AwardWallet

Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
A couple of days ago Award Wallet started having an issue with my Membership rewards (Amex) accounts. A window pops up and It says Amex is sending me a code that I need to enter. Sometimes the code never shows up. If I go log into my account on my own, I don't get this pop up. Anyone seen this or is there a way I can just enter the balances manually?
I'm having the same for one Membership Rewards account, while another one simply doesn't update at all. Both used to work fine. Hilton has also been asking for CAPTCHA verification for a while now.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Huddo
I'm having the same for one Membership Rewards account, while another one simply doesn't update at all. Both used to work fine. Hilton has also been asking for CAPTCHA verification for a while now.
I went through several emails with the AwardWallet folks and never got it resolved. I finally gave up and stopped using it.
diburning and Huddo like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

A couple of days ago Award Wallet started having an issue with my Membership rewards (Amex) accounts. A window pops up and It says Amex is sending me a code that I need to enter. Sometimes the code never shows up. If I go log into my account on my own, I don't get this pop up. Anyone seen this or is there a way I can just enter the balances manually?
Me, too! I'm incredibly aggravated by it.

Me - says it is sending a code that I never receive
Husband - says it is sending code, he receives it by email, phone rings, says it's AMEX, but no one answers it if he picks up his phone.

I spent quite a bit of time inside both our AMEX accounts today. I can't figure out any alert that is set that triggers the phone call. Needless to say, he doesn't enjoy receiving them.

And as you say, if I log into our accounts directly, none of this nonsense occurs. I easily get our Membership Reward balances.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:20 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Same problem here. More and more accounts have some sort of issue now to auto update. I am seriously considering just not renewing my paying subscription, it is not worth it anymore.
diburning and fredc84 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Same problem here. More and more accounts have some sort of issue now to auto update. I am seriously considering just not renewing my paying subscription, it is not worth it anymore.
I've never paid, luckily, but I agree with you. Not a big deal in the scheme of life, but it was fun to come back after making my morning coffee and seeing my accounts that went up in value.
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
just did a Amex update on my account no code or anything it just worked as normal
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:25 am
Community Director Emerita

I just disabled our AMEX accounts and ran the update for the other accounts.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Aselwyn
just did a Amex update on my account no code or anything it just worked as normal
I just tried, still the same issue.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just disabled our AMEX accounts and ran the update for the other accounts.
Depends on how many accounts you need to update, I guess. I only update 5 and the Amex's being 40% of that, it's just as quick for me to log in myself and check the balances.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
I just tried, still the same issue.
sounds like its just AMEX USA thats broken as my account is Canadian
fredc84 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Aselwyn
sounds like its just AMEX USA thats broken as my account is Canadian
I know Amex made some changes that also broke Quicken downloads for a bit. I think they finally resolved it, but perhaps the Award Wallet team hasn't updated their back-end yet?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
I know Amex made some changes that also broke Quicken downloads for a bit. I think they finally resolved it, but perhaps the Award Wallet team hasn't updated their back-end yet?
Do you recall when that was? Mint online hasnt been connecting to my AmEx accounts for the last couple days either. Sounds like there might be still an issue on AmExs end.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by strickerj

Do you recall when that was? Mint online hasnt been connecting to my AmEx accounts for the last couple days either. Sounds like there might be still an issue on AmExs end.
Here's the "article" on Quicken's website. It's marked as resolved and my credit cards are working, but the Amex Savings account doesn't want to download via the One Step Update for me. I did deactivate all and re-activate (total PITA as it re-downloads like the last 6 months worth of stuff and you gotta manually delete the duplicates)

https://community.quicken.com/discus...-returns-error
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:53 am

I just tried again...same error.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
Here's the "article" on Quicken's website. It's marked as resolved and my credit cards are working, but the Amex Savings account doesn't want to download via the One Step Update for me. I did deactivate all and re-activate (total PITA as it re-downloads like the last 6 months worth of stuff and you gotta manually delete the duplicates)

https://community.quicken.com/discus...-returns-error
Oh, different issue then; mine was working until about 3 days ago. It turned out AmEx was returning a CAPTCHA and Mint wasnt displaying it. (I had to re-enter my login and reconnect manually to get it to do so.) In AwardWallet, AmEx asked me to verify the last 4 digits of my SSN, and thats now working too.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:48 am

American Express

I've been experiencing errors with all my four family members American Express updates:

After going through with the authentication security code from email, Awardwallet works until the next update then errors out again -- basically it seems the authenticated cookies aren't being saved properly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.