AwardWallet

Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by josephstern
So if you're sharing accounts with a connection, can the connection see all of your credit card charges also?
Yes, based on the level of permission. Full access and read access will. The two lower levels of permission will not.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:29 am
Community Director Emerita

I have successfully merged my Starwood and Marriott accounts. How do I delete the Starwood account?

Kudos to AwardWallet for picking up the new Starwood number. This simplified merging the accounts considerably.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have successfully merged my Starwood and Marriott accounts. How do I delete the Starwood account?

Kudos to AwardWallet for picking up the new Starwood number. This simplified merging the accounts considerably.
I just checked the box to the left and clicked the trash icon at the top.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by josephstern

I just checked the box to the left and clicked the trash icon at the top.
Perfect, so easy and elegant - and yet I was unable to figure it out on my own. Thank you.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:55 pm
hln

Ok i am confused about one thing. I get how award wallet works with hotel chains award points.
But how does it work with airline miles, if you have accounts with different airlines that are not in the same "team"?
What i am asking is, is there a higher purpose rather than just knowing the count of your FF miles ?
thank you all.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by hln
Ok i am confused about one thing. I get how award wallet works with hotel chains award points.
But how does it work with airline miles, if you have accounts with different airlines that are not in the same "team"?
What i am asking is, is there a higher purpose rather than just knowing the count of your FF miles ?
thank you all.
What do you mean by team? Alliance? If you "get" how AwardWallet works with hotels, its the same with airlines.

Are you talking about a scenario where you have miles with for example: Delta and Air France? Both are in SkyTeam but you have different balances. They're effectively different currencies. You can sort/search in AwardWallet by alliance, simply search "SkyTeam" and you'll see all the miles across airlines in SkyTeam.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:46 pm
hln

Originally Posted by thehowieee
What do you mean by team? Alliance? If you "get" how AwardWallet works with hotels, its the same with airlines.

Are you talking about a scenario where you have miles with for example: Delta and Air France? Both are in SkyTeam but you have different balances. They're effectively different currencies. You can sort/search in AwardWallet by alliance, simply search "SkyTeam" and you'll see all the miles across airlines in SkyTeam.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
Yes, i mean alliance. Sorry, i am italian! sorry for my english

Ok, i understand airline alliances etc.

I am trying to understand the benefits of using awardwallet rather than seeing your FF accounts all in one page.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by hln
I am trying to understand the benefits of using awardwallet rather than seeing your FF accounts all in one page.
AwardWallet is how I see all my accounts on one page. I track airline/hotel/credit card currency. I track 25 accounts for my husband and me. It's part of my morning routine to run an update. With one click, awardwallet will update every account. I can see if credit card spend has hit, or a points transfer has occurred, or if a flight has credited. I haven't experienced any fraud, but it would provide quick awareness. i'd suddenly see an account depleted and know I hadn't used those points. It's also a great way to see when a credit card hotel night or an airline companion cert has been deposited into that account. Further, it's a reminder of what I have yet to use.

I can't imagine checking each and every account separately. I'm a huge fan of the program.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by hln
Yes, i mean alliance. Sorry, i am italian! sorry for my english

Ok, i understand airline alliances etc.

cool!

So all your accounts in one place, alerts when balances change and/or expire, a place to track any/all certificates as well. One of my reasons I love it is because when points get deducted I get alerted so if for some reason someone breaks into one of my rewards accounts and redeems something, I'll get a notice.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I just love the photo of the dad with the little kid in the airplane seat on the Award Wallet landing page. I smile every time I see that photo.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:05 am
hln

Originally Posted by thehowieee
cool!

So all your accounts in one place, alerts when balances change and/or expire, a place to track any/all certificates as well. One of my reasons I love it is because when points get deducted I get alerted so if for some reason someone breaks into one of my rewards accounts and redeems something, I'll get a notice.
Great, thank you.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:07 am
hln

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I just love the photo of the dad with the little kid in the airplane seat on the Award Wallet landing page. I smile every time I see that photo.
I love that photo as well and to me it is great because it shows the safest restraint system for children flying in an airplane. The CARES system. I use it with my kids and it is super! More parents should use it!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego

Thanks, I got lucky with such cute kids. He's a charmer.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:58 pm

Marriott - points expiration "unknown" or incorrect?

For my Marriott account (formerly SPG), Award Wallet shows points will expire in 5 months. Yet, there was points activity last month and this month as well. Activity earned via Amex SPG card. I thought with the merger, points expire in 24 months of *no activity*?

For my roomate's SPG account, last activity was 2/8/18.
Yet, Award wallet says "unknown" for expiration date (but in the "history tab" it does see the activity from 2/8/18)

??
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by hurnik
For my Marriott account (formerly SPG), Award Wallet shows points will expire in 5 months. Yet, there was points activity last month and this month as well. Activity earned via Amex SPG card. I thought with the merger, points expire in 24 months of *no activity*?

For my roomate's SPG account, last activity was 2/8/18.
Yet, Award wallet says "unknown" for expiration date (but in the "history tab" it does see the activity from 2/8/18)

??
I am pretty sure it is not award wallet's fault.
Marriott's own display is messed up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.