Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Award booking services - a list and some reviews

Award booking services - a list and some reviews

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 15, 18, 12:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: foofiter
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: Signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post.
Members with 90 posts and 90 days on FlyerTalk can edit this Wikipost to update.

This list is not an endorsement of any particular award booking service.
Please do your research and read this thread.

See the FT Disclaimers for disclaimer of responsibility for use of these services, etc.
Please add other services and options you know about to this wiki.
Also, please post any personal experiences you may have with any of these services in this thread.

Award booking services (alphabetical):
  • Award Advocate - Domestic $100 p/p International $125 p/p, no additional charge for last minute. Changes $50. Also 10% discount for families traveling with children and active military
  • AwardBird - Economy: $39 for the 1st passenger and $19 for each additional; Business/First: $69 for the 1st passenger and $39 for each additional
  • Award Booking Service - $25 up front search fee plus $150/ticket & $49 per 30-minute skype consultations (ask anything!)
  • Award Butler - Award Search: $79 for up to two passengers; flight info provided but does not include booking. Booking starting at $149 for first two passengers.
  • Award Chaser - Search fee starting at $79. Itinerary only - no booking provided
  • Awarding Canada - Specializing in awards for Canadians, especially with Aeroplan, but with expertise available for anyone, worldwide. $150CAD for first passenger, $100CAD per passenger thereafter. Infants charged $25 instead. 2% discount if paid by Interace-Transfer.
  • Award Guru - $100 flat fee. Unlimited number of passengers. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Award Planners - One way $129, additional person $99; Round trip $199, additional person $99; Multi City $249 additional person $149
  • Award Travel Consulting - Award Search: $125/person; Booking ticket: $75/itinerary; changes: new trip
  • Awardmagic - $179 per person OW/RT plus one stop or $279 per person for three or more destinations
  • Awards & Travel - (iqbalt from FT) $100 for the first person; $50 for additional personnel. Explorer and RTW awards will be $200/ per person. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Book Your Award - (Gary Leff/View From The Wing): Booking: $185 per person; changes: $75 per person, each way
  • Boundless Miles - (Dominik Żmuda/Travelling the World): Booking: $50 USD per passenger, $25 change/cancellation fee per passenger
  • CabinChief - Bookings are $49 per pax
  • Cranky Concierge - $75 per person each way domestic; $95 per person each way international
  • First Class and Beyond - "Concierge-style" bookings. Fee is based on the value of the retail ticket, $250/person minimum.
  • Flightfox - Consultative flight searching; fees start at $100 (requires credit card authorization up front)
  • iflywithmiles.com - (Mike/Melissa): 150 USD first person, 85 for additional person on same itin. Change fees vary.
  • JJ Award Travel - $175 for the first person/$75 each additional. Complex awards more. Currently giving 10% discount when you mention FT. 20% off per referral.
  • Juicy Miles - (Adam/Point Me to the Plane): $125 per person for the first two travelers. $100 per each additional traveler. For Round-the-World (RTW) awards, pricing will vary
  • Loophole Travel - Award Travel Coaching $150 for first passenger and $100 for each additional passenger. Points Earning and MS Coaching also available.
  • Luxury Travel Consulting - (Jasper2009 on Flyertalk): $150 per person per ticket
  • MilesConcierge - (callmedtop on FT) "High-touch" award bookings, emphasizing personalized engagement for every customer. $125 for first passenger, $100 for each additional. Not accepting new bookings as of 23-June-2018
  • MilesElite - $99 for award search and $149 for award search and booking. No such domain as of 23-June-2018
  • Miles Help - Domestic: $100 OW; $140 RT/complex. International: $150 OW; $200 RT/complex. $50 each additional person
  • Miles Momma Booking Services - Airline Booking: $200 up to 2 passengers. $75 additional passengers. $50 non-refundable up front. Changes $50
  • MileValue Award Booking Service - (Scott Grimmer): Booking: $125 per person per award; $15 up front. Full payment required for successful search even if not booked. Change fee not currently listed; previously $79
  • PMM Travel Consulting - (Miguel R. Quinones/AwardWallet Blog): Booking: $125 per passenger for the first two, $99 for each additional. Additional charges for complex itineraries. Credit card advice and travel planning services.
  • PointsPros - (Ben Schlappig/One Mile At A Time): Booking: $300 first passenger, changes: $100
  • Reward Flyer - Domestic: $50 first person; $25 each additional person. International: $100 first person; $50 each additional person
  • Shrewd Travel - (skyvanman on FT) Booking: $250 per person; changes: varies; Available via phone or e-mail or even FT PM. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • SFO777.com - (SFO777 on FT) Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary
  • The Flying Mustache - $100 per ticket; additional fees for more than eight segments. Change fees vary
  • The Points Jet Setter - $150 for the first passenger and $75 per each additional passenger. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Upgrd Awards - (MatthewLAX on FT, Live and Let's Fly blog) $150 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; $250 per person for RTW; changes $75 but can vary. $50/ticket booking fee
  • zainman - FT member since 2009. Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary, consultant services for $ as well
  • Zero Hassle Rewards - $100 per person. Discounts for domestic and one-way
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 20, 14, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Exclamation You shouldn't direct your clients to leave reviews in this thread!

Originally Posted by JuicyMiles View Post
At the end of our booking process or post trip, we receive emails from clients asking where they can leave a review. Our website currently has no review section and so we send them a link to this thread. The clients who left these reviews happened to not be FlyerTalk members (I think it says a lot that they took the time to sign-up just to submit the review). A review section will be coming in the next Juicy Miles iteration.
(Bolding mine)

If the review section will be coming in your next iteration, that's where and how you should instruct your clients to leave reviews, not FT. You are literally abusing FT as your own "playground" by directing your clients to this particular thread on FT in the correspondences you send to your clients. That's very bad business practice if you ask me.

FT is NOT Amazon.com where customers leave feedback for the products they buy from Amazon. Not to mention it's you who are selling services and FT isn't part of your site/business.

Originally Posted by JuicyMiles View Post
We never felt the need to create a specific business account for FlyerTalk...
If so, why are you comfortable using FT for your own commercial gain?

FYI. In the eyes of savvy FTers, positive reviews for any particular service/website from newbies and/or one-time posters only carry as much weight as spammers. And here on FT, we don't welcome spammers.
Old Aug 20, 14, 6:28 pm

Thank you RewardFlyer for your response. Anyone else care to share an opinion?
Old Aug 29, 14, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by doctorav View Post
I ended up booking a ticket with Cathay Pacific from LAX to Hong Kong, I will be spending about 12 hours there, and then flying from Hong Kong to India.
Hope you didn't end up paying more miles as a routing like that requires two awards. A journey from North America to India must be transatlantic per AAdvantage, otherwise they'll charge you the USA-Asia and Asia-India routing separately.

Last edited by RewardFlyer; Sep 3, 14 at 11:09 pm Reason: Changed the word "Europe" to "transatlantic"
Old Sep 3, 14, 2:23 pm

Hi All,

Myself and belfordrocks have just launched a travel concierge site, which include an award booking service. You can check it out at http://flighthacks.com.

Last edited by yerffej201; Sep 3, 14 at 9:49 pm
Old Sep 3, 14, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Starriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RewardFlyer View Post
Hope you didn't end up paying more miles as a routing like that requires two awards. A journey from North America to India must transit via Europe per AAdvantage, otherwise they'll charge you the USA-Asia and Asia-India routing separately.
False. US-India routings via Middle East (even on EY) have been pricing as one ticket.
Old Sep 3, 14, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
False. US-India routings via Middle East (even on EY) have been pricing as one ticket.
Instead of "Europe" we should've used "transatlantic".

In any event we weren't questioning that part of the routing but rather the transpacific routing where AAdvantage requires two awards.
Old Sep 5, 14, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Folks,
My website is up and running for Award Bookings (http://www.awardsandtravel.com)
Old Sep 13, 14, 9:37 am

Hi! I have just joined FT have over 1 million miles and would like to start planning my next trip to Asia for next year for my family. Does anyone have any recommendations for award booking services specialized in Aeroplan or Canadian awards? People who have used any of the above who can provide some good feedback for someone in my situation

Mike
Old Sep 13, 14, 2:31 pm

Thank you all for your proposals. I decided to go with Alex from Easy Award Booking. I will update when everything is complete
Old Sep 14, 14, 12:43 pm

Programs: 75K AS, IHG/SPG
Normally I do all this myself and nice to see some of these services here. Certainly looks pricing is fair for how much time I've put into this for past trips.

Question: I'm seeing that most posters use the services to find seats for families well in advance. Any experience / recos with building more complex routings for a solo traveler in near-term (1-3 months out)? I'm planning Dec-Jan travel and this time I'd like to outsource my mileage usage & optimization.
Old Sep 14, 14, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold..Flying the world in Business and First Class only
Originally Posted by leland View Post
Normally I do all this myself and nice to see some of these services here. Certainly looks pricing is fair for how much time I've put into this for past trips.

Question: I'm seeing that most posters use the services to find seats for families well in advance. Any experience / recos with building more complex routings for a solo traveler in near-term (1-3 months out)? I'm planning Dec-Jan travel and this time I'd like to outsource my mileage usage & optimization.
It depends when and where you are after going. Of course if you wish to go to Australia you might have missed the boat without multiple connections. You will probably have more luck around 15 days prior to travel if you can leave it that late. Again it depends when/where you are looking at travelling
Old Sep 15, 14, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by leland View Post

As noted above, depends on your dates and destination. If it is over Christmas/New Years, I wouldn't expect any miracles. I was researching in August for November availability and found some options that worked. Good luck
Old Sep 25, 14, 8:49 am

Programs: UAL Silver Hilton Diamond Hyatt Plat
Am I a good candidate?

I'm trying to consider if I should use an award booking service or not, perhaps someone could give me some advice.

I have always booked award travel myself. My husband, once having flown TATL in business/first claims he will never go back to Economy. Puts more pressure on me to build miles but I have the time & inclination.

I'm planning a trip for myself & my mom next October, a cruise from Venice to Athens. I begin my travels in GJT (Colorado) and mom begins hers in Chicago. I've begun looking at United Award availability to get a general idea of what's been out there as far as routing & pricing. This is my first experience of not finding United Business availability virtually at all, just First and Star Alliance Business, all at considerably more miles.

So my real need for assistance is obtaining TATL in United Business and coordinating she and I's maximum traveling together.

Am I a good candidate for an award traveling service or is my request easy enough to do myself, probably not in Business but in First?

I appreciate any insight given!
Old Oct 10, 14, 4:10 pm

Review of Easy Award Booking

So I just finished two bookings with Alex from www.easyawardbooking.com. I will be honest I decided to go with him since he was one of the cheapest and I could not justify paying more $$$.

This was by far the best money I think I have ever spent on a travel service. Alex helped me from A-Z. From the moment I sent him the email he was able to not just offer his advice however really help with different destinations for my family to travel to Asia. He was also able to help me with hotels and everything in-between including seat selection, getting to and from the airport as well as must sees in each city we are going to. I think what really stood out was the how fast he responded to email and calls. I did not have to wait days for a response. He was also professional as well. However many questions I asked him he always answered. Finally he was able to suggest multiple hotels for each city and was able to book Virtuoso hotels which I know can sometimes be difficult to find a good agent. He is clearly one of the best and could not recommend his services more!

Finally I had to make a quick trip to Europe for some Business and took my wife along with me. I looked on Air Canada and found the prices quite high. There was some AC availability however Alex suggested to take Swiss (which I know is difficult to come by) and stoped off in Paris for a couple of days. The Swiss flight was out of this world and I am so happy I went for that option over AC. Since he helped us book two one ways he was able to book us on LH F on the way back.

Anyway I am more than happy to recommend him

Mike
Old Oct 13, 14, 2:26 am

Next year I am planning a trip from China to Scotland possibly with stopovers in Nuremberg and Stockholm. I have miles at various programs I want to burn, so I might well try one of these services (or book it myself....)

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: