Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by A1pax
Have not been able to update all accounts in AwardWallet for quite a while. Hubby's Hilton account said "your account is locked out" What does this mean? I can log in OK directly at Hilton website but cannot from AwardWallet. I did read somewhere Hilton has been a problem. Is there a work out? Thanks.
Please try re-entering the info on his account. Perhaps an old password?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Please try re-entering the info on his account. Perhaps an old password?
Thanks, thehowieee, ^. I have done that in the autologin and the Hilton data has been updated in AwardWallet.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:13 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

I was able to get Hilton to update a couple weeks ago but it isn't updating again. It says it is but it isn't.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was able to get Hilton to update a couple weeks ago but it isn't updating again. It says it is but it isn't.
Does auto-login work for your account?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:50 am

Does auto-login work for your account?
What do you mean? I tick "update all" and it runs. It says all my programs have updated. I can see that it has touched Hilton because it always brings up a couple Hilton boxes .
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What do you mean? I tick "update all" and it runs. It says all my programs have updated. I can see that it has touched Hilton because it always brings up a couple Hilton boxes .
If you click "Hilton (Honors)" it should open a new tab and attempt to log you in to your hilton.com. When doing this, does it log you in? I *think* what is happening is you need to click the "Sign in" button, as the update process won't automatically do that for you, which is why it isn't updating.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:05 am

If you click "Hilton (Honors)" it should open a new tab and attempt to log you in to your hilton.com. When doing this, does it log you in? I *think* what is happening is you need to click the "Sign in" button, as the update process won't automatically do that for you, which is why it isn't updating.
I've just rerun it.
  1. I was already logged into Hilton. It showed the Hilton Leisure Escapes box coming up. On Award Wallet, it said "updated without change" and nothing changed.
  2. I logged out of Hilton. I clicked update on Award Wallet. It brought up Hilton Leisure Escapes. It never logged in. On Award Wallet, it said "updated without change" and nothing changed. At no time was there opportunity for me to do anything manually.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:23 am

Can you PM me the email address associated with your AwardWallet account? I'll have support look at what is going on - there should be something logged with the (lack of an) update.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:23 am

Ok, we just forced an update on your account and it looks to have updated. We also manually disabled the use of affiliate links (a setting in your profile which you can change), in case an ad-blocker was doing something funky.

Can you try again? I wouldn't expect the balance to change given the successful update that just happened, but the Hilton window should pop up, and it should log you in or at least prompt you to click sign in. If that doesn't happen, we'll need to escalate this. It could be a browser/extension problem too -- but past my ability troubleshoot.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:36 am

Ok, we just forced an update on your account and it looks to have updated. We also manually disabled the use of affiliate links (a setting in your profile which you can change), in case an ad-blocker was doing something funky.
Thank you for your efforts. I knew you were working on it when a banner came across my desktop showing my accurate Hilton total. This time on asking awardwallet to update the account, it went to the proper Hilton page, Hiltonhhonors.com. However, it did not log in nor did it prompt me for any action. Again, the awardwallet summary page said that it had updated.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:38 am

Got it. Can you try another browser? I'm going to have to get support involved -- because it is past my ability
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:50 am

Can you try another browser? I'm going to have to get support involved -- because it is past my ability
I normally use Firefox. When I went to Safari, I got a message saying that a browser extension was missing.

Off to your support team.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:04 am

Actually, I think that is it. If you install the extension with Safari I bet it'll work (Hilton updates require the desktop extension). My gut says the problem is perhaps something happened with the extension in Firefox. If you remove it, restart the browser, and attempt to update Hilton it should prompt you to reinstall the extension and I bet that'll fix it.

If you want to try that (my gut is that is what support will have you try), let me know, otherwise, I'll send it over to them to reach out to you.

Howie
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:16 am

My gut says the problem is perhaps something happened with the extension in Firefox. If you remove it, restart the browser, and attempt to update Hilton it should prompt you to reinstall the extension and I bet that'll fix it.
I did as you requested. Nothing changed. It still indicates it has updated but it never logged on to Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.