Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Award booking services - a list and some reviews

Award booking services - a list and some reviews

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 15, 18, 12:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: foofiter
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: Signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post.
Members with 90 posts and 90 days on FlyerTalk can edit this Wikipost to update.

This list is not an endorsement of any particular award booking service.
Please do your research and read this thread.

See the FT Disclaimers for disclaimer of responsibility for use of these services, etc.
Please add other services and options you know about to this wiki.
Also, please post any personal experiences you may have with any of these services in this thread.

Award booking services (alphabetical):
  • Award Advocate - Domestic $100 p/p International $125 p/p, no additional charge for last minute. Changes $50. Also 10% discount for families traveling with children and active military
  • AwardBird - Economy: $39 for the 1st passenger and $19 for each additional; Business/First: $69 for the 1st passenger and $39 for each additional
  • Award Booking Service - $25 up front search fee plus $150/ticket & $49 per 30-minute skype consultations (ask anything!)
  • Award Butler - Award Search: $79 for up to two passengers; flight info provided but does not include booking. Booking starting at $149 for first two passengers.
  • Award Chaser - Search fee starting at $79. Itinerary only - no booking provided
  • Awarding Canada - Specializing in awards for Canadians, especially with Aeroplan, but with expertise available for anyone, worldwide. $150CAD for first passenger, $100CAD per passenger thereafter. Infants charged $25 instead. 2% discount if paid by Interace-Transfer.
  • Award Guru - $100 flat fee. Unlimited number of passengers. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Award Planners - One way $129, additional person $99; Round trip $199, additional person $99; Multi City $249 additional person $149
  • Award Travel Consulting - Award Search: $125/person; Booking ticket: $75/itinerary; changes: new trip
  • Awardmagic - $179 per person OW/RT plus one stop or $279 per person for three or more destinations
  • Awards & Travel - (iqbalt from FT) $100 for the first person; $50 for additional personnel. Explorer and RTW awards will be $200/ per person. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Book Your Award - (Gary Leff/View From The Wing): Booking: $185 per person; changes: $75 per person, each way
  • Boundless Miles - (Dominik Żmuda/Travelling the World): Booking: $50 USD per passenger, $25 change/cancellation fee per passenger
  • CabinChief - Bookings are $49 per pax
  • Cranky Concierge - $75 per person each way domestic; $95 per person each way international
  • First Class and Beyond - "Concierge-style" bookings. Fee is based on the value of the retail ticket, $250/person minimum.
  • Flightfox - Consultative flight searching; fees start at $100 (requires credit card authorization up front)
  • iflywithmiles.com - (Mike/Melissa): 150 USD first person, 85 for additional person on same itin. Change fees vary.
  • JJ Award Travel - $175 for the first person/$75 each additional. Complex awards more. Currently giving 10% discount when you mention FT. 20% off per referral.
  • Juicy Miles - (Adam/Point Me to the Plane): $125 per person for the first two travelers. $100 per each additional traveler. For Round-the-World (RTW) awards, pricing will vary
  • Loophole Travel - Award Travel Coaching $150 for first passenger and $100 for each additional passenger. Points Earning and MS Coaching also available.
  • Luxury Travel Consulting - (Jasper2009 on Flyertalk): $150 per person per ticket
  • MilesConcierge - (callmedtop on FT) "High-touch" award bookings, emphasizing personalized engagement for every customer. $125 for first passenger, $100 for each additional. Not accepting new bookings as of 23-June-2018
  • MilesElite - $99 for award search and $149 for award search and booking. No such domain as of 23-June-2018
  • Miles Help - Domestic: $100 OW; $140 RT/complex. International: $150 OW; $200 RT/complex. $50 each additional person
  • Miles Momma Booking Services - Airline Booking: $200 up to 2 passengers. $75 additional passengers. $50 non-refundable up front. Changes $50
  • MileValue Award Booking Service - (Scott Grimmer): Booking: $125 per person per award; $15 up front. Full payment required for successful search even if not booked. Change fee not currently listed; previously $79
  • PMM Travel Consulting - (Miguel R. Quinones/AwardWallet Blog): Booking: $125 per passenger for the first two, $99 for each additional. Additional charges for complex itineraries. Credit card advice and travel planning services.
  • PointsPros - (Ben Schlappig/One Mile At A Time): Booking: $300 first passenger, changes: $100
  • Reward Flyer - Domestic: $50 first person; $25 each additional person. International: $100 first person; $50 each additional person
  • Shrewd Travel - (skyvanman on FT) Booking: $250 per person; changes: varies; Available via phone or e-mail or even FT PM. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • SFO777.com - (SFO777 on FT) Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary
  • The Flying Mustache - $100 per ticket; additional fees for more than eight segments. Change fees vary
  • The Points Jet Setter - $150 for the first passenger and $75 per each additional passenger. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Upgrd Awards - (MatthewLAX on FT, Live and Let's Fly blog) $150 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; $250 per person for RTW; changes $75 but can vary. $50/ticket booking fee
  • zainman - FT member since 2009. Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary, consultant services for $ as well
  • Zero Hassle Rewards - $100 per person. Discounts for domestic and one-way
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 27, 13, 1:52 pm

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
It's not response time 15+ days, it's wait time 15+ days.
Any practical difference for the client?

Should you wish to use a pay your own price award booking service, you use me. Should you wish to pay hundred+ bucks if you don't want to be in the queue, then use someone else.
As always there is no such thing as a free lunch. Such a long wait may see you loose those award seats you otherwise could have gotten, and in worst case force you to buy tickets meaning this free deal may cost you more than a lot $-wise.
Old Jul 27, 13, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
Any practical difference for the client?

As always there is no such thing as a free lunch. Such a long wait may see you loose those award seats you otherwise could have gotten, and in worst case force you to buy tickets meaning this free deal may cost you more than a lot $-wise.
I make it very clear that should they have an urgent request to find someone else.
Old Jul 27, 13, 5:45 pm

I make it very clear that should they have an urgent request to find someone else.
15 days+ response is far from urgent.

Not sure if your double emoticons are symbolizing any customer service level above the slow response to be expected, but as always- buyers be aware.

Its as stated not only about being urgent, but as well about seats disappearing, making the total far more expensive for the client needing to buy tickets instead, among other issues.

I guess there is no more point bumping this thread for the sake of marketing your service. And dont get me wrong. I appreciate any free alternatives, and I just want to point out the disadvantages of such service, if they are not clear enough.

And I just hope that this is not a marketing platform, where you after getting clients will start to charge all, or offer a more costly premium service etc. IMO.

Last edited by travelkid; Jul 28, 13 at 4:12 pm Reason: added "y"
Old Jul 28, 13, 4:17 pm

You are misunderstanding what I am saying.
I respond to requests within 48 hours. I will tell them that if they want to continue the request, expect to wait 15+ days in the queue. I'm not even accepting their request at that point, so there are no issues associated with customer service or losing seats because until I accept the request there is no searching.

As I said should the client need seats urgently they should go find someone else.
Thanks for highlighting my point

Personally I would never use any award searcher who claims there is no issue with potentially loosing any seats if you wait 15 days. Lets please end this partly off topic discussion. Anyone wants to use his service after reading this, will just contact you. Straightforward. Good luck.
Old Jul 28, 13, 5:30 pm

Thanks for highlighting my point

Personally I would never use any award searcher who claims there is no issue with potentially loosing any seats if you wait 15 days. Lets please end this partly off topic discussion. Anyone wants to use his service after reading this, will just contact you. Straightforward. Good luck.
I am not saying that there is not seats that are going to be lost if you have to wait 15 days. If your request is urgent, then contact someone else. That is honestly all I can say. There is no issue with my service. period.

If you want to stop what you claim as off topic discussion, then you can stop replying to my posts.
Old Jul 31, 13, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
I recently used http://www.worldclassperks.com/ with great results
Old Aug 4, 13, 2:24 am

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I recommend worldclassperks

I had a GREAT experience with http://www.worldclassperks.com/ [email protected]. He explored multiple routes for me. We exchanged 20 emails over 2-3 days and he offered twice to walk me through options on the phone. Very responsive. And for me, that matters.

I had a POOR experience with UPGRD.com -- initial email contact, followed by silence and un-returned emails
Old Aug 5, 13, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

shanshan, I appreciate your comment and regret our service did not meet your expectations. I was prompt to address your request and was working on your tickets when I noticed your post here on Flyertalk. Though I would welcome the opportunity to work with you again, I would appreciate next time if you contact me first if you felt I was taking too long to address your award trip, particularly when I provided a detailed e-mail update that I was assembling itineraries for you at the "saver" levels that most effectively used your points such that you would not have to use standard awards. I was taking a bar exam (which is thankfully over!) and thus my works hours were more limited last week. I am back on a full-time schedule now. I am glad your trip is now booked.

-Matthew
Old Aug 5, 13, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
shanshan, I appreciate your comment and regret our service did not meet your expectations. I was prompt to address your request and was working on your tickets when I noticed your post here on Flyertalk. Though I would welcome the opportunity to work with you again, I would appreciate next time if you contact me first if you felt I was taking too long to address your award trip, particularly when I provided a detailed e-mail update that I was assembling itineraries for you at the "saver" levels that most effectively used your points such that you would not have to use standard awards. I was taking a bar exam (which is thankfully over!) and thus my works hours were more limited last week. I am back on a full-time schedule now. I am glad your trip is now booked.

-Matthew
I think this proves that all these services are side businesses, so you need to contact more or have a dedicated relation if your booking is urgent.

Even the best services can be unavailable for a few days. They travel as well
Old Aug 5, 13, 7:03 pm

Outside of this thread, is there a yelp/tripadvisor for award booking services?
Old Aug 5, 13, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by shanshan View Post
I had a GREAT experience with http://www.worldclassperks.com/ [email protected]. He explored multiple routes for me. We exchanged 20 emails over 2-3 days and he offered twice to walk me through options on the phone. Very responsive. And for me, that matters.

I had a POOR experience with UPGRD.com -- initial email contact, followed by silence and un-returned emails
MY only issue with World Class Perks was that he was faster than I thought and almost pushy, as in "Hey I found what you are looking for lets book right now." I expected the process to take longer. I was busy at the time I could not respond as quick as he would have liked?

In the end I got 2 awesome tickets far cheaper than I thought.
Old Aug 5, 13, 8:35 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
How do you know that more award seats might not become available 15 days after you ask about an award? It can work both ways. Not all award inventory is made available 330 days out.
Old Aug 6, 13, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by fti View Post
How do you know that more award seats might not become available 15 days after you ask about an award? It can work both ways. Not all award inventory is made available 330 days out.
Absolutely, lots of seats are releaesd close to departure. Thats a strategy if you want to risk that, but cetainly not seats to expect if they are that slow in response
Old Aug 6, 13, 3:32 pm
Community Director

I would also say that conversely, when an award booking service has found award seats, they might encourage the traveler to book quickly to avoid losing those seats. When I find long haul F seats, I'm almost frantic to get on the phone asap before they disappear. Here's an example. I wanted F for two people from LHR-LAX on OneWorld. There are 3 BA and 1 AA flights a day. I had been monitoring the route daily. 8 months ago, I found 1 seat each on the 3 BA flights. I grabbed 2 of the 3, putting my husband and I on separate flights. I thought surely in 8 months a 2nd seat would open up on the other's flight. I set up an awardnexus search. It never happened. We flew separate flights two weeks ago.
Old Aug 18, 13, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by newaarondavidson View Post
MY only issue with World Class Perks was that he was faster than I thought and almost pushy, as in "Hey I found what you are looking for lets book right now." I expected the process to take longer. I was busy at the time I could not respond as quick as he would have liked?

In the end I got 2 awesome tickets far cheaper than I thought.
Aaron - Thank you for your sincere review and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I'm sorry you thought I wanted to get you booked sooner than you had expected. The service I provide is the service I expect from my service providers.

I try and book travel as soon as it's possible for reasons that others have shared on this forum. The primarily being that we may loose seats. I've seen that happen more often than not and we have to go back to the drawing board to review the information again.

I strive on getting award travel booked within 24-48 hours.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: