Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yesitshere
It would be nice if the flight info (of the flights found), wouldn't just be a popup on click, but something that could stay open for comparison (with the other flights found by nexus) and for ctrl+c/v purposes.
Stay tuned. I am finishing up a new view option that will include most of the flight information, at a glance.

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Likewise BA only ever shows the first 2 flights of the day on KA for PEK/HKG. That's all that shows on their web site and all their agents can see when I call. Yet CX will usually have availability throughout the day.
I have noticed something similar myself, where BA.com often doesn't show some CX flights that are available on HKG-TPE.

BTW I am still getting that message about attempting to do things I shouldn't have. It happens whenever I have logged into and out of my work VPN - even when I was logged out of Award Nexus at the time. The first attempt to log in gives the message, the 2nd works fine.
Unfortunately, that is part of the security framework of the site, which restricts unusual requests. I did tweaked the error page to make it less scary and added a link for you to quickly go back and re-try.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In the other direction (i.e. seats showing on ANA but not visible to other airlines) I have been monitoring *A availability for SHA/PEK and often get F flights on FM's first and last flights of the day. But BD can usually only see economy and if they try to book them suddenly they get a "waitlisted" message.
I had a similar experience when trying to get BD to include a SHA-PEK segment on an international award last week.

The only way you have a prayer in that situation is to get a BD supervisor to make the waitlisted segment show up on your itin. Once you do this, bugging CA/FM can yield positive results.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:19 pm
soy

Programs: various
There are reports in this forum of married segments appearing especialy for LH, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...trictions.html
I would assume that this is the source of the problems on the HKG-FRA-BRU query
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Seeing one peculiar response while searching for Seoul-Tokyo awards on JL. Now, GMP, ICN are 2 airports for Seoul; HND, NRT for Tokyo:

When I search for GMP-HND, I get an error message saying GMP is not supported.

When I search for ICN-NRT, I get results for both ICN-NRT and GMP-HND.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aktchi
Seeing one peculiar response while searching for Seoul-Tokyo awards on JL. Now, GMP, ICN are 2 airports for Seoul; HND, NRT for Tokyo:

When I search for GMP-HND, I get an error message saying GMP is not supported.

When I search for ICN-NRT, I get results for both ICN-NRT and GMP-HND.
Sorry, I hadn't created the mapping for GMP, that's why you got the unsupported message.

GMP is now mapped internally in ANX.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:34 am

This is way cool! I particularly like the way after you make your first line of choices (search engines and fare class), all the lines below are immediately filled in. Then when you do the outbound, so is the return. Neat.

I wish I had discovered this a couple of months ago. I gave up on ANA and was calling UAL every day or two. In the end, and getting within 6 weeks of departure, I have found my business class seats. This tool would have saved me lots of time. It also showed just now that there were no seats on my outbound day (3 weeks from today) but there were on my return (7 weeks).

Thank you.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I'm seeing a weird error.

I search for award space starting July 8, 2011 and it returns 0 availability for September 2010.

According to ANA there is availability for the dates, class and number of tickets.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I'm seeing a weird error.

I search for award space starting July 8, 2011 and it returns 0 availability for September 2010.

According to ANA there is availability for the dates, class and number of tickets.
Sorry, a few minutes ago, there was an error in the backend and I had to restart it, thus some searches produced no results (i.e. no segment listed on the left).

Please try again.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
:-:
Originally Posted by ckpeter
Sorry, a few minutes ago, there was an error in the backend and I had to restart it, thus some searches produced no results (i.e. no segment listed on the left).

Please try again.
It is all good :-:

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, DL, AA
Hi ckpeter,

First of all I wanted to thank you for all your hard work, I just signed up today and am excited about all the potential I see for saving time and covering all my angles.
I noticed the following issue when trying some sample searches for CX availability;
When searching on BA.com for JFK-HKG in Business for this next week I found availability on 9/21 for 2 flights on CX and on 9/22 for 1 flight on CX.
When using ANX with only the "Oneworld BA" checked off I searched for 9/18 +7 days it only returned 9/18 for a BA flight connecting through LHR and nothing for any of the next 7 days. the link to my search results;
http://p1.awardnexus.com/collage/vie...00fa14d00020bc

Thanks for your input.

Edit-it gets even more confusing, When I did the same search on ANX with a date of 9/19 +7 it showed me two BA options on 9/19 (that6 didnt show when I was searching 9/18 +7), and on 9/21 it gave me the 2 CX flights and on 9/22 it gave me all 3 CX flights.
When I go back to BA.com I cant find any CX anymore on 9/22.

Last edited by Mikeoracle; Sep 15, 2010 at 2:15 pm Reason: Additional search on ANX 9/19 +7
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mikeoracle
I noticed the following issue when trying some sample searches for CX availability;
When searching on BA.com for JFK-HKG in Business for this next week I found availability on 9/21 for 2 flights on CX and on 9/22 for 1 flight on CX.
When using ANX with only the "Oneworld BA" checked off I searched for 9/18 +7 days it only returned 9/18 for a BA flight connecting through LHR and nothing for any of the next 7 days...
Can you double check your results on BA.com? I did the same search, on BA.com, for JFK-HKG starting 9/18 for 1 business seat, and got no CX flights at all from Sep 18 - Oct 2 (only the one BA option, above, shows).

It is possible that between the time you searched with BA.com and ANX, CX availability may have changed. If you did a search and still see discrepancy, please let me know.

Thanks for your report, and welcome!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:29 pm

Can you double check your results on BA.com? I did the same search, on BA.com, for JFK-HKG starting 9/18 for 1 business seat, and got no CX flights at all from Sep 18 - Oct 2 (only the one BA option, above, shows).

It is possible that between the time you searched with BA.com and ANX, CX availability may have changed. If you did a search and still see discrepancy, please let me know.

Thanks for your report, and welcome!
I just did another search on BA.com for 1 seat in Business (one way) and found availability on 2 CX flights on 9/21. Also there was one flight available on 9/28 on CX.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Edit-it gets even more confusing, When I did the same search on ANX with a date of 9/19 +7 it showed me two BA options on 9/19 (that6 didnt show when I was searching 9/18 +7), and on 9/21 it gave me the 2 CX flights and on 9/22 it gave me all 3 CX flights.
When I go back to BA.com I cant find any CX anymore on 9/22.
OK, something very odd is happening with BA.com for JFK-HKG in J.

If I start the search from 9/18, I am never offered the partner option, thus CX flights do not show up and I only get one BA flight option on 9/18.

If, as you reported, I start the search from 9/19, then I am offered the partner option. I get a new pair of BA flights on 9/19 (which didn't show up for the 9/18 + 7 search). I also get the CX flights on 9/21 and 9/28.

This appears to be an oddity with the BA site...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:01 pm

OK, something very odd is happening with BA.com for JFK-HKG in J.

If I start the search from 9/18, I am never offered the partner option, thus CX flights do not show up and I only get one BA flight option on 9/18.

If, as you reported, I start the search from 9/19, then I am offered the partner option. I get a new pair of BA flights on 9/19 (which didn't show up for the 9/18 + 7 search). I also get the CX flights on 9/21 and 9/28.

This appears to be an oddity with the BA site...
The 9/19 search on ANX returns a pair of BA flights in Economy so that is probably why when we search on BA.com with a 9/19 date that doesnt come up and instead we are offered to search for partner availability.

I wonder if we can deduce that when BA has availability on its own metal for the date you put into the search it doesnt give you the "partner search" option, only if they dont have availability on that exact date and class.
This could be another good tip on ANX that if you search for a date range and it turns up availabilty on the first date you entered on BA metal only and no partner availabilty for the rest of the range, this may be the issue. In this case it would be worth going to BA.com directly to check if it is searching partner availability as well.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

I wonder if we can deduce that when BA has availability on its own metal for the date you put into the search it doesnt give you the "partner search" option, only if they dont have availability on that exact date and class.
This could be another good tip on ANX that if you search for a date range and it turns up availabilty on the first date you entered on BA metal only and no partner availabilty for the rest of the range, this may be the issue.
Interesting observation. I did a few searches and you seem to be right. If a BA flight is available on the start date, no partner option is ever offered.

I don't remember this behavior before. However, upon searching the BA site, I see this information (updated 10/11/2009):

Originally Posted by ba.com
Can I make an award or redemption booking for a partner airline on ba.com?
Yes, Executive Club customers are offered the option to search for partner airlines on ba.com where BA is not available or does not operate?

Which airline partners can be booked on ba.com?
All the oneworld carriers are available to book on ba.com. They are American Airlines, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Malev,Mexicana, Finnair, JAL including JAL affiliates, Royal Jordanian and LAN including LAN affiliates.
For bookings on Alaskan Airlines please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.

Can I choose to book a partner flight rather than BA?
No, the option to search for partner availability will only be offered where BA is not available on the requested date or where BA does not service the route
I don't seem to remember this being the case a few months back, but I don't use BA intense enough to say that I was offered partner options before, if BA has flights on the start date.

In this case it would be worth going to BA.com directly to check if it is searching partner availability as well.
That won't be necessary. I just added a notice in the output, so that if no partner coverage is provided, you will know from the ANX result, and won't need go to ba.com to confirm the lack of partner airline coverage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.