AwardWallet

Old Aug 18, 19, 4:40 am
  #871  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Manchester
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
A couple of days ago Award Wallet started having an issue with my Membership rewards (Amex) accounts. A window pops up and It says Amex is sending me a code that I need to enter. Sometimes the code never shows up. If I go log into my account on my own, I don't get this pop up. Anyone seen this or is there a way I can just enter the balances manually?
I'm having the same for one Membership Rewards account, while another one simply doesn't update at all. Both used to work fine. Hilton has also been asking for CAPTCHA verification for a while now.
Huddo is offline  
Old Aug 18, 19, 5:44 am
  #872  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York
Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Posts: 873
Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
I'm having the same for one Membership Rewards account, while another one simply doesn't update at all. Both used to work fine. Hilton has also been asking for CAPTCHA verification for a while now.
I went through several emails with the AwardWallet folks and never got it resolved. I finally gave up and stopped using it.
diburning and Huddo like this.
fredc84 is offline  
Old Aug 18, 19, 10:01 pm
  #873  
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 29,513
Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
A couple of days ago Award Wallet started having an issue with my Membership rewards (Amex) accounts. A window pops up and It says Amex is sending me a code that I need to enter. Sometimes the code never shows up. If I go log into my account on my own, I don't get this pop up. Anyone seen this or is there a way I can just enter the balances manually?
Me, too! I'm incredibly aggravated by it.

Me - says it is sending a code that I never receive
Husband - says it is sending code, he receives it by email, phone rings, says it's AMEX, but no one answers it if he picks up his phone.

I spent quite a bit of time inside both our AMEX accounts today. I can't figure out any alert that is set that triggers the phone call. Needless to say, he doesn't enjoy receiving them.

And as you say, if I log into our accounts directly, none of this nonsense occurs. I easily get our Membership Reward balances.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 2:20 am
  #874  
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate
Programs: OW Ruby (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Silver, HHonor Gold
Posts: 2,287
Same problem here. More and more accounts have some sort of issue now to auto update. I am seriously considering just not renewing my paying subscription, it is not worth it anymore.
diburning and fredc84 like this.
fransknorge is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 6:31 am
  #875  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York
Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Posts: 873
Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
Same problem here. More and more accounts have some sort of issue now to auto update. I am seriously considering just not renewing my paying subscription, it is not worth it anymore.
I've never paid, luckily, but I agree with you. Not a big deal in the scheme of life, but it was fun to come back after making my morning coffee and seeing my accounts that went up in value.
strickerj likes this.
fredc84 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 8:21 am
  #876  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ontario Canada
Programs: Hilton Gold - Air Canada 25K
Posts: 66
just did a Amex update on my account no code or anything it just worked as normal
Aselwyn is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 8:25 am
  #877  
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 29,513
I just disabled our AMEX accounts and ran the update for the other accounts.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 8:58 am
  #878  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York
Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Posts: 873
Originally Posted by Aselwyn View Post
just did a Amex update on my account no code or anything it just worked as normal
I just tried, still the same issue.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I just disabled our AMEX accounts and ran the update for the other accounts.
Depends on how many accounts you need to update, I guess. I only update 5 and the Amex's being 40% of that, it's just as quick for me to log in myself and check the balances.
fredc84 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:48 am
  #879  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ontario Canada
Programs: Hilton Gold - Air Canada 25K
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
I just tried, still the same issue.
sounds like its just AMEX USA thats broken as my account is Canadian
fredc84 likes this.
Aselwyn is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 8:41 am
  #880  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 203
Originally Posted by Aselwyn View Post
sounds like its just AMEX USA thats broken as my account is Canadian
I know Amex made some changes that also broke Quicken downloads for a bit. I think they finally resolved it, but perhaps the Award Wallet team hasn't updated their back-end yet?
luv2vacay is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:05 am
  #881  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DTW
Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Posts: 831
Originally Posted by luv2vacay View Post
I know Amex made some changes that also broke Quicken downloads for a bit. I think they finally resolved it, but perhaps the Award Wallet team hasn't updated their back-end yet?
Do you recall when that was? Mint online hasnít been connecting to my AmEx accounts for the last couple days either. Sounds like there might be still an issue on AmExís end.
strickerj is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 8:10 am
  #882  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 203
Originally Posted by strickerj View Post


Do you recall when that was? Mint online hasnít been connecting to my AmEx accounts for the last couple days either. Sounds like there might be still an issue on AmExís end.
Here's the "article" on Quicken's website. It's marked as resolved and my credit cards are working, but the Amex Savings account doesn't want to download via the One Step Update for me. I did deactivate all and re-activate (total PITA as it re-downloads like the last 6 months worth of stuff and you gotta manually delete the duplicates)

https://community.quicken.com/discus...-returns-error
strickerj likes this.
luv2vacay is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 8:53 am
  #883  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York
Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Posts: 873
I just tried again...same error.
fredc84 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:22 am
  #884  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DTW
Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Posts: 831
Originally Posted by luv2vacay View Post
Here's the "article" on Quicken's website. It's marked as resolved and my credit cards are working, but the Amex Savings account doesn't want to download via the One Step Update for me. I did deactivate all and re-activate (total PITA as it re-downloads like the last 6 months worth of stuff and you gotta manually delete the duplicates)

https://community.quicken.com/discus...-returns-error
Oh, different issue then; mine was working until about 3 days ago. It turned out AmEx was returning a CAPTCHA and Mint wasnít displaying it. (I had to re-enter my login and reconnect manually to get it to do so.) In AwardWallet, AmEx asked me to verify the last 4 digits of my SSN, and thatís now working too.
strickerj is offline  
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:48 am
  #885  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
American Express

I've been experiencing errors with all my four family members American Express updates:



After going through with the authentication security code from email, Awardwallet works until the next update then errors out again -- basically it seems the authenticated cookies aren't being saved properly
prech is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread