubt they would steal your info and sell it to crooks, but if you are still mindful of this possibility, I'm sure they can find a way to accommodate your concerns. Work with the ones who are the members of this community.

samineni3 Nov 2, 2012 5:10 pm

Please anyone can tell me how they work or operate and would like use them in near future. I would like get an idea what information they need in order to book award travel. Is there any assurance and do they call airlines as an agent.

Thanks

foofiter Nov 2, 2012 5:23 pm

I run an award booking service of my own.

Most of the time the info I need to book for someone is the following:

1. Frequent Flyer Account login info. I always suggest changing to a temporary password for the booking and then change back once complete.
2. Date of Birth
3. Name as it appears on passport for international bookings.

I take somewhat of a risk by paying the taxes and fees on a booking for you with my own credit card. I invoice you via paypal and include the taxes that I paid on your behalf. I have little choice as I have very few clients who want to give me their CC #.

If you want more info feel free to send me a DM. I don't want to violate any flyertalk rules by posting something that would be considered spam.

samineni3 Nov 2, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for your response. Sent a PM.:cool:

Originally Posted by foofiter (Post 19613758)
I run an award booking service of my own.

Most of the time the info I need to book for someone is the following:

1. Frequent Flyer Account login info. I always suggest changing to a temporary password for the booking and then change back once complete.
2. Date of Birth
3. Name as it appears on passport for international bookings.

I take somewhat of a risk by paying the taxes and fees on a booking for you with my own credit card. I invoice you via paypal and include the taxes that I paid on your behalf. I have little choice as I have very few clients who want to give me their CC #.;):cool:

If you want more info feel free to send me a DM. I don't want to violate any flyertalk rules by posting something that would be considered spam.

FlyerChrisK Nov 2, 2012 7:53 pm

Outside of your name, you could hand a summary of your account balances to a booking service and they could give the flights with the award inventory you're interested in, leaving it up to you to actually call the airline and book.

This would eliminate some, but not all of the problems that lead people to seek out award booking services in the first place.

The blogs very commonly teach people how to accumulate miles in the first place (that will then need to be burned with awards). Some specialize in product reviews, which can lead to readers making flying LH F and stopping by the FRA FCT an aspiration.

foofiter Nov 2, 2012 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK (Post 19614406)
Outside of your name, you could hand a summary of your account balances to a booking service and they could give the flights with the award inventory you're interested in, leaving it up to you to actually call the airline and book.

This would eliminate some, but not all of the problems that lead people to seek out award booking services in the first place.

Correct!

I have had several clients who wanted help finding space on flights that would get them where they wanted to go in Business or First Class.

I help find that space and when it opens up they call the airlines to book the tickets based on the instructions and info I give them as they weren't comfortable handing over their account login credentials. We do all the hard work and you just call and book the ticket!

Secondly sending your current miles/points account balances lets us know not only where to start looking but also we can help you get points you may lack for a booking.

This is not limited to credit cards as their are lots of other ways to get miles and points!

Foo

nature1370 Nov 2, 2012 8:10 pm

I just dont get why people are paying a high amount of fees ($100-$150) for such simple mouse clicks and searches. Is it really hard to learn all the tricks? From my point of view, they are easy like baby steps. If you do not have search tools like them, just sign up for expertflyer site or buy some special searching tools advertised here on FT. Besides, you are safe with your private information. It is much better with the idea "they can do it, you can do it too". Your personal information is important and think carefully before giving it to a random dude on the internet. You never know what they are going to do with that information. Oh well, this is my opinion and correct me if you have good views on this.