Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Try as I might, I can never seem to get into the site.

I get this error
Sorry you are having trouble. Very strange... We've not heard a report of problems from anyone else. I did a few Google searches, and this looks like it may be an error generated from Firefox. Would it be possible to try a different browser and see if you are able to access the site? Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by baseline
Sorry you are having trouble. Very strange... We've not heard a report of problems from anyone else. I did a few Google searches, and this looks like it may be an error generated from Firefox. Would it be possible to try a different browser and see if you are able to access the site? Thanks.
I use FireFox on Mac and have never gotten that error.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I tried again using firefox, and it's still spinning away.

I normally use IE7 with the pro addin installed. I put autoslash on my allow list.

However, I am at work, and something in our firewall could be doing this. I had problems getting to fidelity last week and was told to use a different proxy until they could fix the main proxy. It's definitely not being blocked, because I would be told it was being blocked

I'm going to change to that proxy now and see if I can get in.

Edit to add: I got the exact same error with firefox. I also changed my proxy and got the same error.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:39 pm

I tried again using firefox, and it's still spinning away.

I normally use IE7 with the pro addin installed. I put autoslash on my allow list.

However, I am at work, and something in our firewall could be doing this. I had problems getting to fidelity last week and was told to use a different proxy until they could fix the main proxy. It's definitely not being blocked, because I would be told it was being blocked

I'm going to change to that proxy now and see if I can get in.

Edit to add: I got the exact same error with firefox. I also changed my proxy and got the same error.
Very weird. The only thing I can think of is to try from home later. It sounds like something weird is going on with your office network. I've never had a problem accessing the site, and have received no reports from others either. Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:49 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Try as I might, I can never seem to get into the site.

I get this error
Gateway Timeout is an error returned by a proxy between you and the Autoslash site itself. It is not a problem with the site but rather an intervening server, most likely one that your company maintains. They may be blocking or disallowing access knowingly or unknowingly, with or without a reason.

Another browser on the same PC is not likely to effect the situation; trying from a different location (like home) is basically your only recourse short of taking it up with your company's IT dept.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:19 am

I'm no longer seeing Alamo and National come up on search results either.

Hoping this isn't the start of a trend!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by crhptic
I'm no longer seeing Alamo and National come up on search results either.

Hoping this isn't the start of a trend!
I have experienced the same. So now have to fish around other places too.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
To follow up on my issue.

I was able to access from home, so it must be something with the proxy here.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:36 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Congratulations to AutoSlash on the article posted by MSNBC!
Discount codes and coupons can be a great way to cut car rental costs — if you can ever find the right code for the right rental without killing an hour or two. AutoSlash ( www.autoslash.com) promises to do the work for you, automatically applying the appropriate discounts to rentals from 12 major providers.

Due to contractual constraints, the discounts don’t show up while you’re searching, but rather, on your confirmation e-mail. And, more to the point, the site will continue to monitor your booking and alert you to any subsequent price drops so you can rebook and lock in even greater savings. When was the last time a rental car company did that?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:36 pm

Programs: US,PC
Looks like autoslash slashed lincoln,NE

I see only hertz as car options. Rest all are missing for airport as well as off airport. ( Dates tried Aug 6-8)

Also , for hertz, off airport rate can be around 248$ with united upto 20% off coupon , it shows the regular 262$ rate.

Dracs
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:55 pm

I noticed that discussion here on autoslash has fallen way off along with the available options on their site.

I have no information of any kind, but I fear autoslash is becoming mired in legal limbo with the rental companies.

I wish them well and hope they come out of it okay. And given what I think is going on I will not be surprised if there isn't any kind of posted response from them!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:12 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Loss of National is big for me as my preferred rental car company. Any updates guys?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by dstan
Loss of National is big for me as my preferred rental car company. Any updates guys?

Sorry for the lack of updates of late folks. Frankly you guys have been incredibly supportive, and I want nothing more than to keep everyone in the loop with 100% transparency, but the reality of the situation is that there has been a lot of back and forth between AutoSlash and a few of the car rental companies of late. While these talks have been encouraging, I don't have any specific news to report right now with regard to getting the full complement of vendors back on AutoSlash as bookable options. Discussions are still ongoing though.

I will say though that we are 100% committed to our model of helping people save money on their car rentals. Toward this end, we expect to roll out some new functionality before the end of the summer that will make it easier to take advantage of our service regardless of which vendor is booked. I can't really comment further right now, but we'll make an announcement on this thread once we roll with the new features.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words and support. AutoSlash has really taken off in the last few months, and it's due in no small part to the folks here. We've gotten some great press, but fact remains that this thread was the spark that started the whole fire.

We look forward to working with the FT community to grow the site into something that everyone here feels is an indispensable tool. I know those are heady words, but we're committed to nothing less.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:36 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thanks for the update, baseline - good luck with the negotiations!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just saved about $200 total on two separate car rentals in Greece, one 3 day and one 4 day. My benchmark is a superb Hertz rate that I normally use, and that rarely can be beat. I ran the rental dates thru AutoSlash just to see, and my jaw dropped. The other company (Dollar) wasn't onsite at the airport, but met us in the Arrivals Hall. Returning the car was a bit trickier; we had to meet the person outside the terminal. It was worth it given the significant savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.