Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by prech
I've been experiencing errors with all my four family members American Express updates:

After going through with the authentication security code from email, Awardwallet works until the next update then errors out again -- basically it seems the authenticated cookies aren't being saved properly
I no longer use it...when it can't keep 2 of my primary cards info and log me in, what's the point.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
My android app wont open - anybody else in the same boat or is it just me..
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
Be aware Award Wallet

Maintain your own records on the UA site or app. Despite testimonials on travel web sites, Award Wallet seems dangerous. They won’t let you register witrhout giving your Social Security number and the only reason they might do this is to sell it—and once you enter it, you have no control of your personal data. A colleague of mine entered her SSN on a similar site some years ago and someone was able to hack her bank account and she lost her life savings. If you use Award Wallet, be prepared for such a hack. I never enter any number of my SSN (not even the last 4 digits() on then web. I will only give my SSN to financial institutions or advisers on the phone.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:24 am

What is Award Wallet?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS
What is Award Wallet?

Probably either awardwallet.com: https://awardwallet.com/blog/track-u...s-awardwallet/

or maybe Wallets Awards? https://www.mileageplusawards.com/wallets
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:31 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I use AwardWallet and have never been asked for a SSN.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I use AwardWallet and have never been asked for a SSN.

same
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
+1 -AW never requested my SSN (not that I have one)
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
I've been a paid subscriber of Awardwallet for a number of years now and it has never asked me for my SSN.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by euslaner
... Award Wallet seems dangerous. They won’t let you register without giving your Social Security number ...
I too am a long-time subscriber and have NEVER been asked for my SSN.

Is there perhaps a web site with just one or two characters different from awardwallet.com that looks like Award Wallet and is trying to phish for info like SSNs? Just speculation. Have not looked for such a site.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
How do people find the ical link? It doesn't seem very reliable for me.

Neither manual entries, nor itins that were emailed (not pulled through their direct link) show up on my ical

(ie I have 22 upcoming trips, but only 4 show up, and all of those are next week)
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
somehow Awardwallet on my android phone now asks to verify my subscription with... Apple.

I had originally paid for it via the AppStore but have switched to an android years ago.

The problem is that I can only click either cancel - which closes the app, or "verify" -> which leads to the app trying to access the iOS appstore on my android phone and the app crashes....

Still works fine via browser though.

Any solution to this? I've tried deleting and re-installing, same thing...
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Anyone else not being able to earn 5 AA miles per comment on the blog? I haven't been able to earn for the past 3 days now.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pointshogger
Anyone else not being able to earn 5 AA miles per comment on the blog? I haven't been able to earn for the past 3 days now.
not the only one some how about a year ago my account got black listed. they won't even post anything i try and comment no matter how valuble what i say is.
Old May 12, 2020, 2:26 pm

I have Hyatt points to expire in a months time (no activity for 24 months). Awardwallet has been showing my points to expire as scheduled. However, due to covid-19 Hyatt said it would extend points for people like me until end of December 2020. Does anyone know if (and when) the new expiry date for my Hyatt points will be picked up by Awardwallet? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.